Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bring back hanging !

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Simster said:
Yeah I guess there are a handful of cases - although Soham wasn't random (the girls knew the murderers).

I'm sure there are cases that are not preventable, but I guess I'm more interested in the family ones, where I think a good proportion most certainly are...

Agreed, though sadly these people dont usually come to notice until its too late.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
British Bulldog said:
And where are they now? Still being punished or living a protected life under new identities?
They were 12 / 13 year old minors and that case is almost unique in Britain.

Your point would certainly hold water if the murders were adults or near adulthood at the time. But they weren't, so to be honest, I can't see what point you're making.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
British Bulldog said:
What is the point of keeping them in prison? their a waste of space and resources.

What is there to understand about these people? They are just cold blooded monsters who dont deserve the right to any kind of life.

If a dog attacked and killed a child it would be put down! Why cant these people just be put down as well?
I don't disagree with your assessment of these people, and indeed I would shed no tears if they are ever found swinging from their cells, but the fact is that state sponsored murder is NOT right. As a nation we should be able to lock up our criminals instead.

Simster said:
Eh? This case isn't "random", it's the kid's uncle. And it nearly always is a relative.

And I think it would be sensible to try and understand the motivation of these sickos undertaking such crimes.

The kids Uncle has been arrested. In this country we have the principle in law of "innocent until proven guilty". We don't know for sure that he has done it yet, we will find out if it comes to trial.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Simster said:
They were 12 / 13 year old minors and that case is almost unique in Britain.

Your point would certainly hold water if the murders were adults or near adulthood at the time. But they weren't, so to be honest, I can't see what point you're making.

So it's ok that they were just young lads because they will grow out of it yeah? That was'nt just some teenage prank you know! it was a cold calculated crime of kidnap torture and murder. So why the hell are they now living free lives?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Simster said:
We should be trying to understand why it happens in order to prevent it.
Simster,to me, and probably anyone who's read through this thread, you are coming over as bit of a prick to honest mate.

How on earth can anyone understand why it happens?

Okay, so if by some miracle you work out why it happens, what do you do? Are we talking MInority Report here, where you start to arrest people before they commit a crime? You have a lot of views on this, please explain what you are thinking?

Why is capital punishment wrong? It may be in your opinion, but I'm sure if you had kids and someone done this to one of them, you view may change. Personally if this happened to my kids, I would kill the person who did it. If it meant cutting his throat in a packed court room, my sole aim in life would be to see him die.

Pricks like you telling people capital punishment is wrong, and try and understand why they done it so we can understand, make me vomit.

A little tip, think before letting your fingers walk over your keyboard. Either that or just bash your keyboard with your fists. You might sound a bit less of a c**t

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Mr Burns said:
Simster,to me, and probably anyone who's read through this thread, you are coming over as bit of a prick to honest mate.

Please speak for yourself Mr Burns. I've read the whole thread and mostly agree with him.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
hans kraay fan club said:
Please speak for yourself Mr Burns. I've read the whole thread and mostly agree with him.
Mr Burns has on many occasions come across as an intolerant, facist simpleton - which is why I didn't bother replying. In this case, my "crime" against him seems to be that I don't agree with state execution.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Southover Street Seagull said:
The kids Uncle has been arrested. In this country we have the principle in law of "innocent until proven guilty". We don't know for sure that he has done it yet, we will find out if it comes to trial.

Absolutely, I was going to post something similar. If it was down to some of the people on here, he'd have been burnt at the stake by now - without bothering to find out if he actually did it.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
BlazeSaddle11.jpeg

" I can't fit anyone in till Tuesday i am afraid"

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I would advocate hanging but only if it was public hanging so we could chuck fruit and spit at those on their walk to the noose.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Simster said:
Mr Burns has on many occasions come across as an intolerant, facist simpleton - which is why I didn't bother replying. In this case, my "crime" against him seems to be that I don't agree with state execution.
Your 'crime' as you put it, has nothing to do with state execution, but I'm sure you already know that. Your 'crime' is talking bollocks. Like London Irish the reason you don't reply is because you know you are wrong.

The reason I think you are talking bollocks, is to do with your 'lets try and understand why shit."

Answer me this, if you manage the impossible, and understand why people do things like this, what do you do? What is the point of understanding why someone rapes and murders a two year old. And don't say to stop it happening. Because I'll ask you again, even armed with that knowledge why it happens, how do you stop it happening? Instead of coming back with your predicable "intolerant, facist simpleton" crap try and answer the question, I think its a fair point to ask.

That is why I had a go at you. Nothing to do with state execution. My view is it should happen for cases like these, cold blooded Child murders should be executed. But thats my opinion. If you don't agree with that, fine, thats your opinion, but I wouldn't have a go at you or it. I wouldn't personally calkl for state execution for many crimes, but child rape/murder would be one crime I would want to see punished with death.

Lets not forgot your first words in this thread were "What a sad f***ing COCK you are" Not the greatest introduction to a thread is it?

So, like I said to London Irish countless times before, try and debate something like a grown up, and answer the points, even if you dont want to, because if all you can manage is calling people a cock or facist simpleton, and avoid the question, it doesn't really look very good on you. If you are going to enter a grown up debate, try and conduct yourself like a grown up. I have picked up on something you said and made my point and asked you a question back, explaining why I think you sound like a prick.

Prove me wrong? :glare:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
hans kraay fan club said:
That's fine. I'm going to have a go at you because of it. We are all intitled to our opinions, it just annoys me when someone doesn't doesn't agree with what someone says, is a COCK or a facist, like Simster calls people.. I would like to hear anyones views, on why knowing why someone would rapes and murders a child, would of any use to society?

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't believe the state should allow or endorse capital punishment because, apart from other reasons why it is bad:

1) It doesn't act as a deterrent (see the USA), and
2) It brings our country down to the level of the gutter so we have no moral advantage when dealing with those countries that do endorse it.

What is so hard about BUILDING MORE PRISONS?? If we can spunk billions on wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and shit like the Millennium Dome then we can afford to build enough prisons to take scum like this off our streets.

I don't want to see them dead, just taken out of society and a complete loss of personal freedom.

Last edited:

Mr Burns said:
I would like to hear anyones views, on why knowing why someone would rapes and murders a child, would of any use to society?
I think it would be extremely useful to society if we understood how life in some families has broken down so much that some people find it possible to commit horrendous crimes against children who are closely related to them.

Why do these people murder their relatives?

What are the characteristics of family life that might indicate that some families have members who might behave like this?

Can society intervene at an earlier stage to prevent such crimes being committed? If so ... what sort of intervention is effective?

I think it is extremely unwise for society to deal with these cases by concluding that some individuals are simply monsters who should be put down.

But that seems to be the view of some people on this thread. In my opinion it would put more children at risk if society simply succumbed to this rather unpleasant lust for quick and easy retribution.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I urge all of the suppoters of execution to read John Grishams "an innocent man" then dide whether you back the death penalty btw it's JG's first non fiction book v.good read

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here