Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bring back Dean Wilkins

Surf 'n' Turf

Sep 21, 2008
If it weren't for human nature - it could happen.

So I really doubt it will, even as much as I would LOVE that.

As for "no going back" stuff - he would get a hero's welcome by most of the Withdean crowd, and probably the players too (aside from Mayo and Hart maybe).

Managing The Albion is still his rightful place, even though he got the rug pulled under him.

He'd get a good welcome back, then 3 defeats and everyone would be on his and Knights back. Never going to happen and I'm happy for it to stay that way.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Certainly doesn't stop you from telling everyone that you don't know what's going on.

We get the message, thanks.

I sincerely apologise for repeating something. I know no-one's ever done that on NSC before.

I am also obviously guilty of not wanting to blame someone without hard evidence that they deserve it.

Finally I also seem to be guilty of irritating you so much with my posts.

Therefore, as I am am so unworthy of posting on NSC and you have the moral high ground (see another thread), I will do you the courtesy of never posting on NSC again - a decision with which I am sure you will be delighted.

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Secrets or mystery reasons surrounding the Wilkins affair can stay as shrouded as you like - but the FACTS are in front of our eyes in the shape of results.

OK, here are the RESULTS

The Albion under Dean Wilkins: P95 W 36 L 36 D 23 Average points per match 1.38

The Albion under Micky Adams P154 W 63 L 47 D 44 Average points per match 1.51

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
OK, here are the RESULTS

Incomparable. The majority of the games under Micky Adams were in the league below. Different budgets, different squads, different strengths of opposition etc etc

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
OK, here are the RESULTS

Your kiddin' me .....

Lets add a few Leicester and Coventry results for Micky and add Wilkins youth team results shall we, c'mon.

Your just not comparing like for like.

I sincerely apologise for repeating something. I know no-one's ever done that on NSC before.

I am also obviously guilty of not wanting to blame someone without hard evidence that they deserve it.

Finally I also seem to be guilty of irritating you so much with my posts.

Therefore, as I am am so unworthy of posting on NSC and you have the moral high ground (see another thread), I will do you the courtesy of never posting on NSC again - a decision with which I am sure you will be delighted.

Crumbs. Someone got out of bed the wrong side this morning. A proper flounce no less. Not bad as flounces go either.

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Incomparable. The majority of the games under Micky Adams were in the league below. Different budgets, different squads, different strengths of opposition etc etc

True, when he took over he had a much lower budget than the current one.

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Your kiddin' me .....

Lets add a few Leicester and Coventry results for Micky and add Wilkins youth team results shall we, c'mon.

Your just not comparing like for like.

Someone said that we should judge Wilkins and Adams on results, I just Googled the said results, I have not said anything judgemental.

OK, here are the RESULTS

Lies, damn lies and statistics. What exactly does your post highlight apart from your stupidity?

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Lies, damn lies and statistics. What exactly does your post highlight apart from your stupidity?

How exactly does that prove my stupidity?

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Big Gully and BoF have already explained above. Did you not understand?

Not really, I certainly don't understand why BigGully wants to include Dean Wilkins youth team results or Adams results at Coventry and Leicester, as it is Brighton we are talking about.

Not really, I certainly don't understand why BigGully wants to include Dean Wilkins youth team results or Adams results at Coventry and Leicester, as it is Brighton we are talking about.

I understand his point perfectly, and very well made it is too. Hence my original comment.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

But its a silly comparison and tells us very little.

We can all pluck a set of results which might support a view.

It is however quite reasonable to compare Wilkins season last season with Adams reign this season.

Its not quite like for like as Adams budget was significantly greater than what Wilkins had to play with, so it looks even worse for Adams I guess.

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
But its a silly comparison and tells us very little.

It is however quite reasonable to compare Wilkins season last season with Adams reign this season.

Its not quite like for like as Adams budget was significantly greater than what Wilkins had to play with, so it looks even worse for Adams I guess.

It's equally reasonable to compare Wilkins first season with Adams' first season.

Where have you found the figures for the budgets from?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It's equally reasonable to compare Wilkins first season with Adams' first season.

Surely it would be more accurate to compare the most recent set of results from a season, that way you can gauge progress or not.

I think it you can safely accept that the budgets on the new players has added to the overall wage bill.

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008

Which is exactly the point I am trying to make. Which makes me query why so many bring up the issue of finishing seventh last season.

You and I have no idea how the team would have fared under Wilkins this season.

I don't think he should have been sacked for footballing reasons, my understanding was that he was sacked for non-footballing reasons.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Equally reasonable as in unreasonable.

Adams had full control of his squad from before pre-season and was allowed to strengthen in areas he saw fit. Wilkins took charge after the transfer window had closed and was a peripheral figure (comparatively) in pre-season training.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here