Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bring back Dean Wilkins

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I have always had the view that Dean was mistreated and he was a good man and manager that wanted to serve Brighton and Hove Albion and i have no regrets in backing that man and i have always backed Knight until this historical cock up which has set us back in building a championship squad and cost the club money we can not afford and all for Dean upsetting him, it's pathetic and i can not understand how easily this distracted Knights focus.

If you at the top you have to be accountable for team affairs it is the manager and for their appointments and even transfers (at our club) that is the Chairman he has always been happy for the limelight so he should stand up and be counted just maybe he would have gained some respect by apologising for the dismissal of Wilkins.

Have you ever met Dick Bwian?

To come up with all of that you must have met Dick, listened to him in board meetings and heard his reasons for sacking DW. Otherwise you are just guessing.

If he believes he was right to dismiss DW then he has no need to apologise.

D

Deleted member 2719

To come up with all of that you must have met Dick, listened to him in board meetings and heard his reasons for sacking DW. Otherwise you are just guessing.

If he believes he was right to dismiss DW then he has no need to apologise.

I am glad you agree that it was a decision led by DK, do you think Dick still believes he made the right decision then?
???

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I am glad you agree that it was a decision led by DK, do you think Dick still believes he made the right decision then?
???

I don't know if it was DK or all the board so I am in no position to agree or disagree.

How can I think anything about what Dick believes - he hasn't told me! As with you, anything I come up with would be a pure, totally uninformed guess. It is possible that he is adamant that he made the right decision about DW, but the wrong one about MA.

However, being totally uninformed doesn't seem to stop some from thinking they know everything.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
this is becoming excessively tedious.

wilkins will not be coming back whether dick knight stays or goes........now get over it and move on

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
WILKINS BACK - KNIGHT IN U-TURN SHOCK

Apologies to those who nearly had a heart attack but if the whingers from the "bring back dean wilkins brigade" have seen what they want to see..............

can we please now see the back of this tiresome "campaign" and return the board to people who want to support the club (even whilst expressing realistic concerns) or heavens forfend say some positive things about the club

and can those who are constantly harping on with their pet theories and fantasies against the club go and support the teams where their heroes are now employed (if they are indeed employed).

If it weren't for human nature - it could happen.

So I really doubt it will, even as much as I would LOVE that.

As for "no going back" stuff - he would get a hero's welcome by most of the Withdean crowd, and probably the players too (aside from Mayo and Hart maybe).

Managing The Albion is still his rightful place, even though he got the rug pulled under him.

Apologies to those who nearly had a heart attack but if the whingers from the "bring back dean wilkins brigade" have seen what they want to see..............

can we please now see the back of this tiresome "campaign" and return the board to people who want to support the club (even whilst expressing realistic concerns) or heavens forfend say some positive things about the club

and can those who are constantly harping on with their pet theories and fantasies against the club go and support the teams where their heroes are now employed (if they are indeed employed).

Erm.... there's no less support of the club because of wanting Wilkins as manager. We do not have an Albion manager right now, remember?

This is a thread concerned with a manager currently out of a contract.

All those who want to use a word 'forfend' that they made up, please leave this thread, there is nothing for you here. Move along now.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

I do love being told to get of this board or go and watch another team by people who hardly see the Albion play, as per your comment in your own profile.
Perhaps if you came and watched the same shite we have every week I think you may also have a different opinion and want to debate these things.

I don't know if it was DK or all the board so I am in no position to agree or disagree.

How can I think anything about what Dick believes - he hasn't told me! As with you, anything I come up with would be a pure, totally uninformed guess. It is possible that he is adamant that he made the right decision about DW, but the wrong one about MA.

However, being totally uninformed doesn't seem to stop some from thinking they know everything.

Yes yes, but for all the proselytizing about Knight or the board's REASONS for ousting Wilkins, the tangible and visible results show a VERY strong case for it being WRONG for the team and the supporters.
Anyone marketing a product with some success and then changing it to become ultimately unsuccessful, has to have made a mistake in changing it!
I don't care about the reasons - if it ain't broke don't fix it, and IT WAS NOT BROKE!

Secrets or mystery reasons surrounding the Wilkins affair can stay as shrouded as you like - but the FACTS are in front of our eyes in the shape of results.

Certainly doesn't stop you from telling everyone that you don't know what's going on.

We get the message, thanks.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I have always had the view that Dean was mistreated and he was a good man and manager that wanted to serve Brighton and Hove Albion and i have no regrets in backing that man and i have always backed Knight until this historical cock up which has set us back in building a championship squad and cost the club money we can not afford and all for Dean upsetting him, it's pathetic and i can not understand how easily this distracted Knights focus.

If you at the top you have to be accountable for team affairs it is the manager and for their appointments and even transfers (at our club) that is the Chairman he has always been happy for the limelight so he should stand up and be counted just maybe he would have gained some respect by apologising for the dismissal of Wilkins.

Have you ever met Dick Bwian?

A couple of points:

Yes, I have met Dick Knight-a number of times but I don't have him on my Christmas card list.

I'm sure he has no problem in standing up and being counted. However, to have to do it on a daily basis for the same group of people has gone way beyond backing 'your man'. You've all made it clear how you feel-every frigging day in fact and usually more than once for 9 months now.

As for apologising for the dismissal of Wilkins-why does he have to do that? It has been made clear that there were problems with Wilkins' management (what they were I don't know). The heads of the company decided he had to go, paid him off and let him go.

I sincerely hope that whoever the new manager is he doesn't have a ready made hate mob on his case the first time he makes a mistake simply because he's not Wilkins/Adams/McGhee.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Whoever is brought in, I don't mind, but please not Wilkins!!

D

Deleted member 2719

A couple of points:

Yes, I have met Dick Knight-a number of times but I don't have him on my Christmas card list.

I'm sure he has no problem in standing up and being counted. However, to have to do it on a daily basis for the same group of people has gone way beyond backing 'your man'. You've all made it clear how you feel-every frigging day in fact and usually more than once for 9 months now.

As for apologising for the dismissal of Wilkins-why does he have to do that? It has been made clear that there were problems with Wilkins' management (what they were I don't know). The heads of the company decided he had to go, paid him off and let him go.

I sincerely hope that whoever the new manager is he doesn't have a ready made hate mob on his case the first time he makes a mistake simply because he's not Wilkins/Adams/McGhee.

I could only assume your devoted backing of DK was because maybe you are in awe of him after meeting him that's why i asked.
For the record i have never met Knight or Wilkins and i am just basing my neutral view on what i have seen going on with our club and just because Dick has the nod on big decisions it doesn't make him right.
So really we are taking up a similar stance that we are both backing Loyal men to the Albion - it's just my view i am right and you are wrong.

:p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here