Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Wrexham FANS UNITED Scarves Now On Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simster said:
So you have made your mind up to buy this scarf because you read that two people on a message board thought it wasn't very good. Erm, whatever.

I've got to agree with TLB here. What on earth are you talking about? Maybe some people are just a bit BORED of invariably three or four of the top ten threads being related to Wrexham in some way. I've got to admit, I'm one of them - if I ever see a bucket to help their cause I'll stick my lose change in it, but in the end it's THEIR fight. A "fans united" day is one thing, but this has been going since last season.

Come on Simster - leave it out. I have to go to work! :jester: How long have we been badgering other clubs to help with Falmer? More than a season, thats for sure.

Anyway, my last post on the matter.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Great Cornholio said:
I've edited my above post - that sume up my views at the moment. My views were aimed at all needless abuse - Atilla was being Atilla but shouldn't have resorted to base level abuse.

In turn, the abuse aimed at Atilla is amazing and very ill informed. Although I have a slight problem with the "super fan" concept - Hart, Costa, Adams etc,. to attack a man who has done so much to help this club survive is, IMHO, shocking.
I haven't even opened that attilla abuse thread - I've always considered that sort of nonsense beneath me. Shame attilla, the self styled "peepels poet" doesn't have standards himself, as he's shown here. He's clearly a demi god to some on here.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Well it is getting rather silly isn't it?

A bloke from Wrexham has a go at doing something to help his club, much like Attilla and co have done with Tom Hark. He advertises it on another clubs website to get publicity, just like we do everytime we want the world to know our problems and want help. It seems that if we do it it's ok, when someone else does they get flamed!

The scarf may not be the greatest design ever, but I have bought one because I believe in what it stands for. I have also ordered Tom Hark for the same reason. Personally I'm not sure that Tom Hark is a classic pop record that I'll play overand over again, but I do believe in supporting ANY half decent initiative to help us get Falmer.

I don't know Attila personally, but it's blatantly obvious that the bloke is dedicated to the one thing that unites us all, the Albion. All this crap about what he wears etc, is just irrelevant bollocks.

No-one has to buy a scarf/record/campaign for the clubs survival if they don't want to, I do however get pissed off by the constant slagging off of people that do their best to achieve some thing for the common good. It's not necessary to be rude and offensive like so many people on NSC are these days. If you don't like something or someone, either keep it to yourself or express your opinion politely. You wouldn't talk to strangers so rudely face to face (I hope) so why do so when you're on a message board?

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
*agreesthattheylookSHIT*

Don't say THAT! It's the thought that counts. The thought apparently being that if you buy these scarves you will be helping Wrexham fans to buy shares in their club.

Hang on a minute......

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Jesus I thought it was a BHA/PHALARSE scarf at first glance! :eek: shame about the colours but they look alright IMO

Still think this whole Love In has gone OTT though, whats next? Umbrellas? Polo Shirts with embroided "Wrexham Loves Brighton"? just let it end please!

Gresford Dragon

Dec 18, 2004
Wrexham
I would just like to take this opportunity to say......

The idea for the scarves initially came as a way of saying thank you to all the Brighton fans who worked so hard to organise the wear red for Wrexham Day. The scarves were just a means of saying that thank you and to show football fans across the country that with 'Fans United' we can actually make a difference.

If you don't like that, then its all well and good but don't criticise people who want to be 'united' in the battle to save football.

Brighton are actually my second club now after the amazing support that we've been given, surely that is a good thing?

oh, and i've bought the Brighton single, not because I like it (i haven't even heard it) but to support you guys.

Rant over.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Gresford Dragon said:
I would just like to take this opportunity to say......

The idea for the scarves initially came as a way of saying thank you to all the Brighton fans who worked so hard to organise the wear red for Wrexham Day. The scarves were just a means of saying that thank you and to show football fans across the country that with 'Fans United' we can actually make a difference.

If you don't like that, then its all well and good but don't criticise people who want to be 'united' in the battle to save football.

Brighton are actually my second club now after the amazing support that we've been given, surely that is a good thing?

oh, and i've bought the Brighton single, not because I like it (i haven't even heard it) but to support you guys.

Rant over.

:clap: :clap:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Gresford Dragon said:
The scarves were just a means of saying thank you and to show football fans across the country that with 'Fans United' we can actually make a difference.

A serious question for you, or for anybody else for that matter:

What material difference did the latest Fans United day make to Wrexham Football Club?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Laughing Bluebird said:
A serious question for you, or for anybody else for that matter:

What material difference did the latest Fans United day make to Wrexham Football Club?

Oh come ON. It may not have made ANY difference but if it keeps people BELIEVING that they can get through their troubles then it's nothing but a GOOD thing. The Fans United day at the Goldstone may not have made much difference MATERIALLY but it kept us going and we've got out the other side.

I do hope, for your sake, that Cardiff never need the help of Albion fans or Wrexham fans or ANY other fans because you might be eating a three course meal of You Own Words followed by Hat with Humble Pie for pudding.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Oh come ON. It may not have made ANY difference but if it keeps people BELIEVING that they can get through their troubles then it's nothing but a GOOD thing. The Fans United day at the Goldstone may not have made much difference MATERIALLY but it kept us going and we've got out the other side.

Steady on. I didn't say it was a BAD thing at all. However, the people involved often talk about how Fans United can actually make a difference (as Gresford Dragon did in his post), but I'm not convinced that Fans United makes any real difference at all.

Maybe I'm totally wrong. Which is why I asked the question.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It's just you are always going on about it, might have gone a bit OTT but our Fans United day DID make a real difference to a lot of people.

Steady on. I didn't say it was a BAD thing at all. However, the people involved often talk about how Fans United can actually make a difference (as Gresford Dragon did in his post), but I'm not convinced that Fans United makes any real difference at all.

Maybe I'm totally wrong. Which is why I asked the question.

Who's to say you're wrong? No one can tell for sure, really, but you're certainly cynical, depressing and Victor Meldrew-like. Thank god back in 1997 they weren't all like you.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
London Irish said:
Who's to say you're wrong? No one can tell for sure, really, but you're certainly cynical, depressing and Victor Meldrew-like. Thank god back in 1997 they weren't all like you.

Why do you accuse me of being cynical? I've never doubted that the intentions of those who involve themselves in Fans United events are honourable. But what I do doubt is the actual effectiveness of these things. And I'm interested to learn where the money that gets raised by Fans United activities eventually ends up.

For instance, a fair sum of money was raised by the Wrexham Fighting Fund and by the Racecourse Fans United day. People such as Biscuit, Turkey, OTLW, Richie Morris, etc, were collecting cash on Wrexham's behalf, and people such as myself were making donations in order to help save Wrexham Football Club and keep the Racecourse Ground from closure.

However, Wrexham have since gone into administration and the club is apparently now in negotiations with a potential new owner. The money that was raised in November has evidently not been used to pay off any of the Inland Revenue bill, which was the original intention of the Fighting Fund, so where has it gone? What will happen to it in the long term?

One of the Wrexham fans yesterday suggested on here that monies currently being raised are likely to be used to secure the Wrexham Supporters Trust a place the club's board at sometime in the future. So is that where the Fighting Fund and Fans United money is going to end up too?

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why do you accuse me of being cynical? I've never doubted that the intentions of those who involve themselves in Fans United events are honourable. But what I do doubt is the actual effectiveness of these things. And I'm interested to learn where the money that gets raised by Fans United activities eventually ends up.

For instance, a fair sum of money was raised by the Wrexham Fighting Fund and by the Racecourse Fans United day. People such as Biscuit, Turkey, OTLW, Richie Morris, etc, were collecting cash on Wrexham's behalf, and people such as myself were making donations in order to help save Wrexham Football Club and keep the Racecourse Ground from closure.

However, Wrexham have since gone into administration and the club is apparently now in negotiations with a potential new owner. The money that was raised in November has evidently not been used to pay off any of the Inland Revenue bill, which was the original intention of the Fighting Fund, so where has it gone? What will happen to it in the long term?

One of the Wrexham fans yesterday suggested on here that monies currently being raised are likely to be used to secure the Wrexham Supporters Trust a place the club's board at sometime in the future. So is that where the Fighting Fund and Fans United money is going to end up too?
To be fair, if you want an answer on where the Wrexham fighting fund money has got to, you're probably better off asking someone on their site. It seems that Chappers is answering a different question to the one you're asking.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Simster said:
To be fair, if you want an answer on where the Wrexham fighting fund money has got to, you're probably better off asking someone on their site. It seems that Chappers is answering a different question to the one you're asking.

Yeah, I do that a lot.

:rolleyes:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

In a previous post you suggested I'd get upset by Crabbers asking when we could have banter again. In this post you've suggested I've raised money for Wrexham. I wasn't upset by Crabbers post and I haven't given Wrexham any money. In fact I've done bugger all. You've done more than me. All I have done is have a day out in Wrexham and show their fans that the football community is thinking fo them and hoping they pull through. Why you constantly link my name with all things Wrexham is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here