Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Brighton waste collection strike….

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
How old are you, 12? What a child's answer. Still haven't provided any evidence to back up your half baked claims of who is dumping all this rubbish. Given you think it's OK to add to the growing piles I think it's highly unlikely you've been visiting Hove tip, you probably don't even know where it is. Oh well you keep being part of the problem, well done you.

Where have I said that I think it’s ok?

Oh and hove tip if I’m heading east towards Brighton on the 270 is a right turn before the Ambulance Station, I was their twice this week [emoji106][emoji6]

You clearly are an angry man so will leave you be x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
for about the millionth time Brighton & Hove had bin strikes under Labour and Tory councils. It's a much bigger issue than what colour the council is

Under the Tories and Labour the strikes were fairly short and sharp and resolved fairly quickly. The last prolonged strike was under the last Green council when they slashed the binmens pay.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Where have I said that I think it’s ok?

Oh and hove tip if I’m heading east towards Brighton on the 270 is a right turn before the Ambulance Station, I was their twice this week [emoji106][emoji6]

You clearly are an angry man so will leave you be x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ah the old, 'you clearly are an angry man' comment to try and get a rise, the response of someone with nothing better to say and you even added a kiss, how sweet of you.

You clearly are a dick so will leave you be xx

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I don't expect everyone without any facility to store their waste to store it indoors but I do think people who have the option to do so should do and that's clearly not happening. The tips are still open people can go there but no that's too much effort, besides according to another poster people that live in flats don't own cars apparently.

Why do you think people who have the option to do so, should store their waste indoors? Wouldn't that become a health hazard?

Wouldn't it be better to do something else with it? Take it to the tip or burn it, for instance?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
besides according to another poster people that live in flats don't own cars apparently.

Where EXACTLY did I say that? Go on Einstein.

I did say that there were lower levels of car ownership in flat land, nowhere did I say none at all.

But you know that already huh?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
My lovely view 20211016_135202.jpg20211016_135643.jpg

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
While out on Saturday, I noticed one of those tourist open top buses doing the rounds, folk on the top deck were taking photos of the rubbish...

The city stinks, and is an embarrassment...

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
While out on Saturday, I noticed one of those tourist open top buses doing the rounds, folk on the top deck were taking photos of the rubbish...

The city stinks, and is an embarrassment...

And within minutes those photos are being shared around the world. Proud of yourselves Brighton & Hove Council and GMB?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I took our rubbish and recycling to the tip this morning. On return, rubbish collection was taking place down my road in Fiveways, so some residential collection is occurring now.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Welcome to the greens world of mess ! If you elect the student Green Party don’t complain when they ruin your city .

i live in Australia , we are a family of 5 , our non recyclable waste is negligible ...40ltrs a fortnight , i'll agree the green council may be pants but also people need to stop being dumb as jerk when it comes to how much rubbish they produce.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
That’ll be welcome.

Bracing myself for a trip to the tip today (the zzzz queue to get in), I’ve got a car boor full of recycling etc.

You're a braver man than me! I burned our waste in an incinerator in the garden, while the footie was on the radio. It seemed to work OK.
As for the recycling, we have an open fire in the front room, so I burn all the paper and cardboard in that.
I squash all the rest - tins, plastic bottles etc, so our recycling bin is not even full.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
You're a braver man than me! I burned our waste in an incinerator in the garden, while the footie was on the radio. It seemed to work OK.
As for the recycling, we have an open fire in the front room, so I burn all the paper and cardboard in that.
I squash all the rest - tins, plastic bottles etc, so our recycling bin is not even full.

Totally agree. It would then create an interesting situation of not needing so many bin men/women/people……..I wonder what GMB’s reaction to that would be

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I took our rubbish and recycling to the tip this morning. On return, rubbish collection was taking place down my road in Fiveways, so some residential collection is occurring now.

On THPP's BBC story link it says some collections will happen between today and Wednesday - after that there's currently another month's worth of strike planned.

Also recycled at the dump today and had a black bag and garden waste bag taken by a private firm for £3 a bag. Not an option for everyone, I grant you but that's probably cost price. A shame you can't keep the receipt and knock it off your council tax bill or have it reimbursed by the GMB.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
On THPP's BBC story link it says some collections will happen between today and Wednesday - after that there's currently another month's worth of strike planned.

Also recycled at the dump today and had a black bag and garden waste bag taken by a private firm for £3 a bag. Not an option for everyone, I grant you but that's probably cost price. A shame you can't keep the receipt and knock it off your council tax bill or have it reimbursed by the GMB.

Bins have been emptied down our street this morning and the recycling site is no longer fenced off, so that's a bit of a reprieve for now

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

The Leader of the Council (Phelim Mac Cafferty) was on BBC Radio Sussex this morning.

He said that if you wanted a refund for non collected rubbish you should email him directly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here