Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Brighton waste collection strike….

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
It has got worse.. they are a shambles of a council and party. If you voted for them, hang your heads in shame!

definitely hasn't got worse in my opinion. Just part of an ongoing cycle

bin strikes just happen every now and again in B+H, regardless of who the council is

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
The day Mark Turner is able to look anyone in the eye will be the day there is cause for optimism.

Mark Turner has a visual impairment, which I assume you are aware of. As much as I don't approve of his tactics, I also don't approve of you making fun of his disability.
I find it completely unacceptable.

Can you please desist? It derails and diminishes any discussion.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It's no bad thing to have a reminder now and again of just what the people working on our behalf deal with for us.

Weve had a pretty huge reminder of that through covid over the last year and a half. Even that didn't seem to do the trick, unfortunately.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Both labour and the tories hold double the seats the greens hold ffs.

EAB3E729-4A07-44FA-9C1D-F445909051FE.png

I’m not blaming the current Greens btw, the industrial disputes at Hollingdean transcend any one particular Administration.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
It's sad that there are so many people bitching and whining about the mountains of waste and litter then go and add their own bags of waste to the growing mountain. Collective stupidity at its worst, instead of double bagging and keeping it in your garden or elsewhere you just continue to dump it in the same place as all the other morons and then moan about it.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Collective stupidity at its worst, instead of double bagging and keeping it in your garden or elsewhere you just continue to dump it in the same place as all the other morons and then moan about it.

You haven’t really thought that comment through have you now.

I’m assuming you’re another who doesn’t actually live in the area?

In the urban area using a typical four storey period terrace house as an example there are probably 4 flats in each of these, only one will have a garden/patio. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
You haven’t really thought that comment through have you now.

I’m assuming you’re another who doesn’t actually live in the area?

In the urban area using a typical four storey period terrace house as an example there are probably 4 flats in each of these, only one will have a garden/patio. [emoji106]

You assume wrong. It doesnt have to be a garden or patio, you can double bag and keep the bloody stuff in your house ffs. The mountains of waste are equally bad all over the city regardless of whether people have gardens, garages, patios etc. People are just selfish stupid twats adding to the waste.

Jul 25, 2021
You assume wrong. It doesnt have to be a garden or patio, you can double bag and keep the bloody stuff in your house ffs. The mountains of waste are equally bad all over the city regardless of whether people have gardens, garages, patios etc. People are just selfish stupid twats adding to the waste.

Problem solved!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

And let me guess, you live in a flat where by now you’re surrounded by 5-6 bags of waste refuse smelling your flat out, I’m right aren’t I you live in a flat and have kept your rubbish indoors ?

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
it's not reasonable to expect people to keep bags and bags of waste in their homes for what could be weeks on end

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Mark Turner has a visual impairment, which I assume you are aware of. As much as I don't approve of his tactics, I also don't approve of you making fun of his disability.
I find it completely unacceptable.

Can you please desist? It derails and diminishes any discussion.

Bollocks - I'll reserve the right to say what I want whilst noting you're concerns. I shall not desist, consider the discussion derailed and diminished!!!

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
And let me guess, you live in a flat where by now you’re surrounded by 5-6 bags of waste refuse smelling your flat out, I’m right aren’t I you live in a flat and have kept your rubbish indoors ?

I appreciate its not a solution or suitable for everyone but those that can could help by not adding to the piles of rotting waste. It's alright to create a health hazard, fire hazard and attract vermin in the streets outside now is it? I've got several bags of rubbish securely bagged in my garage and some other waste In my garden because I'm able ro do that and am not an entitled dick that thinks its someone else's problem if I dump it like all the other mongs. It's like everyone thinks that is the only option because everyone else is doing it, it's lazy and makes you responsible for the problem and you can't tell me otherwise. It'll be the same people stocking up on bog roll and Jerry cans of fuel.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's sad that there are so many people bitching and whining about the mountains of waste and litter then go and add their own bags of waste to the growing mountain. Collective stupidity at its worst, instead of double bagging and keeping it in your garden or elsewhere you just continue to dump it in the same place as all the other morons and then moan about it.

that place would be the designated place for refuse collection.

its the striking drivers at fault here, no one else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here