Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BRiGHTON v ****** The rivalry that baffles football

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
Clearly not a real Palarse fan then...

True Palace fan matey (since 1977), till i die. Good grammer in putting upper case at the start of Palarse. Had to pull one of you lot up on that the other night, t,t,t,t,.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
True Palace fan matey (since 1977), till i die. Good grammer in putting upper case at the start of Palarse. Had to pull one of you lot up on that the other night, t,t,t,t,.

Out of interest, why are you posting on here gorgeous? Banned from the Charlton forums?

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
Out of interest, why are you posting on here gorgeous? Banned from the Charlton forums?

Ironically yes, but strangely i've never posted on one. My mate Selhurst Wonderland comes on here and says the banter is pretty good.

Bit worried about the gorgeous bit, was wondering whether i'd left my webcam on!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Clearly not a real Palarse fan then...
To be fair, they've been on a different planet to us for over TWO decades. :(

If you were Palace, would you really be all that interested in a 3rd division club averaging 6,300 who you play twice every 20 seasons?

Don't worry, it'll all change soon - once we have a better stadium (again), better support and we're kicking their arses all the way around Falmer duck pond. :thumbsup:

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
You don't really, do you?

Evening gayboys.

He obviously didn't do any research on your team as even the most sane person wouldn't want to throw £90M at a club with a small (getting smaller) fanbase and a team going no-where, well hopefully down.[/QUOTE

Been a fan since 1977 have we?
So you will remember your crowds of 4k at Selhurst!

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
Now I've heard it all.

Have you two bozos ever thought about holding hands and taking a trip up to the Irskine Bridge in Glasgow ?

Just a thought

:bigwave:

We're not bollock eaters matey/Marty. Just out of interest, are you the giver or taker, the bitch or butch. Trying to build up a mental picture, like...

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
You don't really, do you?

Evening gayboys.

He obviously didn't do any research on your team as even the most sane person wouldn't want to throw £90M at a club with a small (getting smaller) fanbase and a team going no-where, well hopefully down.[/QUOTE

Been a fan since 1977 have we?
So you will remember your crowds of 4k at Selhurst!

Yes luvvie. Unlike you, i think you'll find that unimportant cup competitions are not the top of our spending list.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire

If you were Palace, would you really be all that interested in a 3rd division club averaging 6,300 who you play twice every 20 seasons?

Don't worry, it'll all change soon - once we have a better stadium (again), better support and we're kicking their arses all the way around Falmer duck pond. :thumbsup:

Undoubtedly. But a true Palarse fan hates Brighton, no matter what division we're in :yahoo:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

just a question on the better support comment, what do you think would persuade people to start watching albion again ? fairly topical question for you really :lol:

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I'm reading Mullery's autobiography at the moment. Here's what he says about the Palace incident:

"Trouble flared with Palace when a controversial penalty incident knocked Brighton out of the FA Cup. I was furious and at the final whistle I remonstrated with the referee. As I walked back down the tunnel, Palace fans spat all over me. I gave them two fingers, then did an awful interview bad-mouthing those supporters and saying I wouldn't give a fiver for any of the Palace players. I could have handled things better but I just totally lost it. It didn't go down too well at Selhurst Park and I knew the fans there still held a grudge".

:bowdown:
Legend.
a good read indeed, although he does come across (understandably IMHO) as rather bitter

rcf0712

Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I remember going to the game we lost 2-1 at smellhurst where we had Mike trusson sent off and 5 penalties in the game:ohmy:
The only game i've seen more aggro than this one was England v Scotland!
Got a late train up an was in a carriage with about 15 hoolies having a go at everyone as we got closer to palarse!
They got in with the palarse during the game and kicked off lol!
Lots of trouble before,during and after the game!
I remember a big skinhead that was surrounded by the scum and he was shouting 'come on then'
I also remember him at the game in Peterborough in the cup where someone had slashed his hand!
I will never forget that game or the name Kelvin Morton as long as I live, one of if not the worst ref I ever saw, and not just in that game...

rcf0712

Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Earlier in 1971, Mullery lifted the League Cup as Tottenham captain after a 2-0 win over Aston Villa at Wembley. A year later, Mullery proudly held aloft the UEFA Cup after a 3-2 aggregate win over Wolverhampton Wanderers. Mullery scored the crucial Spurs goal in the second leg which separated the teams.

Mullery moved back to Fulham afterwards and scored what was later voted the BBC's Goal of the Season with an arching, swiping volley from 25 yards (23 m) during an FA Cup tie against Leicester City in January 1974. A year later, Fulham reached the final (despite being out of the First Division) with Mullery and his old England skipper Bobby Moore in the side, but they lost 2-0 to Moore's old club West Ham United. Mullery was subsequently awarded the MBE for services to professional football.

Senior career1
Years Club App (Gls)*
1958–1964 Fulham 199 0(13)
1964–1972 Tottenham Hotspur 312 0(25)
1972–1976 Fulham 165 0(24)

National team
1964–1971 England 035 00(1) Captain x12

Honours
Tottenham Hotspur
F.A. Cup winner - 1967
League Cup winner - 1971
UEFA Cup winner - 1972
Fulham
FA Cup Finalist

Footballer of the Year 1967
well posted, where's the respect these days for true legends of the game, and don't get me started on how he was f***ed over by the England national team.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here