Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BRiGHTON v ****** The rivalry that baffles football

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Is "vitalfootball" a pseudonym for your fanzine or something? Such biased shite must have either directly or indirectly been supplied by Brighton fans.

Also... Alan Mullery OBE?!?!?! What the f*** did he do to deserve that?

It isn't the best account of our 'friendship' I've ever read, definaltely written by a Brighton supporter....but it gives the youngun's the general drift of things.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Has anyone got an online link to a good quality copy of the press photo showing Alan Mullery giving the fingers to Palarse at Stamford Bridge?

Is "vitalfootball" a pseudonym for your fanzine or something? Such biased shite must have either directly or indirectly been supplied by Brighton fans.

Also... Alan Mullery OBE?!?!?! What the f*** did he do to deserve that?
Earlier in 1971, Mullery lifted the League Cup as Tottenham captain after a 2-0 win over Aston Villa at Wembley. A year later, Mullery proudly held aloft the UEFA Cup after a 3-2 aggregate win over Wolverhampton Wanderers. Mullery scored the crucial Spurs goal in the second leg which separated the teams.

Mullery moved back to Fulham afterwards and scored what was later voted the BBC's Goal of the Season with an arching, swiping volley from 25 yards (23 m) during an FA Cup tie against Leicester City in January 1974. A year later, Fulham reached the final (despite being out of the First Division) with Mullery and his old England skipper Bobby Moore in the side, but they lost 2-0 to Moore's old club West Ham United. Mullery was subsequently awarded the MBE for services to professional football.

Senior career1
Years Club App (Gls)*
1958–1964 Fulham 199 0(13)
1964–1972 Tottenham Hotspur 312 0(25)
1972–1976 Fulham 165 0(24)

National team
1964–1971 England 035 00(1) Captain x12

Honours
Tottenham Hotspur
F.A. Cup winner - 1967
League Cup winner - 1971
UEFA Cup winner - 1972
Fulham
FA Cup Finalist

Footballer of the Year 1967

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
can someone please upload a copy of this? it's avaiable on the internet but my work's firewall is tighter than a mermaid's brazier.

I truly love the rivalry betwixt our 2 clubs.There is an atmosphere to be savoured that is rarely present with other teams we play.
Mullery will always be a hate figure to us,Even now,when i see him plying his 5th rate punditry on a show that couldn't get some 4th rate pundit because he was opening another Tesco Express,I find myself grinding my teeth almost unknowingly whilst this twat is spouting his 5th rate opinion.
As for the 9-0 hammering,I was there on that fateful night.Our fans were magnificent from start to finish.A finish which saw us kept in the ground for over an hour and in which we didn't stop singing.There was even an open letter in The South London Press from dear old thuggish Tommy Smith who praised our fans to the hilt and said that we were the best away fans that he'd ever witnessed at Anfield.This thrashing really was a blessing in disguise.Coppell went out and made Nigel Martyn the world's most expensive keeper and also bough a rock at the back in the shape of Andy Thorne.The rest of that season turned out to be brilliant.We appeared in,and won,the best semi final of an FA cup that you will ever see and a great 1st final.This 9-0 drubbing set us up for our best ever finish in the top flight...3rd.
Anyhoo,back to our rivalry.I have it on very good authority that the 1st 2 of our fa cup games in the 70's were a fix with the 3rd replay being decided fairly.This 'set up' was done to boost both clubs coffers.
So in conclusion,I love our 2 clubs rivalry and Mullery is a ****.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Has anyone got an online link to a good quality copy of the press photo showing Alan Mullery giving the fingers to Palarse at Stamford Bridge?

Mullers = Albion Legend

This picture says it all :

Attachments

• bha2.jpeg
    bha2.jpeg
    36.3 KB · Views: 235

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
i f***ing hate palace

You don't really, do you?

Evening gayboys.

Your small club sidelined to the low leagues, finally levelling out at the end of this season, near the bottom (how apt), or hopefully culminating in relegation will always need a club to dislike. My hatred will always be for the fuckwits at Charlton, a proper South London rivalry not made up by the red top press.
Your poxy little club have always been a minor irritant to me, although i really can't work out why. I suppose subconsciously i hate poofs and as you fellas have the local knowledge/lovers, this maybe the reason why.

For all the littluns' on here, they don't hate us, they dislike us because their bi-sexual dads' or uncles' tell them to. Your real hatred is for your fellow cheappskate (can't afford to live in the City) teams such as Pompey/Southampton or any other pikey/coastal team.

The biggest crowd you are likely to get at Foul mouth will be against us, and that will only happen in a friendly.

Lobby your rich bloke, inform him of the past and get it on. He obviously didn't do any research on your team as even the most sane person wouldn't want to throw £90M at a club with a small (getting smaller) fanbase and a team going no-where, well hopefully down.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Evening gayboys.

Your small club sidelined to the low leagues, finally levelling out at the end of this season, near the bottom (how apt), or hopefully culminating in relegation will always need a club to dislike. My hatred will always be for the fuckwits at Charlton, a proper South London rivalry not made up by the red top press.
Your poxy little club have always been a minor irritant to me, although i really can't work out why. I suppose subconsciously i hate poofs and as you fellas have the local knowledge/lovers, this maybe the reason why.

For all the littluns' on here, they don't hate us, they dislike us because their bi-sexual dads' or uncles' tell them to. Your real hatred is for your fellow cheappskate (can't afford to live in the City) teams such as Pompey/Southampton or any other pikey/coastal team.

The biggest crowd you are likely to get at Foul mouth will be against us, and that will only happen in a friendly.

Lobby your rich bloke, inform him of the past and get it on. He obviously didn't do any research on your team as even the most sane person wouldn't want to throw £90M at a club with a small (getting smaller) fanbase and a team going no-where, well hopefully down.

Oh dear oh dear.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Gay talk sweetie? Did you put a hand on your hip and type with one hand on this post?

Did you have to use the spellcheck? Did you have to open another window in case mummy saw what you were writing instead of doing your homework? If so then come down here lil boy and get b******d!

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003

Evening gayboys.

oooh

I bet you're ever so BIG and HARD

kissy poohs

xxx

:safeway

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I'm reading Mullery's autobiography at the moment. Here's what he says about the Palace incident:

"Trouble flared with Palace when a controversial penalty incident knocked Brighton out of the FA Cup. I was furious and at the final whistle I remonstrated with the referee. As I walked back down the tunnel, Palace fans spat all over me. I gave them two fingers, then did an awful interview bad-mouthing those supporters and saying I wouldn't give a fiver for any of the Palace players. I could have handled things better but I just totally lost it. It didn't go down too well at Selhurst Park and I knew the fans there still held a grudge".

:bowdown:
Legend.

Absolute legend, Mullery. Palace fans spitting?! :US::US::US:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire

Evening gayboys.

Clearly not a real Palarse fan then...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here