Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Liverpool Will be on TV - Wednesday 21st 7.45pm kick off [merged]

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Well what a nightmare this game is.

My partner is Liverpool so it should be a glorious event but we are on a cruise for 10 days.

I hope P&Os finest boat has sky in one of its 20 bars or my sky go works in the middle of the Atlantic.

Its ruined my holiday - I have saved for over a year and then this happens.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
As I said in another thread, this is what players train to do and playing 3 games in the space of 6 days shouldn't be a problem. Even if some players are a bit tired, small rotation of the squad will work a charm. Such as Noone playing in the Liverpool game and LuaLua (or a new signing) to play against Leeds. Same with the strikers. We still have a very good chance of winning all three games with the squad we have and the fitness levels of players today. All that and I haven't even mentioned the fact that Liverpool, Leeds and Crystal Palace all have league games the weekend before the Carling Cup, all have Carling Cup games midweek and ALL have league fixtures the next weekend. :)

The End.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Jesus christ, some people really have got their knickers in a twist. As the scousers would say - calm down calm down.

We have more quality in this squad than ever, in terms of midfielders and forwards Gus could pick two teams out of hat and they would almost always be of equal quality

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
As I said in another thread, this is what players train to do and playing 3 games in the space of 6 days shouldn't be a problem. Even if some players are a bit tired, small rotation of the squad will work a charm. Such as Noone playing in the Liverpool game and LuaLua (or a new signing) to play against Leeds. Same with the strikers. We still have a very good chance of winning all three games with the squad we have and the fitness levels of players today. All that and I haven't even mentioned the fact that Liverpool, Leeds and Crystal Palace all have league games the weekend before the Carling Cup, all have Carling Cup games midweek and ALL have league fixtures the next weekend. :)

The End.

Well said!!!!!

People on here either don't understand the game or just get so wound up when everything isn't all perfect in the way they want it and start shouting the odds like :
I AM NOT GOING TO LIVERPOOL NOW
or
THEY NOW NEED TO MOVE LEEDS
or
RESERVES IT IS THEN

Our squad CAN cope with these fixtures, and not only that they are all HOME games which is a massive boost as no travel days needed!!!!

Come on people this is when supporters are supposed to SUPPORT the club and not unleash a load of moaning rubbish!!!!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Well said!!!!!

People on here either don't understand the game or just get so wound up when everything isn't all perfect in the way they want it and start shouting the odds like :
or
or
RESERVES IT IS THEN

Our squad CAN cope with these fixtures, and not only that they are all HOME games which is a massive boost as no travel days needed!!!!

Come on people this is when supporters are supposed to SUPPORT the club and not unleash a load of moaning rubbish!!!!

Did you see how knackered our players were against Peterborough on Saturday? That was after 120 mins against Sunderland on Tuesday night. Imagine if we had 120 mins against Liverpool on Wednesday and had to play again on the Friday night. Gus will not risk dropping league points so will rotate a lot of players if the schedule stays the same.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well said!!!!!

or
or
RESERVES IT IS THEN

I disagree Poyet will not give a toss about the Liverpool game and Carling Cup and will not risk any important player getting injured, therefore all the stars will be rested. His priority is for the Liverpool's of this World to be a standard game on a Saturday next season in the premiership.

I disagree Poyet will not give a toss about the Liverpool game and Carling Cup and will not risk any important player getting injured, therefore all the stars will be rested. His priority is for the Liverpool's of this World to be a standard game on a Saturday next season in the premiership.

This. Leeds game and it's team selection must take priority over that for what is now a relatively nothing game against Liverpool.

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
Any ideas on how much tickets will be? Hope club don't get too greedy. And I hope we do field a strong side,even with the important league games soon after. Surely players left out will understand & know they'll feature in some capacity within this mad 3 games in 6 days situation we find ourselves in. Whoever plays,you can be bloody sure they'll play their heart out. Exciting times!! ;)

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Sure Poyet will let us know well in advance what type of squad/priority the game will have.
He is pretty honest about these things. Ulike Warnock who blatantly robbed QPR fans by telling his team to lose

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Any ideas on how much tickets will be? Hope club don't get too greedy. And I hope we do field a strong side,even with the important league games soon after. Surely players left out will understand & know they'll feature in some capacity within this mad 3 games in 6 days situation we find ourselves in. Whoever plays,you can be bloody sure they'll play their heart out. Exciting times!! ;)

I am expecting £30-£35. Anything less will be a bonus

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove

Then why did he give a crap against Sunderland?

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
Did you see how knackered our players were against Peterborough on Saturday? That was after 120 mins against Sunderland on Tuesday night. Imagine if we had 120 mins against Liverpool on Wednesday and had to play again on the Friday night. Gus will not risk dropping league points so will rotate a lot of players if the schedule stays the same.

That proves my point that our squad CAN handle th fixtures. Read what I posted. I am not thinking the same 11 players will start both wednesdaay and friday, but if Sunderland midweek and Peterborough weekend proved anything it was our squad can handle the fixtures and win!!!!

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
I hope we go all out for the win. We did against Sunderland. Can't really see Gus wanting our boys to get a good hiding with all to witness it on live tv. Let's keep the winning mentality,i say. Anyway,I'm not too sure we are capable of fielding a poor side at the moment!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
That proves my point that our squad CAN handle th fixtures. Read what I posted. I am not thinking the same 11 players will start both wednesdaay and friday, but if Sunderland midweek and Peterborough weekend proved anything it was our squad can handle the fixtures and win!!!!

Sunderland and Posh are a bit different to Liverpool and Leeds. Sure we have enough players to play out both games but I don't think they would be good enough to win both games, which I thought we may have been able to do had we been able to pick a first XI for both games. If Posh had a decent striker they would have beaten us.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Prices will be standard prices for a game. Same as a non STH for a league game and anyone who went to the Sunderland game. Obviously the match won't be discounted like the Gillingham game.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
Sunderland and Posh are a bit different to Liverpool and Leeds. Sure we have enough players to play out both games but I don't think they would be good enough to win both games, which I thought we may have been able to do had we been able to pick a first XI for both games. If Posh had a decent striker they would have beaten us.

Could say the same about a striker with Sunderland too.

Liverpool will be playing a strong side, so this game will be very difficult, but I think we can beat Leeds. They play the day before us but then after that difficult fixture vs Man Utd they then will have to travel a day in a coach to Brighton which will not be nice for the players. It will be a difficult ask but with the proper rotation Gus will have a squad ready for both!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here