Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Liverpool Will be on TV - Wednesday 21st 7.45pm kick off [merged]

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
to be fair our squads big enough for us to play a slightly weaker team, el-abd and dunk are just as good as each other and barnes has started every game so far so he's hardly a bad "reserve" player...

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
Simple, really. Have both games (liverpool and leeds) wrapped up by half-time so we can rest key players and take it easy in the second halves, then we'll be fresh for the tuesday game v palace.

I like your enthusiasm.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
The problem I see, is the likes of Noone and a good few others are so up for the Liverpool game, they are going to be so pissed off when they learn they are not playing becuase they are first team, and will not be risked with the Leeds game coming up 48 hours later.

I can see Gus having a problem with morale of the regulars he leaves out of the LIverpool game, and make no mistake, he will be leaving quite a few regulars out of it.

Hopefully this wont be a turing point for us

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Palace is THE most important game, ressies v liverpool, 3/4 first team v leeds, and THE BIG GUNS against palace.

I bet the liverpool game dont sell out now. f***ing sky (but thanks for the best part of £500k in the space of 3 days!!)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The problem I see, is the likes of Noone and a good few others are so up for the Liverpool game, they are going to be so pissed off when they learn they are not playing becuase they are first team, and will not be risked with the Leeds game coming up 48 hours later.

I can see Gus having a problem with morale of the regulars he leaves out of the LIverpool game, and make no mistake, he will be leaving quite a few regulars out of it.

Gus to Noone: don't worry about not starting the Liverpool game. I'll bring you on if we're struggling second half. And in any case, the plan is to play Liverpool TWICE next season. That's why Vicente is here.

:thumbsup:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Gus makes it very plain what his priorities are. If he has done it publicly, he would have explained it privately.

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
Palace is THE most important game, ressies v liverpool, 3/4 first team v leeds, and THE BIG GUNS against palace.

I bet the liverpool game dont sell out now. f***ing sky (but thanks for the best part of £500k in the space of 3 days!!)

I feel you may be right. Unless they move the Leeds game. We can but hope.

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Leeds have already sold their full allocation of away tickets and every one of their fans will have made travel/accommodation arrangements. Bit unfair to them if the game is postponed?

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
Us fans should boycott the match to make a point. It's still on TV so club still makes its money. Okay stupid idea!

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
VS LIVERPOOL:

Ankergren

Cook El-Abd Elphick Vincelot

Navarro Sparrow

Noone Buckley Vicente

Hoskins​

VS LEEDS

Ankergren

Calderon Dunk Greer Painter

Bridcutt Dicker

Barnes Harley Lua Lua

CMS​

And that's not including Bergkamp, Caskey, Agdestien, Barker, Brezovan and Taricco

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
Leeds have already sold their full allocation of away tickets and every one of their fans will have made travel/accommodation arrangements. Bit unfair to them if the game is postponed?

Why? Games are cancelled. Hotels can be re-booked. Just look at Spurs v Everton first game of season. Okay major difference for reason for cancellation!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Liverpool:
...............Ankergren
Calde...Greer....Dunk....Painter
Noone...Navarro..Harley...Vicente
........Afobe...Barnes..........

Leeds:
..............Ankergren
Calde...Greer..Dunk....Vincelot
Buckley..Bridcutt..Sparrow..KLL
.........CMS..Hoskins...

Simples.
Centre backs can both cope. Calde is super-fit. Everyone else plays a game each.

Don't see what the fuss is about.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Chaps, get a grip, it was always going to be the Wednesday and Gus will field a strong side against both Leeds and Liverpool, these guys are super fit and will realish the oppportunity to play in these games and trust me, they will be up for all 3 games and YES they can cope with the 3 as they are professional players that LOVE playing football. The Leeds game will not be moved as the league has priority over the cup and the players get an added day off (4 days rest) between the Leeds and Palarse game. Some comments on here are just laughable. Its not a big deal to them trust me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here