Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Liverpool Will be on TV - Wednesday 21st 7.45pm kick off [merged]

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am going to swerve this game now. The league is the priority and Poyet won't give a Rats arse about the Carling Cup or Liverpool at home and will most likely put out a near reserve side now. In view of the fact

1. We will not have many first teamers playing
2. Its on tele anyway
3. Its the best part of £ 40 quid for the ticket and getting there and back
4. I am going to the Leeds game 2 days later

I think we still sell out as the non sth's will take the tickets but I think many sth's will not bother going.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If people's main concern is for the palace game, remember, they will be playing midweek, saturday and then tuesday, so we will have an extra day to recover before we play them. My only concern is the leeds game (have plenty of time between games for the liverpool one, and between leeds and palace).

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We could accomodate the 2 games, on the assumption we sign 2 players today and everyone's fit:

Liverpool Game
G P. Brezovan

LB M. Painter
CB L. Dunk
CB T. Elphick
RB Inigo Calderon

LW C. Noone
CM G. Dicker
CM L. Bridcutt
RW New Flair Winger

CF C. Mackail-Smith
CF New Striker

Subs

R. Vincelot
A. Navarro
J. Smith
M. Poke
R. Bergkamp

Leeds Game

GK C. Ankergren

RB Inigo Calderon
CB G. Greer
CB A. El-Abd
LB M. Taricco

RW W. Buckley
CM M. Sparrow
CM R. Harley
LW K. LuaLua

CF A. Barnes
CF W. Hoskins

Subs
M. Poke
S. Cook
R. Vincelot
New Striker
C Mackail-Smith

Spare
T. Agdestein
R. Bergkamp
G. Barker

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
Why? Games are cancelled. Hotels can be re-booked. Just look at Spurs v Everton first game of season. Okay major difference for reason for cancellation!

Simple - A riot would sort the issue out, best speak to the Whitehawk youths to take one for the team!!!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Liverpool:
...............Ankergren
Calde...Greer....Dunk....Painter
Noone...Navarro..Harley...Vicente
........Afobe...Barnes..........

Leeds:
..............Ankergren
Calde...Greer..Dunk....Vincelot
Buckley..Bridcutt..Sparrow..KLL
.........CMS..Hoskins...

Simples.
Centre backs can both cope. Calde is super-fit. Everyone else plays a game each.

Don't see what the fuss is about.

Similar idea to mine - we have a bigger squad now - and Gus may actually see it as a godsend to allow him to get everyone playing competitive football.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Bloody imagine if it goes into extra time

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
slightly aggrieved with this , now going to have to try and book time off work :( - bloody Premiership Sundays

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Will tickets be reduced due to competition from (and compensation from) sky showing the match and an awareness of the run of games?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Leeds game might still be moved. Seem to recall Plymouth TV game got moved as it didnt make sense.

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
we dont really have a weekened team -out of our 8 or so midfielders, all are decent.

And I suppose with a couple of new players joining today (as speculated) then we do have a pretty strong squad of players. And the Carling Cup allow 7 subs to be named, so we should be able to mix things up a bit.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
as others have said, we have alot of players to give a game, so covering the two games shouldnt be a problem. i can see those sent out against Liverpool would be rested for the Leeds game with a view on the Palarse game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here