Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Marathon - Post Race Thread

justaquickone

Apr 19, 2010
Love it!

Loved the support guys!! I'm the guy in the second picture that was up (with the hottie behind)...never had so many Seagulls chants!! Really got me going...

Finished in 4h 40...seeing as at 19 miles I had officially screwed my ankle up, think it was pretty ok. First marathon too :)

Got a hole in my Brighton top now though because of the pins!! :-(

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
My thoughts as a first time runner.

I thought it was a great day, Seemed like the whole of Brighton where out at times, The only down points for me were the lack of toilets at start, they needed more and the course was too narrow at times plus the shoreham stint. mind numbing.

But 3.21 and im happy.

On a side note, I took my Ipod.... I think there is a place for it. The shoreham part for example but thats the only spot i used it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Kinky, the toilet problem is an issue in every marathon you'll ever run I'm afraid. London was exactly the same!

3:21 - superb time. You must have overtaken me on the run into Shoreham.

Gareth/REMF team - if you are going to sort out charity places, you need to get your arses into gear THIS WEEK. Go to the official site and find out how to buy them.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Kinky, the toilet problem is an issue in every marathon you'll ever run I'm afraid. London was exactly the same!

3:21 - superb time. You must have overtaken me on the run into Shoreham.

Gareth/REMF team - if you are going to sort out charity places, you need to get your arses into gear THIS WEEK. Go to the official site and find out how to buy them.

I think I did, i did keep an eye out for you as i asked your brother at the pier if you had gone past already and you had.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
My thoughts as a first time runner.

I thought it was a great day, Seemed like the whole of Brighton where out at times, The only down points for me were the lack of toilets at start, they needed more and the course was too narrow at times plus the shoreham stint. mind numbing.

But 3.21 and im happy.

On a side note, I took my Ipod.... I think there is a place for it. The shoreham part for example but thats the only spot i used it.

The highlight for me as a spectator was you running past shouting "is Sim ahead of me?" and then upping your pace slightly when I replied "yes, about 2 minutes".

It was a quality day, great to see so many people cheering everyone on. If it does happen again next year I hope they don't try and up the numbers too much, I heard there were about 8000 starters, I reckon they could push it up to about 12000. Any more than that would probably spoil it because of the narrow parts of the course and the fact that there would be too many people down at the seafront and spectating would become a fight for good viewing spots.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
The highlight for me as a spectator was you running past shouting "is Sim ahead of me?" and then upping your pace slightly when I replied "yes, about 2 minutes".

It was a quality day, great to see so many people cheering everyone on. If it does happen again next year I hope they don't try and up the numbers too much, I heard there were about 8000 starters, I reckon they could push it up to about 12000. Any more than that would probably spoil it because of the narrow parts of the course and the fact that there would be too many people down at the seafront and spectating would become a fight for good viewing spots.

They had 1200 places this year, but 4500 didn't start for whatever reason, travel problems or injuries.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Loved the support guys!! I'm the guy in the second picture that was up (with the hottie behind)...never had so many Seagulls chants!! Really got me going...

Finished in 4h 40...seeing as at 19 miles I had officially screwed my ankle up, think it was pretty ok. First marathon too :)

Brilliant effort again mate. Glad I took that picture and then spotted you walking past the Seven Stars.

Welcome to the weird world of NSC :clap::clap::clap:

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
I did it in 3:42!!!

Also disappointing but only myself to blame. I went off too quickly and detiorated at 11.5 miles. SF, you might have seen me at the end - blue vest & shorts - I had to walk the last mile as I twisted my knee at the 25 mile mark, and it cost me 5 or 6 minutes.

A brilliant brilliant day though.

I think I may have see you towards the end. I was on 3.30 pace up until 22 miles when I faded badly but managed 3.37 in the end which considering the heat I was pleased with.
That stretch out to Shoreham and back was terrible. Crowds were fantastic today, loved the bit at halfway where you come back into the crowds by the pier.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

think Ive got a couple of pics of you on my camera, will try and put them on this evening. I was taking pics of the 10 or so people I knew doing it, all the brighton shirts I could see, and people dressed as cows, toilets, scrotums etc

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
think Ive got a couple of pics of you on my camera, will try and put them on this evening. I was taking pics of the 10 or so people I knew doing it, all the brighton shirts I could see, and people dressed as cows, toilets, scrotums etc

Your sexy face motivated me

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
5 Hours and 1 minute. Can't really work that one out as I came in at that time on the big clock and my chip time says I left 6 minutes after the start but still pretty happy for a fat bastard with a dodgy knee.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Sep 8, 2007
6.30 for me. Have to thank Malcolm Stuart for 2 sessions of physio on my achilles to get me to the start line. Ran 14 miles but then had to walk the last 12. Note to self : don't buy new trainers 1 month before the race and then don't break them in gradually !

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
6.30 for me. Have to thank Malcolm Stuart for 2 sessions of physio on my achilles to get me to the start line. Ran 14 miles but then had to walk the last 12. Note to self : don't buy new trainers 1 month before the race and then don't break them in gradually !

Or do break them in gradually. Or don't not break them in gradually.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Was a great occasion and thanks to everyone who cheered us all on, the toughest bit for me was from peace statue top church road and lagoon to the power station.
My first marathon and pleased with my time of 4 hours 8 mins, maybe better next year not sure yet.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I came in at 4.29.50.

It was getting warm before we started so I aimed for 10 miute miles, bearing in mind I'm running london this week and Three Forts the week after, even then I slowed to around 11 min miling for the last 7 miles.

Fantastic support out on the course. The support on the last 4 miles was amazing!

D

Deleted User X18H

Any one else notice Bob Booker stewarding at the end with his Mrs? I had a bit of exausted banter with him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here