Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Marathon - Post Race Thread

Alfie22

Mar 12, 2008
5:27 for me, and the wife. Actually found this one harder than Beachy Head last year due to the heat.

Favourite crowd comment: An old lady sneering half-way up Preston Park Avenue - "Oooh look Mabel, some of them are panting already...tut tut"

D

Deleted User X18H

Blimey there are 27 photos of me on that site I was going very very slowly at some points though.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
5:27 for me, and the wife. Actually found this one harder than Beachy Head last year due to the heat.

Favourite crowd comment: An old lady sneering half-way up Preston Park Avenue - "Oooh look Mabel, some of them are panting already...tut tut"

:laugh:

D

Deleted User X18H

A young girl running next to stopped to a walk almost parallel to the Rotunda Cafe bless her, probably beat me home though.:laugh:

D

Deleted User X18H

7426 08:39:36 Ann Norman Vet Ladies 65+ 1 08:39:34 37.75

1 Records from 1 to 1 of 1

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sully , it was I who mentioned the Kuipers shirt having see your photo on here . 6.40 for me and walking like a ruptured rook today !

So you ended up behind me? I thought I'd last seen you powering off ahead of me just after we spoke!

Saw you huffing up the hill to rottingdean

Remarkably, the photographers managed to catch me 14 times and I'm only walking in 1 of them (at about 22½ miles)! The early walking was designed to save energy for later, but didn't really work!

Also, I note that my chip time has now been amended to a couple of minutes longer. How did they manage that?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Well done all, God knows why you do it but that medal turns ordinary people into extraordinarty ones. There were a fair amount who you'd look at and think "no way".

My lad was one of the last to finish and was the last to cross the start line too. He has run the London twice but has had problems with fitness 7 training for this one. by 10 miles he was struggling and by half way we feared he wouldn't make it.

then my daughter, who was there with her kids, decided she's walk with him and did 13 miles, no training, no sensible shoes, quite remarkable.

I caught up with them in Hove to do some of new church and also the seafront from the KA to the lagoon but my legs are not what they were and I'd already walked from lewes rd to preston park and then down to the seafront.

Once they had passed Shoreham power station, i picked myself up from the lagoon to walk back and 'buddied' so brave lady all the way back to the finish line.

I'd hoped Alex might have caught me up by then but it was a fair time later when he struggled in. A bit sad that those late runners did not get the big fininsh as the PA and big crowds had gone .

I gave a cheer to all the Albion shirts and saw timmy. I was wearing the strips and was also outside the pub, beer in hand, at The Level. i figured standing there with a pint might make me look attractive!

D

Deleted User X18H

Well done all, God knows why you do it but that medal turns ordinary people into extraordinarty ones. There were a fair amount who you'd look at and think "no way".

My lad was one of the last to finish and was the last to cross the start line too. He has run the London twice but has had problems with fitness 7 training for this one. by 10 miles he was struggling and by half way we feared he wouldn't make it.

then my daughter, who was there with her kids, decided she's walk with him and did 13 miles, no training, no sensible shoes, quite remarkable.

I caught up with them in Hove to do some of new church and also the seafront from the KA to the lagoon but my legs are not what they were and I'd already walked from lewes rd to preston park and then down to the seafront.

Once they had passed Shoreham power station, i picked myself up from the lagoon to walk back and 'buddied' so brave lady all the way back to the finish line.

I'd hoped Alex might have caught me up by then but it was a fair time later when he struggled in. A bit sad that those late runners did not get the big fininsh as the PA and big crowds had gone .

I gave a cheer to all the Albion shirts and saw timmy. I was wearing the strips and was also outside the pub, beer in hand, at The Level. i figured standing there with a pint might make me look attractive!
Where did you see me Fred was I running first 15 or hobbling, walking and running a bit last 11? Cheers if you gave me a 'seagulls' shout I got loads really helped.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Where did you see me Fred was I running first 15 or hobbling, walking and running a bit last 11? Cheers if you gave me a 'seagulls' shout I got loads really helped.

Quite a few times but it was by hove lagoon where you were more or less alone and I was sitting against the seafront railings trying to get some life into my legs, & I wasn't even doing the damn thing!

D

Deleted User X18H

Quite a few times but it was by hove lagoon where you were more or less alone and I was sitting against the seafront railings trying to get some life into my legs, & I wasn't even doing the damn thing!

At the Lgoon I was in front of quite a few and behind many.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here