Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton lose bank funding for Falmer, or something similar

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I wonder why I waste so much of my time trawling though some of this stuff! I think the nub of this thread is that some of the funding for the stadium previously thought to be in the form of bank loans is now apparently likely to come from a private investor. That investor is already on the Board, and has been a long-standing Albion supporter. Strikes me as good news!

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
if bhadeb gets on your nerves just stick her on your Ignore list.

Don't be daft Vulture, How could they play at being the big man, if they did that?

adammicheal

Jan 3, 2006
Bensgrandad confidently predicted we were not getting our share of the play off revenue not so long ago.

Can't you give anybody a break obviously bhedeb and Bens Grandad believe what they have been told and their source and are not going to reveal any names so why not just leave it and lets it rest. IN BG case it was a number of years ago so let him relax with his pipe and slippers in front of the fire and look forward to going to Falmer.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Today, 14:23 #1
Quentin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr insider, is there any truth in the recent post about the blooms putting there own money in the stadium, due to problems with funding from banks?

As long as it is funded, who cares who's doing the funding? I can't think of one reason why they should tell us.

IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, OR MINE, OR ANYONE ELSE'S WHO IS NOT A SHAREHOLDER.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
As long as it is funded, who cares who's doing the funding? I can't think of one reason why they should tell us.

IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, OR MINE, OR ANYONE ELSE'S WHO IS NOT A SHAREHOLDER.

Agree i just can't get my head around why people are so interested where or how much the money is? as long as it is built on time i really don't give a flying f*** who funds it.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Agree i just can't get my head around why people are so interested where or how much the money is? as long as it is built on time i really don't give a flying f*** who funds it.

I am interested, but don't think I have a right to know as some seem to.

I could be wrong, but I get the impression that some posters on NSC actually want there to be problems with Falmer so thay can blame certain people at the club.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
I'm slightly concerned that if this and similar stories are to be believed (and that is a humungus if), it suggests that some people within the club are pathologically incapable of keeping themselves from blurting out confidential or sensitive information to every Tom, Dick and Harry every time a drop of alcohol passes their lips.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove

I could be wrong, but I get the impression that some posters on NSC actually want there to be problems with Falmer so thay can blame certain people at the club.

Sad but true.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton

Sadly that seems the case. On a lighter note if the banks don't lend the shareholders can still afford to have the stadium built and then recoup the money as it comes into the club.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I think we need to look at things clearly

a) planning permission has been granted

b) work has actually started.

The club has said that funds are flowing, which is a fact. Perhaps those funds are from a grant (SEEDA) for road widening. But surely, the Council wouldn't allow all that digging for a major road widening scheme only for it not to be needed as the club couldn't proceed with the actual stadium.

Could you imagine the flak that the Council would get from NIMBYs etc about that white elephant of a road. So surely the Council have seen documents about funding. Also the Council wouldn't allow the club to proceed if the club could only confirm that the scheme depends on the banks lending us money which we haven't had agreement on yet. There must be more guarantees of funding than hopeful funding by banks.

I would imagine that funding of all, or nearly all of it will be made by an investor. Maybe a current board member or not.

This maybe why the clubs board is reluctant to go into details of funding. If the banks had agreed funding then they would be shouting it from the rooftops (although not necessarily how much).

Still in the long run, I couldn't care less who funds it, Barclays, Blooms or A N Other as long as it gets built and the signs are good seeing as diggers are already on site.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I have no axe to grind with the club or anyone to do with it & am delighted our stadium is hopefully being built, But I don't understand the head in the sand attitude of some posters. I think after our recent history, it is healthy to want to know the details at every step of the stadium process. I would rather be a pain in the arse & get the truth than blindly follow, only to find I was lied to. Obviously that is not to say anyone is lying.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I have no axe to grind with the club or anyone to do with it & am delighted our stadium is hopefully being built, But I don't understand the head in the sand attitude of some posters. I think after our recent history, it is healthy to want to know the details at every step of the stadium process. I would rather be a pain in the arse & get the truth than blindly follow, only to find I was lied to. Obviously that is not to say anyone is lying.

But it's BEEN explained SO many times... They CANNOT reveal the details of the funding as it will reduce the amount they can expect to make through sponsorship. They are no doubt trying to rank up the bids, it's none of our business. There, I said it. They're holding regular meetings at Hove town hall (no doubt another one when funding is finalised), what more do people want???

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

Why would they lie? What would be the point?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
But it's BEEN explained SO many times... They CANNOT reveal the details of the funding as it will reduce the amount they can expect to make through sponsorship. They are no doubt trying to rank up the bids, it's none of our business. There, I said it. They're holding regular meetings at Hove town hall (no doubt another one when funding is finalised), what more do people want???

Nice use of capitals, Thats me told then:cry:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Why would they lie? What would be the point?

I didn't say they would, I mean I am cautious about it until I see it going up. I don't remember Archer announcing he was going to screw us over.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Nice use of capitals, Thats me told then:cry:

:bigwave:I'm sorry, I'm just getting fed up with this; I wouldn't blame Dick Knight for just saying "screw you all" and walking off. I shall repeat without using capitals. Imagine if the club said they expected to raise £10million through sponsorship. That would be it, they couldn't get any more than that. By keeping it secret, they can keep going to each of the interested companies and asking for more. It's standard procedure, why do people keep questionning it? They obviously can't confirm the exact proportions of the other funding streams, because it will depend how much they manage to secure from sponsorship.

When anyone takes a loan on anything there always has to be an assumption on the part of the lender that the loanee is capable of paying it back. That can of course be backed up by documents from third partie, but presumably the need for a loan is because the money is not there at the commencement of the project. As in anyone's mortagage, its unlikely that you have all the necessary funding for a house purchase in place when you take out a mortgage.

If there wasn't, they would pay cash up front for it

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I didn't say they would, I mean I am cautious about it until I see it going up. I don't remember Archer announcing he was going to screw us over.

1) They haven't got any assets to sell.
2) The directors support the club.
3) They're in the public eye.
4) They don't live in Blackburn.
5) If it wasn't for them the Albion wouldn't exist any more.,
6) They've invested millions of pounds of their own money.
7) No one person has overall control of the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here