Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton lose bank funding for Falmer, or something similar

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
It was obvious due to the credit crunch that our chances of seeing a new stadium within the next few years was slim,when details of who was making the loans was confidential only gave rise to further doubts.The fact that the Blooms have £40 million to spend is news, so why have we been unable to make decent signings to get us out of Div1?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Give us some more FACTS of the same quality, please.
The dodo is alive and well, and living in Hove Park.

WHAT WE NEED IS PICTURES OF STEELWORK

Here's Eric Steele working

Brighton_Hove_Albion.jpg

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
From Insider on Ask the Club, posted an hour ago.

"I can assure you there are NO problems with the funding for the new stadium or any issue with banks or funding partners. The funding plan remains unchanged and is on track. We are now in a position where the legal agreements are on track, the planning permissions are on track and funding is on track. The evidence is the amount of progress we are now making on site"

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

"I can assure you there are NO problems with the funding for the new stadium or any issue with banks or funding partners. The funding plan remains unchanged and is on track. We are now in a position where the legal agreements are on track, the planning permissions are on track and funding is on track. The evidence is the amount of progress we are now making on site"

Which begs the question why has someone felt the need to post another item on Ask the Club on exactly the same issue.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove

economical with the truth in hindsight!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Oh, behave. "I can assure you there are NO problems with the funding for the new stadium...or funding partners." Wassa problem?

Jesus H Christ - why do some people on here think they are entitled to know absolutely every minor detail to do with the running of this club. Of course this is not a minor detail but what did you want the reply to be - yes there is a problem etc. etc. etc. That would have caused wide spread panic and abuse all over the shop.

On top of that, so many idiots decided they knew best about this and other related topics and hurled more abuse and bollocks in the direction of someone who actually knew what they were talking about.

Why can't people just use a bit of common sense and unless they have something sensible to say just keep there mouths (key boards) shut? Yes this is a debating forum but yee God's there are enough idiots on here to fill an asylum the size of Falmer.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Has anyone else been scanning these bounced threads to see if they said anything STUPID at the time ?
I know I have.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Hahaha. I have. But, everything i have said is right.

We did have the funding in place. Does not matter it was plan B. It was there.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have no idea whether the original post is correct or not, but as I have said on here for quite some time it was obvious that the bank funding would be harder to obtain now. The club did not have in it place in October as confirmed by Martin Perry, and would have struggled since. As it is said that the Blooms (or someone else) was putting up £20million towards the stadium it would not be surprising if they have "pledged" to double this in the event of the bank funding not coming through.

Either way with the Blooms or A.N.Other's support the stadium will be built and personally I would be happier if it was a wealthy individual funding it than any of the banks for which no one has any confidence that they will start lending anytime soon.

I hate to be self congratulatory but hey it's rare I am right so what the hell....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
But, and I here what your saying, we DID have it in place. Just plan B.

Yes but I was saying that as well. However the point is me and others kept saying there is no way the banks would lend and we were being laughed at and ridiculed. We were right and as I said in the other thread the only hope we had was if Bloom was going to finance the whole thing himself.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Actually; if true I think I'm rather relieved; given the current economic situation. I just want the bloody thing built and who finances it is rather secondary as far as I'm concerned. The club was never actually going to own the stadium anyway; was it?

Phew. Logical consistency over a period of over 3 months. If only I could manage the same thing at work.

Thank you for bouncing this thread!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here