Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton lose bank funding for Falmer, or something similar

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
"I can assure you there are NO problems with the funding for the new stadium or any issue with banks or funding partners. The funding plan remains unchanged and is on track. We are now in a position where the legal agreements are on track, the planning permissions are on track and funding is on track. The evidence is the amount of progress we are now making on site."

Above is the reply from Insider.

Endof.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I've just had a radical thought!

O.K., this may sound stupid, but let me bounce it off you anyway.

How about, just this once, we trust the club?

There, I told you it was radical.

Tut-tut, don't be daft, just because contractors are busy digging holes doesn't mean anything!!

It is ALL GOING TO GO WRONG!!! IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN!! WE'RE ALL DOOMED!!

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Don't worry. Once Falmer is open and we've started playing games there, you'll still be able to come on here and find plenty of posters who 'attended a function' and can 'reveal that we haven't got a new stadium after all and will soon be moving back to Withdean or groundsharing with Lewes'.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
yes, it was down the back of the sofa.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Insider has now put this matter to bed for the time being.

Not really because he gave a politicians answer. He neither confirmed nor denied the story about the Blooms putting in either theirs or somebody elses money, just said 'funding was on track' how this is achieved is no clearer than it has ever been. Not that it really matters, who or how the stadium is paid for so long as it is built.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Don't worry. Once Falmer is open and we've started playing games there, you'll still be able to come on here and find plenty of posters who 'attended a function' and can 'reveal that we haven't got a new stadium after all and will soon be moving back to Withdean or groundsharing with Lewes'.

A function at the stadium itself presumably.

:falmer:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not really because he gave a politicians answer. He neither confirmed nor denied the story about the Blooms putting in either theirs or somebody elses money, just said 'funding was on track' how this is achieved is no clearer than it has ever been. Not that it really matters, who or how the stadium is paid for so long as it is built.

He did state that "the funding plan remains unchanged". SF's post implied that the original funding plans had failed and so the Blooms were stepping in so in effect he has stated SF was wrong.

I've just had a radical thought!

O.K., this may sound stupid, but let me bounce it off you anyway.

How about, just this once, we trust the club?

There, I told you it was radical.

Because it's much more reliable to believe "some bloke down the pub" or "some unamed source at a function" than believe the people who have planned falmer, drawn up the requirements, fought the court battles, written the contracts and that will ultimately deliver Falmer. Can't believe you've even suggested it :dunce:

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate

He also said the funding plan had not changed. The main thrust of the message that started this thread was that due to problems securing finance the Blooms had stepped in to plug the funding gap. The statement from the insider would seem to refute this, unless the plan was always for the Blooms to invest £40m (and personally I doubt that).

Anyway work has started, and the club say they have no concerns with finance and that is good enough for me, so I am with you on your last sentence.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I seriously wonder where people have been for the last 10 years.:rolleyes:

Neither the B&H Council or the Government would have given planning permission unless the club had categorically proven that there were funds in place to build the stadium.

Lewes & Falmer councils continually tried to question whether funds were available to build the stadium and they were both given proof that there was.

If you're arranging a project of this size and over this period of time, then it's likely that a contingency plan would have been implemented to cover the costs of the project otherwise, it's very likely we wouldn't have even got the planning application past B&H council let alone the government.

People need to have a little more faith in the board on this matter and alot less in idiots who post spurious comment just to draw attention to themselves.:falmer:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
WHAT WE NEED IS PICTURES OF STEELWORK

Mind you, even then the Jonah's on here would refute that it was actually happening :lolol:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I can't believe how disbelieving some of you are :shrug::wozza: Insider has said it in plain english, all some of you are trying to do is "nit pick" the wording, FFS get a life.

Oh, and lets say hypothetically all the funding for Falmer did go tits up for whatever reason, what are you going to do about it ? lend em 30 million :nono: I think not.

So for now why don't you disbelievers just believe, and enjoy the happy thought of Falmer :yahoo:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He also said the funding plan had not changed. The main thrust of the message that started this thread was that due to problems securing finance the Blooms had stepped in to plug the funding gap. The statement from the insider would seem to refute this, unless the plan was always for the Blooms to invest £40m (and personally I doubt that).

Anyway work has started, and the club say they have no concerns with finance and that is good enough for me, so I am with you on your last sentence.

Point taken and agreed but perhaps the plan was for an individual, whoever that may be , to stump up a large amount of his/hers own money, hence the David Gold rumours earlier. A change of investor would not mean a change of plans. Do us on here really expect to know the full ins and outs of the financial plan and who is paying what amount?

What does it matter, the stadium is being built and will not stop halfway through with lack of funds a la Oxford.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
The shock of seeing the new stadium, at long last, will cause every Brighton fan to fall into a deep coma and wake up, like Tyler in Life On Mars, back in time, the time being 1997. Tyler was desperate to escape from 1973 and get back to 2006. We will be desperate to return to 2011.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here