Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove City Council election results

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Bloody trendy Greens. They're nothing more than a pressure group and always will be. Damn them ousting two reds.

D

Deleted User X18H

I'm pretty sure they were opposed to Falmer, but I stand to be corrected.

Looking to the future, my concern is where will they stand should we try to increase capacity?

They were.

And they will.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
So come on then Squid Kid what proposals or polices of the local Green Party candidates excite you so much? Or are you much like many Green voters 'its trendy, alternative and oh so trendy'. Or will that dreadlocked bird down the pub like you more if you vote green.

Tories don't help themselves much

I'm pretty sure they were opposed to Falmer, but I stand to be corrected.

Looking to the future, my concern is where will they stand should we try to increase capacity?

Before you/we get side tracked any further by that fuckwit Hodges, you might like to know that the Green councillors on the planning committee ALL voted for the revised stadium application in 2009.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
So come on then Squid Kid what proposals or polices of the local Green Party candidates excite you so much? Or are you much like many Green voters 'its trendy, alternative and oh so trendy'. Or will that dreadlocked bird down the pub like you more if you vote green.

I actually agree with a lot of their national policies, although not all of them. However on a local level most of their local election manifesto strikes a chord with me, particularly in respect to affordable housing, ethical investments and better recycling/waste collections.

It's all here in black and white if you're interested:

http://www.brightonhovegreens.org/assets/files/localparties/brighton/publications/manifesto/Green_Manifesto_Local_Election_2007.pdf

D

Deleted User X18H

Before you/we get side tracked any further by that fuckwit Hodges, you might like to know that the Green councillors on the planning committee ALL voted for the revised stadium application in 2009.

What a few months before the General Election? Really? Wow!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Handy, this shows gains so far:

tsxqx.jpg

Lush

Mods' Pet
I actually agree with a lot of their national policies, although not all of them. However on a local level most of their local election manifesto strikes a chord with me, particularly in respect to affordable housing, ethical investments and better recycling/waste collections.

http://www.brightonhovegreens.org/assets/files/localparties/brighton/publications/manifesto/Green_Manifesto_Local_Election_2007.pdf

The 'traveller' part of that manifesto is brave, when you're looking for local votes.

D

Deleted User X18H

Nine minutes that took you I'd have thought you'd have come back in seconds.

So what do you think a Green led council would have said to Dick Knight and Martin Perry in 1998/98. f*** Off I expect!

Do you think a Tory led council would have been as supportive as the Labour led one that we had?

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate

Yes, I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that they would be opposed to any capacity increase, particularly as it wouldn't involve any change to the stadium's external appearance. I guess their focus might just be more on sustainable transport methods than other parties.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Blimey, Pat Hawkes and Christine Simpson have lost in Hollingdean and Stanmer - that's a bit of a turn-up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here