Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove City Council election results

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
It's nice of you to announce yourself TLO, but to be honest you've been all over this thread for ages.

Yes, I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that they would be opposed to any capacity increase, particularly as it wouldn't involve any change to the stadium's external appearance. I guess their focus might just be more on sustainable transport methods than other parties.

Surely they'll be OK with an assurance from the club on transport management etc?:smile:

The club's temporary car park application to Lewes DC is an interesting read if you ever have the time, particularly the data set and analysis of potential match day congestion at the A27/university interchange.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Quite. I do not see why they should be part of Brighton when it comes to politics. What's Rottingdean got to do with our city? Why should they be allowed to vote on issues which, in all fairness are irrelevant to them and rarely affect them?

I do not feel I have the right to vote on issues which affect them.

i think the feelings probably mutual you would probably vote to have the pond filled in and turned into a music venue for very average indie bands.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
well from my understanding if its just down to pissing off the tory party (probably would have gone anyway) and a personal issue that does not seem to balance with what i have always been told about her and the respect she has for her efforts for the town. as borne out by this result though the town doesnt want these sort of people any more its in the grip of yet another collective pose this time the chance to show off a bit by voting groovily.

It's far more than that.

As I said, long story - and not just from my missus' point of view.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Was chatting to a Tory candidate in my local a couple of nights ago. He said they expected to gain the three extra seats they needed for an overall majority. I told him to stop being ridiculous and the Greens would be the largest party. He laughed in my face and said he'd buy me a pint if they were. I'm going to enjoy drinking that pint in front of him (especially as he didn't get elected himself).

One interesting thing he told me was that Hove and Brighton are separate Tory branches that hate each other. The leader of the Tory group in the council is chosen depending on which out of Hove and Brighton have provided the most councillors. It currently stands at 14 Tories in Hove, and 12 in Brighton (with the Patcham 3 still to declare). I would LOVE IT if they lost at least a seat in Patcham. He seemed more worried about "those Hove bastards" chosing their leader in council than losing the election.

:drink:

Should be a PINT for every lost seat.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You'd better explain it to me then.

Really? '... political PIGmy...' Shite gag, admittedly, but even someone like you ought to have spotted it.

You are noted on here for your ignorance and malevolence, not to mention your insecurities regarding your own nationality (quite pathetic), so what you're doing commenting on something that you know little about (again) and which has nothing to do with you, Christ alone knows.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Patcham stays Tory.

Final score:

Greens 23 (+10)
Tories 18 (-8)
Labour 13 (no change)

Lib Dem and Lib Dem masquerading as Independent are the other 2 losses.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i think the feelings probably mutual you would probably vote to have the pond filled in and turned into a music venue for very average indie bands.

So why dont we just shake hands and go our seperate ways then? They can concentrate on the major issues affected them, like the 'Rottingdean in Bloom' competition, and we can get on with our city.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here