Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
One of the main criticisms of Rutter by Leeds fans was him giving the ball away (today that lead to a goal).

If he can be coached/encouraged to only take risks further up the pitch he could be a really effective player for us.
My thoughts exactly. The Leeds fans are correct (that's not something I write very often).

Rutter is far more effective further up the pitch, precisely for that reason - the risk of him losing the ball is lower.

He lost the ball in a dangerous area: result, a goal for Spurs.
He won the ball in a dangerous area for Spurs: result, a goal for us.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Feel the same. RDZ was a one off. We should have tried to accommodate him, strengthend in January and allowed him to have some say in signings.

No, no, no, no, no!

We allowed him to have some say signings, and they were shit. We've got where we are with the best recruitment policy in the country, so throwing that away to keep some primadonna happy is not the way forward. It's too early to know whether Fab is the right man to take us forward, but we shouldn't give up our system for a manager who'd leave soon enough anyway.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Minteh and Rutter particularly were superb , like Carlos they get better each game , but our lads really showed guts and will in the 2nd half . We will hear a lot about how Spurs just didn`t show up 2nd half , but that is disingenuous - WE WERE PURE FIGHT and thoroughly deserved to win .

I thought Mitoma had a great 90 minutes, tore Porro inside out, a series of inviting low crosses.

And Spurs fans think Porro is an astonishingly great player.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
Getting the impression that Sky are struggling with getting their priorities right as regards the line-up this afternoon. With Villa v Man Utd as the warm up and Brighton v Spurs as the main the main event they got it exactly right but they seem to be struggling to admit it. Maybe it’s just me.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
A comeback like we witnessed today is a bit of a rarity. Maybe once a season?

We should enjoy it. After a crap first half, to emerge as winners is something to celebrate. Cheers!

A good way to head into the international break.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
MOTD telling lies. I was there for the Man City game.

Didn’t they score their second in the second half?

Foden rinsing White for
Pace and slotting it in the South Stand. Gundogan scored in the North early in the first.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No, no, no, no, no!

We allowed him to have some say signings, and they were shit. We've got where we are with the best recruitment policy in the country, so throwing that away to keep some primadonna happy is not the way forward. It's too early to know whether Fab is the right man to take us forward, but we shouldn't give up our system for a manager who'd leave soon enough anyway.
This.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Didn’t they score their second in the second half?

Foden rinsing White for
Pace and slotting it in the South Stand. Gundogan scored in the North early in the first.
That’s just splitting hairs. We were still 2-0 down. :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here