Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah I mean... nothing is less interesting than hearing the opinions of a manager or player in between clubs. Possibly only worse hearing people like Neville, Keane, Carragher, Shearer and others who don't understand football well enough to work at the highest level. I'm thinking "MOTD" is filled with both those kind of people and that there's nothing to learn from watching it.

Most of them know more about football than you :shrug:

Eastwood

Sep 23, 2024
Echoing so many comments on here, what a 2nd half performance and so many players worthy of mention but giving a quiet shout out to Enciso as well, after wondering where his career with us had been heading really positive to see him come on and put in a shift, worked tirelessly up front running the ball down and when he had a great chance he laid the ball off to Gruda who was in a better position, great to see and have high hopes for him again!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why have people got obsessed with the high line thing? Again, neither goal today was because of the high line.

They could have scored in the first minute because of our high line though, and we look extremely vulnerable because of it. We can't just ignore the frailty on the basis that Spurs fluffed the chance.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Only just realised we played to the 'wrong' ends. Presumably Spurs' choice.

Also, in all the scaring the cat / Mrs Bodian with the winner - don't think I appreciated just how good Welbeck's header was. Brilliant.

We were and oddly the same happened in the last game we came back from 2 goals down. Charlton in 2015 if you were wondering.

PascalGroß Tips

Jan 29, 2024
What a day. just got in from the Amex via a walk in the rain down to the Brighton Dome and a superb gig from Joe Jackson.

Chap across the aisle from me in his Brighton top and others came in who had been to the game first.

It was never in doubt :)

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
What a day. just got in from the Amex via a walk in the rain down to the Brighton Dome and a superb gig from Joe Jackson.

Chap across the aisle from me in his Brighton top and others came in who had been to the game first.

It was never in doubt :)

How was Max Champion?
I'm going to Cambridge on Tuesday.

PascalGroß Tips

Jan 29, 2024
How was Max Champion?
It was amazing. I listened to the album a couple of times before going and thought OK, go with it. It's proper music hall stuff ... amazing 9 piece band + Joe Jackson. Great intros from JJ re back story and what the songs are about etc. Just like being at the theatre.

Some people left early - maybe not knowing what they were going to get. They missed out big time in my view.

I saw him on his Jumping Jive tour in Poole in 1981. Not many turned up for that but I loved it. He's a truly great performer.

Enjoy ... I'm sure you will.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It was amazing. I listened to the album a couple of times before going and thought OK, go with it. It's proper music hall stuff ... amazing 9 piece band + Joe Jackson. Great intros from JJ re back story and what the songs are about etc. Just like being at the theatre.

Some people left early - maybe not knowing what they were going to get. They missed out big time in my view.

I saw him on his Jumping Jive tour in Poole. Not many turned up for that but I loved it. He's a truly great performer.

Enjoy ... I'm sure you will.

Have seen his last few tours.
The (fairly) recent Duke Ellington one was really good

PascalGroß Tips

Jan 29, 2024
How was Max Champion?
IMG_2215.jpeg

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Echoing so many comments on here, what a 2nd half performance and so many players worthy of mention but giving a quiet shout out to Enciso as well, after wondering where his career with us had been heading really positive to see him come on and put in a shift, worked tirelessly up front running the ball down and when he had a great chance he laid the ball off to Gruda who was in a better position, great to see and have high hopes for him again!
I think Enciso would have been another victim of RDZ demanding perfection.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here