Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Welbs was interviewed on 6-0-6. He was asked what happened at half time.

He said strong words were said - by 'Milly, Steely and JP'.

Interesting. Love it that the injured and the unpicked stand up as leaders at half time

The manager however spoke about small tweaks to the structure.

I love this club.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thought Wieffer raised it a couple of gears today. Promising.

Composed, he kept our focus to see out the win, Spurs tried to rush him en masse (in front of NS security box) but he played a blinder on repeat. I thought Baleba second half was also quality, he destroyed them in duals.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It isn't though - there were many games last season that the atmosphere was great - including the spurs game last season. Can't believe it sounds so quiet now though considering the way the game's gone

I'm happy to admit that I was completely disillusioned with our tactics at half time, and when we scored our first I didn't even bother standing up. I could only muster a bit of clapping, as it was surely going to be a consolation goal in 4 or 5 - 1 defeat. I celebrated the next two goals a bit more, but I still wasn't prepared to believe we'd win, so I was fairly quiet. When the North started singing '2 nil and you f***ed it up' I thought it was a bit premature. Perhaps others held back their celebrations a bit too?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm happy to admit that I was completely disillusioned with our tactics at half time, and when we scored our first I didn't even bother standing up. I could only muster a bit of clapping, as it was surely going to be a consolation goal in 4 or 5 - 1 defeat. I celebrated the next two goals a bit more, but I still wasn't prepared to believe we'd win, so I was fairly quiet. When the North started singing '2 nil and you f***ed it up' I thought it was a bit premature. Perhaps others held back their celebrations a bit too?

Ditto, I was a grumpy, surprised that we’d got our consolation goal so early. But in shock, did go berserk for the equaliser.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
This game will be a goldmine for the club.

It's not many games that you play so ineffectively, and then correct the mistakes to turn it around like we did.

I hope Fab and his team will be crawling all over the video of this game. What did we do wrong? What did we do right? What lessons can we learn? What issues did we identify?
Big balls and hot blood.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I chuckled when I heard that on the tv.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Great match. We were poor in the first half and Spurs were very good, the 2-0 scoreline was fully justified. Poor defending and poor up front.

Game of two halves... we were very good 2nd half and Spurs poor. Three opportunistic goals. Not sure if we deserved the win or not, but it was great entertainment and I'm buzzing!

I think we should have had a foul for their first goal. The ref gave them a few soft decisions in the first half. So yeah, I think we definitely deserved the win.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I curled up into a ball under my seat, and put a paper bag over my head.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

SkirlieWirlie

Jan 6, 2024
Gallows comments from post 1366 onwards (Welbeck winner). Plus much praise for Mitoma, Baleba and Rutter outclassing their particular players.
https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum...spur-sunday-6th-october-16-30ko.49568/page-69

Hmmm... So, you can turn him from great to mediocre like the last midfielder you raided us for 🤔

Screenshot_2024-10-06-22-09-33-760_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Jesus Ted, do you know any of the rules? You're allowed 5 subs, not 3. You can bring them on in 1, 2 or 3 goes (half time is no different). Exceptions to that are concusion subs, and if a cup game goes to extra time.

Not you as well
Are we being whooshed here?

You can have three occasions during the match to bring on subs - with an additional 'free' opportunity at half-time. So, in effect, half-time 'doesn't count' as an occasion during the match. It's not 'four' opportunities - because if you don't make a change at half-time you can't then use four more occasions, only three.

I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here