Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Are we being whooshed here?

You can have three occasions during the match to bring on subs - with an additional 'free' opportunity at half-time. So, in effect, half-time 'doesn't count' as an occasion during the match. It's not 'four' opportunities - because if you don't make a change at half-time you can't then use four more occasions, only three.

I think.

Yeah that’s right. I was thinking we were being whooshed as well 🤣

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Are we being whooshed here?

Not deliberately, no.

You can have three occasions during the match to bring on subs - with an additional 'free' opportunity at half-time. So, in effect, half-time 'doesn't count' as an occasion during the match. It's not 'four' opportunities - because if you don't make a change at half-time you can't then use four more occasions, only three.

I think it's 3 opportunities max, even if one of them is at half time. But even if you also get 1 at half time, that's not what changes it from 3 subs to 5, that's the case anyway.

PS - you do get free subs after full time, and at half time during extra time.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Not deliberately, no.

I think it's 3 opportunities max, even if one of them is at half time. But even if you also get 1 at half time, that's not what changes it from 3 subs to 5, that's the case anyway.

PS - you do get free subs after full time, and at half time during extra time.

You are allowed 3 substitution windows - that is where you stop the game to make a sub. Half time isn’t counted as one of those windows because the game isn’t being stopped. So if you include half time, you can bring on players upto 4 times.

That doesn’t change the number of subs, you are only allowed 5 across all the windows. That’s only changed if one is a concussion sub.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You are allowed 3 substitution windows - that is where you stop the game to make a sub. Half time isn’t counted as one of those windows because the game isn’t being stopped. So if you include half time, you can bring on players upto 4 times.

That doesn’t change the number of subs, you are only allowed 5 across all the windows. That’s only changed if one is a concussion sub.

Ok thanks. I must be Ted Lasso too.

But even without half-time, you can still make 5 subs.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Only just realised we played to the 'wrong' ends. Presumably Spurs' choice.

Also, in all the scaring the cat / Mrs Bodian with the winner - don't think I appreciated just how good Welbeck's header was. Brilliant.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"Brighton were 1 yard off in the 1st half, Tottenham were 5 off it in the 2nd." - Joe Hart.

Plenty of praise for Welbeck and the impact that Estupinan made when he came on.

Potter talked about the need for "shutting out the ego" but "showing some passion" for the fans in the post-match press conference.

"Getting angry, getting upset is easy...you can't throw your team under the bus."

"When you're winning you're this emotionally intelligent person, and when you're losing, you're angry."

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
No worries, I've saved you the effort. :)
Yeah I mean... nothing is less interesting than hearing the opinions of a manager or player in between clubs. Possibly only worse hearing people like Neville, Keane, Carragher, Shearer and others who don't understand football well enough to work at the highest level. I'm thinking "MOTD" is filled with both those kind of people and that there's nothing to learn from watching it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think Graham Potter for a moment began to talk like he was the Albion manager and then realised.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here