Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
So would I normally.....

I thought last week we could get back in it, but for so much of today's first half it looked like a PL team away to L1 team in the cup for the amount of possession they had, how dominant they were and we rarely got near them.

Which also makes what happened in the second half so baffling. It was a total role reversal.

Looked like the same sides from first half had swapped shirts.

The hunger and desire second half was excellent.
Indeed, and the first half could easily have been 0 - 3....or 2 -2 had we taken our chances and Bart not fluffed a relatively simple save.
That said, I was sure that we would get quite a few chances in the second half - which we did - and just needed to put them away.
Which we did, in fine style. :)
All in all, a great match to watch, methinks.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Oh dear..hope not a bad one with Jpvh being out for a bit as well.
Well, its a hamstring so should be at least a few weeks.
Igor came on and made one of his best Albion performances. Topped it off with a wild stepover feint alone with the ball in the mid-circle when we were 1-2 down. Good stuff.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Had a quick look at the meltdown on fighting cock, and then an arsenal forum for a laugh.

This post on arsenal forum #1170 by Oxeki as he quotes Spurs fan forum as each goal goes in is classic!

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Only watched highlights but really pleased for Minteh and particularly Rutter for his determination. What happened to Webster?
Minteh and Rutter particularly were superb , like Carlos they get better each game , but our lads really showed guts and will in the 2nd half . We will hear a lot about how Spurs just didn`t show up 2nd half , but that is disingenuous - WE WERE PURE FIGHT and thoroughly deserved to win .

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
That second half performance was one of the best for a long time. Rutter showed why he's so highly rated IMO. I really like him. This team is learning a new way and our new signings are also having to learn in a new league and country. Remember, it took Mac Allister, Biss and to some extent Caicedo a year to get up to speed!

borat

Jul 16, 2003
That second half performance was one of the best for a long time. Rutter showed why he's so highly rated IMO. I really like him. This team is learning a new way and our new signings are also having to learn in a new league and country. Remember, it took Mac Allister, Biss and to some extent Caicedo a year to get up to speed!
One of the main criticisms of Rutter by Leeds fans was him giving the ball away (today that lead to a goal).

If he can be coached/encouraged to only take risks further up the pitch he could be a really effective player for us.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not a bad player that Maddison @Herr Tubthumper
:lolol:

Nice one; I do admire self-deprecating humour. Fair play to you, I’d have kept my head down.

Was okay in first half but when his team needed him he went missing. If I was a Spurs fan I’d be angry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here