Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
We also went 0-2 down to Charlton at the Amex in about 2015. Lookman tore us a new one.
Ended up winning 3-2.
That remains in my Top 5 Amex games.

When Hemed's header snuck over the line after they'd saved it initially I lost my f***ing mind.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Maddison looks sad as well 🤣
IMG_0626.jpeg

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Fabian Hurzeler, speaking to Sky Sports:

"The first half it was not a tactical thing that we conceded the two goals."

"It was playing with intense, fulfilling the match-plan with energy - that was the main topic. That is what I had to get back at half-time. It is the job from the players they played an amazing second half and did enough to win."

On confidence within the team:

"I think little bit was missing. Being ruthless is the most important, in the duels we were not ruthless and if you win the personal duels and get the ball into the opponents half you get self confidence - that was the biggest change."

"Tottenham had some moments, but most of the time we controlled transitions."

"I always say 'we have enough quality to always score'. It is always important to learn from the first half."

On attacking players:

"In every team it is important to have individual quality - the four players in front they shouldn't define themselves on individual quality. They should define themselves on how they work for the team."

"I am happy for them - they worked hard and they deserved it."

On Danny Welbeck:

"He is very free. He seems to be young, he is in great shape and he has taken care of himself."

"He is a role model for young players. It is impressive to play in the Premier League with a big age."

"I enjoy working with him, he's a big professional and a lot of young players should see how hard he works and see what is possible in the football career."

On Brighton's impressive comeback:

"In the process it is normal to have bad performances as the process is not linear, it's up-and-down - you have to accept these downs."

"You have to focus on your own quality and that is what I said to the team - focus on the process."

"That is how you react from bad performances."

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
🤣Aged well this post like countless others.

Throwing in the towel when still 45 minutes plus injury laughable by some here
The Rutter and Potter bit aside I'd hardly call that post "throwing in the towel"

The first half was poor. We didn't look like getting back into the game at all.

There's no need to dig people out, after the fact, for pointing out we had been shite.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Danny Welbeck

"It was difficult for anyone to see that coming. In the second half it was about attitude and character. It was about that fighting spirit and we need that from the start. We came out and responded brilliantly."

"A goal early always helps. I think once we came out in the second, as a team we were ready to do a lot better in the second half."

On Rutter:

"I’ve nicknamed Georginio Velcro because it sticks to his feet., When he got to the by-line I knew it was an area he could find and we have a good understanding and luckily I was there to score."

"I wasn’t happy with the first half but I was able to keep going. I’ve got a lot of experience. As you can see, not everyone can come into this league and hit the ground running. I've been in this league since I was young and I’m always available to help the players. I’m on four at the moment and I want more."

The Rutter and Potter bit aside I'd hardly call that post "throwing in the towel"

The first half was poor. We didn't look like getting back into the game at all.

There's no need to dig people out, after the fact, for pointing out we had been shite.
I imagine not 1 single fan was contemplating our 2nd half performance or having faith in us turning it around 2nd half.

Alex BH

Apr 16, 2013
First half bad second half very good. Didn’t see the comeback coming after a poor first half. Mitoma and Pervis back to their best. Baleba getting better and better. Yes we have been bad for large parts of this early season, but when we are good we are very good.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not sure who it was but there was a poster who said he’d decided to stop watching, up there with whoever it was who left Withdean at half time against Leicester (?) and posted on here how shit we were when he got home. We turned that one around and won too :lolol:

At HT today we briefly planned our going home times as it looked like Spurs would continue to accept gifts. We settled on about 3 or 4 down on 75 mins :lolol: .

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
🤣Aged well this post like countless others.

Throwing in the towel when still 45 minutes plus injury laughable by some here
Nobody is throwing in the towel.

You suggest because our second half was good and we won, that also means our first half was good and our defence did well?

Anyone who suggested ar half time we'd been shit defensively for 45 mins is wrong because its 3-2?

Great comeback 👏 but high line of first half, as Chelsea is making us authors of our own downfall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here