Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Even Welbeck was just talking about how poor we were first half, he called it embarrassing. Is he succumbing to doom-laden groupthink as well? Or maybe we all just have functioning eyes?

We still had our chances, regardless of how Welbeck felt about the first half. After all, he should have buried it. In fact, he’s just said exactly that.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
We had two excellent ones that Welbeck failed to put away

Two in a whole half isn’t amazing is it? Anyway my point wasn’t that we had no chances, only that we were awful and the difference between the teams wasn’t just “Not taking our chances” which is what Chicken is causing.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I suggest some will want to delete their earlier posts :lolol:

That was f***ing brilliant. The signs were there last week when Spurs pressing fizzled out against 10 man United in the second half until they scored again late in the game.

The pressing game at the level Spurs used it in the first half, which was fantastic, is not possible over 90 mins

What a brilliant result, I would have settled for a draw in a heartbeat at half time

No. The players were embarrassed by the first half. As ever, honest.

IMG_4763.png

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
It's all about taking your chances. Spurs had 3 chances 1st half and scored twice we had 2 and didn't score. Second half we had 5-6 good chances and scored 3. Spurs had 1 and you know the rest. Well done BHA, great character 2nd half.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Funny old game, football.

I want that second half to be a turning point/springboard/season defining performance in the same way ta5 I've always felt that second half against wolves was for Potter.

That first half was appalling, there was so much wrong with it on and off the ball. On it we struggled to keep the ball for more than three or four passes, our tactic for moving the ball up the pitch consisted of either lumping a ball over the top or having a player try to carry it 50 yards up the pitch. Neither was particularly successful.

Off the ball we...well god knows what we were doing, it was so easy for Spurs to get through us and create great chance after chance.

We didn't look like a team with a plan, no one looked like they knew what they or anyone else was doing/supposed to be doing.

Second half was night and day in its difference. We kept the ball, moved it slickly and intelligently and put Spurs under a huge amount of pressure. I can live with our defensive frailties if we play like that as more good than bad will come of it.

Hopefully that second half will give everyone the confidence and focus on what we can and should be doing.
Spurs pressing in the first half was unbelievable but I knew there was absolutely no way they could keep that up for 90 mins…and they couldn’t

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
It's all about taking your chances. Spurs had 3 chances 1st half and scored twice we had 2 and didn't score. Second half we had 5-6 good chances and scored 3. Spurs had 1 and you know the rest. Well done BHA, great character 2nd half.
Luckily it wasn’t Steele in goal, he would have been absolutely slaughtered on here for the second goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here