Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Mitoma was brilliant today, in both halves. I was doubtful of Rutter prior to this match but he had an excellent game today. Minteh impressed me too!
Stroke of genius from Fabian to play him instead of Georginio today.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
The other difference is that they didn't really have many chances of their own second half. Couple of wild over the bar shots - and one comfortable for Bart (okay - so was the one he let in - but you know what I mean).
Do you think they didn't have many chances for a reason?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hey diddle diddle :ascarf:

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
It really wasn’t.

We’ll have to agree to disagree, Mitoma set up two good chances in the first half, and Bart had a shocker for one of theirs. We should have gone in level, and could have gone in for half time ahead.

I’m afraid you’ve succumbed to the doom laden groupthink that permeates the board immediately prior to every match atm. Like we’re the only team to have ever played a high line.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Get in boys!!!! Great comeback. I’ve given Rutter a lot of stick in recent games but this was his best game yet. 1st half was terrible though and we need to improve in that aspect

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Funny old game, football.

I want that second half to be a turning point/springboard/season defining performance in the same way ta5 I've always felt that second half against wolves was for Potter.

That first half was appalling, there was so much wrong with it on and off the ball. On it we struggled to keep the ball for more than three or four passes, our tactic for moving the ball up the pitch consisted of either lumping a ball over the top or having a player try to carry it 50 yards up the pitch. Neither was particularly successful.

Off the ball we...well god knows what we were doing, it was so easy for Spurs to get through us and create great chance after chance.

We didn't look like a team with a plan, no one looked like they knew what they or anyone else was doing/supposed to be doing.

Second half was night and day in its difference. We kept the ball, moved it slickly and intelligently and put Spurs under a huge amount of pressure. I can live with our defensive frailties if we play like that as more good than bad will come of it.

Hopefully that second half will give everyone the confidence and focus on what we can and should be doing.

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Danny Welbeck

"It is obviously amazing to win the game and get the three points. In the first half we were bitterly disappointed and frustrated - the performance we put in was embarrassing. Nothing we want to be part of, but we showed our character. The attitude was right in the second half we come out and fought."

"We have got to give credit to the senior boys who are not in the pitch the likes, of Steely [Jason Steele] and Milner [James Milner] - they told us the bare minimum is we've got to fight. Everyone is together in this."

"We are wanting to be challenging the establishment like the management touched upon."

On Rutter's assist for his goal:

"I nicknamed him velcro as his touch sticks to him - it was a nice assist."

Georginio Rutter

"We are happy and stayed together like the coach said 'we have to believe'. Today is what we do. We have three points so we're happy."

"What we said at half-time was 'it's not about tactics, it's about fighting'."

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
We’ll have to agree to disagree, Mitoma set up two good chances in the first half, and Bart had a shocker for one of theirs. We should have gone in level, and could have gone in for half time ahead.

I’m afraid you’ve succumbed to the doom laden groupthink that permeates the board immediately prior to every match atm. Like we’re the only team to have ever played a high line.
Why have people got obsessed with the high line thing? Again, neither goal today was because of the high line.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022

Even Welbeck was just talking about how poor we were first half, he called it embarrassing. Is he succumbing to doom-laden groupthink as well? Or maybe we all just have functioning eyes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here