Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The head loss on this place at times is staggering.

I wonder how many of you manage to get through the day without changing your pants a minimum of three times

Welbeck said they was bitterly disappointed and embarrassed by that first half. So fans read the shambles correctly.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Massive massive credit to Welbz.

Missed chances, head never dropped and rallied the team. Great leader
The way he was shouting at Enciso and Gruda to run back after they messed up was fantastic. Then he made a clever foul to break up play. What I love about him is that even when he misses chances, his head never goes down. A true leader on the pitch

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Only watched highlights but really pleased for Minteh and particularly Rutter for his determination. What happened to Webster?
Did his hamstring while making a long pass

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
The oldies - Veltman, Dunk and Welbeck - were top class after half time and lifted the entire team. They knew we had played some cheap chicken shit stuff in the first half, got their stuff together and carried us.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I imagine not 1 single fan was contemplating our 2nd half performance or having faith in us turning it around 2nd half.
I assumed we were going to be thrashed with a damn good thrashing by Miss Thrasher with her thrashing stick.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Very tempted to rename this the “smug hindsight thread”
Sometimes it's needed though. A season is 38 games long and the amount of threads that appear in a match that isn't going well is annoying, mainly because they are from folk who are old enough to know better. I wouldn't form any proper thoughts, not even on the 6th place, until the season is half done. My current positives is that the team creates chances and has goals in it. The worry is that we don't have the pace at the back to keep this high line thingy running. He made a couple of subs today which had me concerned but I immediately corrected my thinking. I'm better at judging the correct length to bowl on a cricket pitch than I am football subs. Some folk do just need to calm down and enjoy the ride. Unless it's an Archer type ruining the club, there really is nowt to get flustered about, it takes the simple contentment away.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Me too, at two goals down I always have hope.Today I was right, last week not so much
So would I normally.....

I thought last week we could get back in it, but for so much of today's first half it looked like a PL team away to L1 team in the cup for the amount of possession they had, how dominant they were and we rarely got near them.

Which also makes what happened in the second half so baffling. It was a total role reversal.

Looked like the same sides from first half had swapped shirts.

The hunger and desire second half was excellent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here