Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Portsmouth *** Official Match Thread ***

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I've watched The Albion since the mid 50s and I can't remember us having such talent trying to get in the 1st team.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

You are so right.

Two Dutch internationals.
One Iranian international.
One Argentinian international.
One Irish international.

Then Premer League stalwarts like Groß, Stephens & Burn plus some brilliant prospects.

A great night’s of footballing entertainment.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Although that team would struggle week in week out in the Premier League , where do you think they would finish in the Championship ?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Spot on night all round, really. Obviously, I was unimpressed with the pudding formation at the start but against 3rd tier opposition we did more than enough. Good performances across the whole pitch tonight. Gyokeres worked very hard up front and took his goal well, but he's still short of being what we need in the league. A Championship loan would do him the world of good.

Molumby is very comfortable and is ready to be playing in our first team I think, very assured and comfortable on the ball with plenty of strength in the tackle and good positional awareness. Switching from right back to central midfield isn't easy but he was solid in both positions.

Bernardo was solid defensively, put in a good cross or two and scored - forget the crazy miss! He at the very least shouldn't be leaving so we maintain our strength in depth at left back/left wing back.

Let's not get carried away, we were playing a League 1 team - but we did exactly what you should do against that type of opposition and it was a thoroughly enjoyable performance.

What sort of side did Pompey put out? 1st team? 2nd team? Bit of both? Key players rested for league?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Portsmouth *** Official Match Thread ***

Tremendous.

Disappointed there were no fans. Theirs should have been kettled, beaten up by the old bill, had water poured on them and made to inhale the smell of piss and dog burgers before being squeezed on a train three carriages too short for the full “losing in that game” experience.

Fair play to Ali J and Steele. If we go down two seasons in a row let’s hope they’re either still here or on loan and we’ll ****ing boss League One.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I must say the shoot on sight policy of the second half is much better than trying to walk the ball into the net. Not sure it'll work as well against an experienced premier league side, but I like it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Take it seriously? With 11 changes? He couldn't have made more.

Edit: I was at the Villa match last season, point taken.

Thanks, I had that exactly in mind. NSC knew that night that GP had handed Villa the tie, when the team sheet was released. Before the bookies reacted, many of us made a killing on generous odds of Villa going through.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Graham Potter on the telly now, sucking air through his teeth like some kind of vacuum pump.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here