Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Portsmouth *** Official Match Thread ***

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"The referee blows his whistle at a deserted AMEX stadium"

FFS people can't you even stay when we're 4-0 up?

palace fans, with their new stand, are going to be all over that.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
For a scratch side, they were really good. Impressive.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Did Pompey put out their first team?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I've watched The Albion since the mid 50s and I can't remember us having such talent trying to get in the 1st team.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Some lovely football tonight , yes against a L1 side but these make shift line ups can struggle , they looked like a slick team tonight even though it was a back up team

Some players put their hands up to start the next match imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I know GP’s made changes, but it’s great to see him take the League Cup seriously and see us score a few goals.

So many wins for the club this evening.

Take it seriously? With 11 changes? He couldn't have made more.

Edit: I was at the Villa match last season, point taken.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Really impressed with Molumby. Playing out of position but showed what a scrapper he is. A real watercarrier. He can be our Dunga.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Well played lads. Portsmouth are a couple leagues below us but it wasnt a full strength Albion side so it was nice to show the difference in class. How times have changed, although head to head we have a good record v Pompey.

D

Deleted member 2719

Good commanding performance.

Strange how all my Pompey supporting mates have gone missing tonight on the text.

Oh, revenge is sweet from a decade ago.:lolol:

Well done to GP and the lads, you have made a very happy WEST WEST SUSSEX tonight. :albion::albion::albion:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Spot on night all round, really. Obviously, I was unimpressed with the pudding formation at the start but against 3rd tier opposition we did more than enough. Good performances across the whole pitch tonight. Gyokeres worked very hard up front and took his goal well, but he's still short of being what we need in the league. A Championship loan would do him the world of good.

Molumby is very comfortable and is ready to be playing in our first team I think, very assured and comfortable on the ball with plenty of strength in the tackle and good positional awareness. Switching from right back to central midfield isn't easy but he was solid in both positions.

Bernardo was solid defensively, put in a good cross or two and scored - forget the crazy miss! He at the very least shouldn't be leaving so we maintain our strength in depth at left back/left wing back.

Let's not get carried away, we were playing a League 1 team - but we did exactly what you should do against that type of opposition and it was a thoroughly enjoyable performance.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ah, Stat, glad you’re here, did you see that save from Jason Steele Curtain....

Yep and I also saw our defence bloody nearly deflect one in past him.

What the feck is wrong with these people.

They must really hate ALL goalkeepers. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here