Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Portsmouth *** Official Match Thread ***

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Deepdale is not a happy hunting ground for Brighton, Let’s hope we can change that next week.

Only been once in the 90s or late 80s can’t remember to be honest, i do recall shortly before we went the big Leyland Daf plant closed down...
All the Brighton fans were singing “There’s only one ford transit”
Probably the oddest chant I’ve heard at a ground, although very funny at the time.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I'm pretty sure Potter's disappeared up his own backside with that selection.

Molumby at right back? Veltman and Burn at CB? Stephens and Propper getting a run out in defensive midfield together, which is good because it will need two of them to protect that defence minded back 4. Then we come to Gross and Mac Allister playing in the same position, in the same spaces as each other which is good for congestion and then Jahanbakhsh played in a role designed not to get anything out of him and finally Gyokeres. Best of luck to him seeing any of the ball.

I'm sure we'll grind out a win because the opposition is so poor, but that team line up really is remarkable.

Edit I forgot to mention, great to see Steele in goal. Why play Sanchez and try to develop him when we've got a man with no future in the game at all to play instead! Developing those youngsters a treat, well done GP!

Molumby at RB for the first 70 was a strange one, the rest worked very well. Valuable minutes for the squad players and senior debuts.

Jahanbaksh was in his best role, where he can produce coming inside as a wide forward rather than an out and out winger.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
As GP said in the post match interview Ali J is improving all the time lets hope that improvement reaches the standards required to warrent a first team starting position as I think most of us can see there is a really good footballer within him plus he comes across as a nice guy who wants to do well for the team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here