Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Maybe it's just rose tinted spectacles, but I'm pretty sure we didn't used to get this excited/upset about the Football Combination pre Amex :p

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
But this wasn’t entirely ‘our second string’ was it?

Dunk,
White,

Burn ... to be fair.
Veltman ? Supposedly a pound shop world beater...

Maupay,
Trossard.

We’re miles off a top ten club. Miles... we’re another two towns down the road ffs.

GP picked a side he thought could win.

Should that worry us?

2 starters from our 1st XI.

No, it shouldn’t worry any rational adult.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Basing that on one game? World cup and multi trophy winner Paul Pogba you mean? And unfortunately for him he was up against an absolute genius talent in Alzate, not Dale Stephens anymore. He is brilliant, one of the best in the world.

Unfortunately for him he’s had really poor managers in his second Utd spell.

Couldn’t do it against Stephens either.

Can’t handle it in the hardest league in the world. Couldn’t do it first time around under Fergie.

Stephane Givarch (?sp) has a World Cup winners medal as well (France 98), means he was in a good team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
So in short, the bed wetters are genuinely upset we’ve lost against Man Utd twice. Oh, and billion euros Chelsea.

What do you guys actually expect? You seem to think we should tonk top 4 teams?

You really need to get a grip.

Agree we weren’t at our best tonight, but it was mostly second string. Your reaction is ludicrous.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Pitiful and predictable limp display. We can't even play a tight game against a bigger side now. Its three goals or more every time....0-3...1-3...0-5...1-3...2-3...0-3...and all at the Amex.20 goals in the last six home games v the big boys. Always excuses about bad luck and how the game changed on small margins etc. Reality is...our new found style plays into their hands. I can see us getting minimal points from our 12 games v big six this season ( and that is virtually a third of the season )
Yep we are getting hammered time and time again by the big boys...

And still potter doesn't do anything about it.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Juan Mata needs to get away from United. He won and delivered the free kick for the goal that forced the pattern of play in the second half, then he scored the goal that settled the tie. Then the two idiots commentating spend the rest of the game going on about how Pogba and Rashford's introduction made all the difference.

Shame to watch Bernardo have a game to forget, poor touches, misplaced passes and then let Van Der Beek go for the second goal. He didn't make a case for himself at a time when we are still rumoured to be after another LWB

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Member how EVERY season people judge a team by their performances in the Carabao Cup and how every season they have no bearing at all on the league?

I member.

Newcastle almost lost to Newport, Wolves lost to Stoke, Leeds lost to Hull, we lost to mega bucks Man United. All in a cup no-one will be able to attend the final of anyway in all likelihood this season. :shrug:

Move on, we've played bloody well in the league games so far and have had a hell of a lot of praise in the media for it.

If we continue how we've started we'll be absolutely fine this season and surely cause a few upsets along the way if we get the rub of the green for once in a game like last Saturday's.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Seems crazy we are conceding so many cheap goals and we have probably the best defensive defender in the whole league out on loan to me. Funny old game, football.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Molumby has looked decent and thought Ali was good when he was on. Not many others to take positives from. Burn, BernaNO, Dunk, White, Veltman,Gykores all poor.

Yup, those 2 not bad, happy to agree. I don't give a monkeys about the Caribou camp, but I do want us to turn up and give it a go.

Tonight was a damp banger. A rolling over. **** that, its a bad habit to get into.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The commentary of that Pogba free kick was laughably poor.

They’re just so desperate to drool all over him. “Majestic” and “work of art” - what the hell? It was a shit free kick going several yards wide until it took a deflection.

Looked like a deflection and then in off the post.

Hardly majestic.

Irritating twats

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
2 starters from our 1st XI.

No, it shouldn’t worry any rational adult.

Our captain and the new Costacurta hmmmmmm sure; its not a drama that two of our key defenders have just been made to look average by an average Man Utd and consequently will be devoid of confidence for the ‘little’ game at the weekend.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
If TB wants to be top 10 he is going to have to open his wallet for a top class striker, it really is that simple

That is true.

Gykores is not the answer. And I doubt Zeqiri will be either this season.

You won't get a la carte shopping in Lidl.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here