Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Yep [emoji23] extra sheets for some of you lot tonight.

My goodness what an overreaction. It seems like some here expect us to be putting Man Utd to the sword, and with our 2nd team (until Maupay and Tross came on).

No it’s not been a great performance admittedly. But it’s Man Utd ffs.

This. Some ridiculous comments on here tonight though I would also say we did actually play quite well for most of the game. No luck again.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
West Brom drew against Chelsea scoring 3
Palace beat a poor Utd team at old Trafford is that perspective enough for you ?

What do you want then Doogie? We played United off the Park Saturday, I'm sure the carabao cup is not high on Potter's list of priorities. How much is their team on the pitch worth compared to ours?
oh, and he got rid of Stephens for you as well :p

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
But this wasn’t entirely ‘our second string’ was it?

Dunk,
White,

Burn ... to be fair.
Veltman ? Supposedly a pound shop world beater...

Maupay,
Trossard.

We’re miles off a top ten club. Miles... we’re another two towns down the road ffs.

Top 10 if we spend the money bottom 6 is us at the present time. Everton in their present form will tear us a new one on Saturday

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Pitiful and predictable limp display. We can't even play a tight game against a bigger side now. Its three goals or more every time....0-3...1-3...0-5...1-3...2-3...0-3...and all at the Amex.20 goals in the last six home games v the big boys. Always excuses about bad luck and how the game changed on small margins etc. Reality is...our new found style plays into their hands. I can see us getting minimal points from our 12 games v big six this season ( and that is virtually a third of the season )

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Dunno about anyone else but to me this doesn't half feel like Brighton of old.

Lil old Albion grateful to be on the same pitch as the great Manchester United.

I'm just cock-a-hoop that we beat Portsmouth.

#twats

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I don't get it. Manchester United reserves are better than Brighton reserves? Surely that's not a shock to anybody. Or were some people starting to think we're a bit better than we are?

A word of warning to those who might be getting a bit carried away:

We will finish somewhere between 14th and 16th this season - that's our level.
We won't be signing that £20m 20 goal a season striker that some people still think is coming.
We'll loose more games than we'll win.
We'll draw more games than we win.
We will probably go out of the FA Cup in the fifth round.

Prepare yourselves for that and anything else is a bonus. The club might be making murmurs of 'being a top ten club', but it won't be happening this season or the next so don't kid yourselves.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Veltman didn’t give me confidence. Dunk had a poor game. Can’t believe Dunk and Burn opening a door in the wall. All a bit disturbing. Mac A has potential but seems a way off just now .AJ was looking decent - shame he was injured.

Trossard gets better - unlucky again.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Dunk,
White,

Burn ... to be fair.

Maupay,
Trossard.

We’re miles off a top ten club. Miles... we’re another two towns down the road ffs.

GP picked a side he thought could win.

Should that worry us?

You’re fretting because we didn’t beat Man Utd?

You expect us to tonk them 3-0?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If TB wants to be top 10 he is going to have to open his wallet for a top class striker, it really is that simple

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They had to bring on the big guns? Hardly.

Rashford and Pogba? Or the England striker and worlds most expensive player. So yes! No overreaction from me - Sat was far more important and disappointing.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Dunk,
White,

Burn ... to be fair.

Maupay,
Trossard.

GP picked a side he thought could win.

Should that worry us?

Not if you have an ounce of common sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here