Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Our captain and the new Costacurta hmmmmmm sure; its not a drama that two of our key defenders have just been made to look average by an average Man Utd and consequently will be devoid of confidence for the ‘little’ game at the weekend.

You want to worry about the whole season because 9 of our 2nd string + our captain + an academy product who has played 3 premier league games lost to Man U?

OK mate.

Apropos of nothing, I recommend Daz for sorting out your sheets in the morning

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
He's done enough of that though. It won't be happening- unless great value presents itself. We have to run with what is there now.

Trossard and AJ are capable of playing that role if needed. I think that may be the next adaption.

You think we are going to score enough goals to stay in this division if Trossard is our Striker? Have you seen his conversion rate?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agree with all of that, and would add:

Mac Allister can add something and ready to step into the first 11 when needed.
Molumby, another youngster ready to compete for PL football and, like Alzate, completely unfazed by quality opposition.
Viktor Gyökeres is not going to trouble PL defences at the moment, time for that Championship loan.
Bernardo has played his last match (duplicated for emphasis).

A genuine question, will Gyokeres make it as a PL starter?

I don’t watch development squad matches.

I thought he had a shocker this evening. Two or three playing at that level, allowed the Manure defence to completely relax.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
West Brom did last weekend. Palace likewise the week before, at their place. Second season in a row too. Still, we’re not as big as these clubs...:albion2:

We've got results against the big teams over the years since we've been in the prem. You do realise most teams of our calibre mostly lose against the top teams but occasionally get a result against the odds, just like us? Apart from seemingly Palace who regularly manage to go away and win, yet still finish somewhere not far from us anyway).

If teams like us regularly took points off the top teams then the gap would be much smaller between top and bottom. Pointing out a couple of surprise results from also-ran teams that will end up on a similar points tally as us over the season is silly. West Brom may have drawn with Chelsea, but I'd bet they'll not win many more points against the top teams this season. Just like the rest of us outside the top 8 or so

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He's done enough of that though. It won't be happening- unless great value presents itself. We have to run with what is there now.

Trossard and AJ are capable of playing that role if needed. I think that may be the next adaption.

I am not complaining, I am bloody loving the way that we are trying to play. but If TB doesn’t give Potter the tools to fulfil what he needs we’ll lose him sooner rather than later imo. If he wants to keep him long term he will need to start backing him with the players he needs.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
This is a B team and when you look at the quality of players, we were not at United’s class. No shame in that when you look at the players on the pitches

Completely agree

My comment wasn’t about tonight in isolation.

It was in direct reference to the point of the aspiration of being a ‘top 10’ side.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I thought he had a shocker this evening. Two or three playing at that level, allowed the Manure defence to completely relax.

Gyorkeres is not good enough, full stop imo :shrug:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Hughton also made us the worst team in the league to watch both home AND away in his final season.

We’ve played wonderful football and outplayed 2 of last season’s top 4 in our 2 home games so far this season. The football we’ve played in those 2 games is light years away from what we had to endure for all of 2018/2019.

Let’s not go here.

The facts are:
-He took us up playing some good football.
- With a bottom 3 budget he kept us in the hardest league in the world for two seasons.

How he did it is immaterial because he did it.

If you didn’t like it, you didn’t need to attend.

Potter has taken us down a different route playing more entertaining, and had a slightly better outcome last season.

It is anticipated that he will do better this year, and the signs are very good so far.

We should be celebrating the current team rather than keep looking back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Couldn’t disagree more. We were well on top in 2nd half til they scored. Negative view of what actually happened because we lost!

And you’ve actually said bringing on the worlds most expensive footballer was hardly bringing on the big guns - madness!

I meant they didn’t need to. They didn’t.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The infighting on NSC is ridiculous.
People are allowed to express disappointment, stop gatekeeping, grow up.

Innit? Nothing every changes.
There's been nothing out of order tonight, it's a decent discussion. Why can't people accept differing views?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
The infighting on NSC is ridiculous.
People are allowed to express disappointment, stop gatekeeping, grow up.

Quite, but equally people are entitled to respond.

It’s hardly gate keeping. This is a discussion forum. If you say something here, people are allowed to reply (and most likely will).

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
If TB wants to be top 10 he is going to have to open his wallet for a top class striker, it really is that simple

Ain't gonna happen.
Top class strikers start at £50m plus. We need to find more goals within the existing squad. Even another 6-8 goals would make a big difference. Maupay needs to be 13-14. Connolly 6-7. Trossard 6-7. More from the CB's. And a few more from midfield.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Like I said, give him a season fighting in the rough and tumble of the Championship.

We'll find out then what he has or hasn't got. But, without wishing to sound harsh, he won't be of any use to us this season in the PL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here