Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Ain't gonna happen.
Top class strikers start at £50m plus. We need to find more goals within the existing squad. Even another 6-8 goals would make a big difference. Maupay needs to be 13-14. Connolly 6-7. Trossard 6-7. More from the CB's. And a few more from midfield.

What if Maupay gets injured? Those numbers above = relegation

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This. Can't be bothered to read any more of his thread (yours is the third post I've read). I can imagine the bedwetting. Some people live 40, 50, 60 years acting like they are newly hatched :shrug:

More good experience. Some decent play. The exact result I predicted in the prediction compo. Onwards and upwards :thumbsup:

Except, Potter looked seriously p’d off with the goals conceded or events leading up to them. Not seen that before with him.

Not the usual philosophical, many positives to take from that. There weren’t really, other than Trossard and Jahanbakhsh were good. Several first teamers such as Dunk, Burn, White played poorly. Defensive work awful, sterile at attacking set pieces.

I’d love to be party to Ashworth/Potter discussions tomorrow.

(I got the 0-3 correct too)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Genuinely worry about some people and their over reactions - we were a superb Henderson save away from getting a well deserved goal having controlled the second half until that point. Very soon we are going to tonk someone

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ain't gonna happen.
Top class strikers start at £50m plus. We need to find more goals within the existing squad. Even another 6-8 goals would make a big difference. Maupay needs to be 13-14. Connolly 6-7. Trossard 6-7. More from the CB's. And a few more from midfield.

I don’t disagree with you and I’m not complaining in any way but if I were Potter I’d be very frustrated and be open to going to a club who would be willing to back me.

He deserves better than we can offer, the guy is a mega manager in the making and big clubs will know that

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I don’t disagree with you and I’m not complaining in any way but if I were Potter I’d be very frustrated and be open to going to a club who would be willing to back me.

He deserves better than we can offer, the guy is a mega manager in the making and big clubs will know that

He is an England manager of the future.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

You can feel the atmosphere around him, other teams and managers seems to love him. I reckon he is off in two seasons at most.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I didn't think the performance was so bad.

I thought most played reasonably well. The negative reactions on here are stemming from an increase I " Expectations " which seem to be going unmanaged.

That level of performance will yield points against lesser Clubs so nothing to be concerned about tonight.

It's great to have a feel good factor within the squad but if you start to overlook the quality that some other teams have then the team could end up going a goal down to teams who the shut up shop and make it difficult to get behind them.

But all in all I thought tonight was an OK performance. They just scored their first 2 goals at crucial stages in the match.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I’ve seen quite a bit of him but he doesn’t stand out. He is still young though.

23 next Birthday, he's not going to make it at PL level, he'd need to be further down the road than he is......

Sure he'll have a decent enough career at a different level or lesser league, but let's be real, he looked completely out of his depth against the likes of Man U.

No Shame in that, but not a solution for us in the PL. We're 2 front line strikers only right now

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I didn't think the performance was so bad.

I thought most played reasonably well. The negative reactions on here are stemming from an increase I " Expectations " which seem to be going unmanaged.

That level of performance will yield points against lesser Clubs so nothing to be concerned about tonight.

It's great to have a feel good factor within the squad but if you start to overlook the quality that some other teams have then the team could end up going a goal down to teams who the shut up shop and make it difficult to get behind them.

But all in all I thought tonight was an OK performance. They just scored their first 2 goals at crucial stages in the match.

We seldom seem to manage wins “against the odds”. It’s the Brighton way :smile:

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
If it wasn't bad enough risking injuries to Dunk and White, GP brought on Maupay and then Trossard. Madness. Shows what I think of this cup competition. Saying that, the 3 games have given insights in to strengths/weaknesses of the second streamers. The likes of Molumby and Sanders were impressive. Bernardo, my word.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here