Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I have never voted Conservative, and i will not vote for a party that does not listen.

So how do those that believe that they are not being listened to bring about a change in Government. You have stated that you and many others will never vote Labour again, and I take it that you will never vote Conservative either. Therefore on the basis that this is repeated by other Labour voters, it could be that where Labour hold seats they may loose many of them to whichever party you are other former Labour voters decided to put your 'x' against.

Thereby the number of seats that Labour have is reduced but the Conservative seats hold up, so that there is less change of a change in Government because the opposition is fragmented, and Labour become just one of 3 or 4 opposition parties which are unable to mount a series voice against the Government given that they probably won't agree on many issues.

So your optimism of being able to vote out the decision makers not that we have our country back is not realised.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
So how do those that believe that they are not being listened to bring about a change in Government. You have stated that you and many others will never vote Labour again, and I take it that you will never vote Conservative either. Therefore on the basis that this is repeated by other Labour voters, it could be that where Labour hold seats they may loose many of them to whichever party you are other former Labour voters decided to put your 'x' against.

Thereby the number of seats that Labour have is reduced but the Conservative seats hold up, so that there is less change of a change in Government because the opposition is fragmented, and Labour become just one of 3 or 4 opposition parties which are unable to mount a series voice against the Government given that they probably won't agree on many issues.

So your optimism of being able to vote out the decision makers not that we have our country back is not realised.

If i do not want to vote for a party i am not going to vote for another party that i don't want to vote for just to get the party that is in government out, if i don't want to vote for them either. I vote at all elections and for the pas19 years have not voted Labour and never voted Tory...why because i do not want to vote for either.
In short, Tories are in and i am not voting for them, and the main opposition is Labour and i am definitely not voting for them

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Well we all can say things we perhaps don't mean and for me UKIP are far too extreme in reality for my vote.....Liberal is a no go.....perhaps what will probably happen is i will become temporarily disillusioned and not vote at all,before eating humble pie and crawling back to Conservatives once May gets things moving in the right direction...

If i do not want to vote for a party i am not going to vote for another party that i don't want to vote for just to get the party that is in government out, if i don't want to vote for them either. I vote at all elections and for the pas19 years have not voted Labour and never voted Tory...why because i do not want to vote for either.
In short, Tories are in and i am not voting for them, and the main opposition is Labour and i am definitely not voting for them

Who have you voted for? Green?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
ive notice soulman make quite a few posts over various threads and on various EU issues as to why he considers it a bad institution and that we should leave because of those issues.
did you not notice his input?
cant you be miffed at the labour party and have strong viewpoints on the EU at the same time?
Apologies. I interpreted post 4989 as Soulman drawing a connection between his disappointment with successive UK governments and his decision to vote Leave in the EU election. In fairness to me, it was so chaotically written that a misunderstanding was always possible. I admire the way you kippers stick together though.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Apologies. I interpreted post 4989 as Soulman drawing a connection between his disappointment with successive UK governments and his decision to vote Leave in the EU election. In fairness to me, it was so chaotically written that a misunderstanding was always possible. I admire the way you kippers stick together though.
Lol. Nice backhanded compliment.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can't you be miffed at the labour party and have strong viewpoints on the EU at the same time?

Of course you can - or maybe I should say we can (s I am one such). The vote in the Labour heartlands was crucial in getting a successful Brexit vote; ergo, there are plenty of Labour voters who are no fans of the EU, and are a bit sick of their favoured party's leaders, and particularly the PLP's, slavish devotion to all things Brussels.
Corbyn may well get voted in again, much to the dismay of the darlings in the PLP. Their best ploy would be to find a rival to Corbyn who would come out and endorse the Brexit project, now that it has become a reality. He (or she) might just pick up an awful lot of those Labour heartland grass roots votes.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Of course you can - or maybe I should say we can (s I am one such). The vote in the Labour heartlands was crucial in getting a successful Brexit vote; ergo, there are plenty of Labour voters who are no fans of the EU, and are a bit sick of their favoured party's leaders, and particularly the PLP's, slavish devotion to all things Brussels.
Corbyn may well get voted in again, much to the dismay of the darlings in the PLP. Their best ploy would be to find a rival to Corbyn who would come out and endorse the Brexit project, now that it has become a reality. He (or she) might just pick up an awful lot of those Labour heartland grass roots votes.
I have to admit that Labour woman Stuart was very impressive. Shame she is in a sorry party.

D

Deleted member 2719

Not been on this thread for a while.

I take it that the remain bunch have accepted it and are now going to start pulling together or they are going to immigrate. ???

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

I take it that the remain bunch have accepted it and are now going to start pulling together or they are going to immigrate. ???

I look forward to the replies on this and well :lolol: good luck

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Immigrate?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here