Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
How the open land border between Northern Ireland and The Republic of Ireland will exist and the CTA in it's current form will work if 'Full border controls to include EU nationals are coming'?

ask yourself how they existed and worked before The EU even existed when the same bilateral agreements existed and were in place long before the Brussels wet dream.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'm pleased the border is definitely, 100%, remaining open between the Irish Republic and Northern Ireland, it doesn't disappoint me in the slightest as I wouldn't want anything to jeopardise the progress made since the days of the troubles.

it was open before the troubles as well

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'll elaborate. Those that backed Remain can hope for one of two things. They can hope that the fence-sitting, greyly competent Theresa May takes over and negotiates with the EU to achieve what they would regard as the best of a very bad job. This is the most likely outcome. The other possibility is that Loathsome wins and Tory rebels do what they are hinting at and bring the government down to force a general election. If this coincided with Corbyn clinging on via his rank and file powerbase then there is every chance - Labour insiders say it is a certainty - that the Labour Party will fracture at the same time. This overall scenario is less likely, but it is possible and could lead to an election fought on the issue of EU membership - which many Remain supporters, including me, would welcome.

I note your statement that my conclusions are untrue.

They/you can hope for the first as you say it is the most likely outcome but that second scenario seemsa bit far fetched and confusing. Which Tory rebels would want to bring down the government and why?

My previous statement was answering the point about which side/person the establishment were backing.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
yep :kiss: an optimistic Brexiteer windbag tho

talking about optimism has anyone else noticed a mood change in the last few days

previously the remain camp post vote were talking about second referendums,general elections and parliament overturning the vote.

apart from a few diehards this rhetoric seems to be dying out as the reality sinks in that we are actually leaving

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
talking about optimism has anyone else noticed a mood change in the last few days

previously the remain camp post vote were talking about second referendums,general elections and parliament overturning the vote.

apart from a few diehards this rhetoric seems to be dying out as the reality sinks in that we are actually leaving

Just need the Government to crack on with things and get the financial sector it's stability and confidence back and imaginary financial effects can make the pound recover....still beats me how it's stronger than a dollar....but 100 years ago the £ was worth 10 dollars....amazing how the immigration effect all so wonderful over that time has dragged it down to today's standards....and yes i am being facetious.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
ask yourself how they existed and worked before The EU even existed when the same bilateral agreements existed and were in place long before the Brussels wet dream.

Indeed it did. I'm pleased it will remain. I just feel a little bit of uncertainty over it when comments like: 'The Irish government will do our utmost in upcoming discussions to maintain the Common Travel Area and minimise any possible disruptions to the flow of people, goods and services between these islands' are made by the Irish Prime Minister, he possibly isn't quite so sure though. Good to know it's staying and full border controls to include EU nationals are coming as well.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-ireland-kenny-idUSKCN0ZA28H

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

More so because all the main players have said there is no chance of a 2nd referendum. The result is democratic and binding. Only the foolhardy cling to the 2nd referendum notion as they are in denial.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Indeed it did. I'm pleased it will remain. I just feel a little bit of uncertainty over it when comments like: 'The Irish government will do our utmost in upcoming discussions to maintain the Common Travel Area and minimise any possible disruptions to the flow of people, goods and services between these islands' are made by the Irish Prime Minister, he possibly isn't quite so sure though. Good to know it's staying and full border controls to include EU nationals are coming as well.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-ireland-kenny-idUSKCN0ZA28H

not sure how you equate the common travel area in ireland as staying as it is post brexit to suddenly include full border controls are coming.....who has proposed this change in the long standing agreement

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
More so because all the main players have said there is no chance of a 2nd referendum. The result is democratic and binding. Only the foolhardy cling to the 2nd referendum notion as they are in denial.

careful chap,dont use the word binding.....there are some people watching every word ready to pounce and call foul.
advisory or instruction are better.

matters not really,you could substitute the word with goblin cock,...it wont change the fact we are leaving

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

The initial shock has died down but the uncertainty still remains and will grow as we dither and people speculate. It will take a long time for the Tories to actually sort themselves out and decide how and when to negotiate the exit, an exit that Parliament will not have time to adequately discuss or vote on given the short time frame. In the meantime the share and currency speculators will pick us off and investment will be put on hold or scrapped. If people's "feelgood factor " further evaporates and they stall on house moves or buying that new car then the spiral continues downward...

Still, hey ho.. At least we have our country back.... or what will remain of it when the smoke clears.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The initial shock has died down but the uncertainty still remains and will grow as we dither and people speculate. It will take a long time for the Tories to actually sort themselves out and decide how and when to negotiate the exit, an exit that Parliament will not have time to adequately discuss or vote on given the short time frame. In the meantime the share and currency speculators will pick us off and investment will be put on hold or scrapped. If people's "feelgood factor " further evaporates and they stall on house moves or buying that new car then the spiral continues downward...

Still, hey ho.. At least we have our country back.... or what will remain of it when the smoke clears.

parliament doesnt need to vote on the exit
whats to vote on?
we are leaving.

demand a vote if you want on deciding if the exit plan meets approval.....if it doesnt meet with approval then back to the drawing board and more years of negotiations.......then another approval vote.....oops didnt agree with that either........more years of negotiations.......and guess what ......another approval vote.
How many decades do you want to draw the exit out to exactly

Time to leave
you lot can always propose rejoining again further down the line

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
They/you can hope for the first as you say it is the most likely outcome but that second scenario seemsa bit far fetched and confusing. Which Tory rebels would want to bring down the government and why?

My previous statement was answering the point about which side/person the establishment were backing.

Can't find a link but Times columnists Finkelstein and Collins (soft Tory and Labour respectively) report speaking to Tory rebels who would be prepared to overturn the Tories' tiny majority if the membership foisted Mother Loathsome on them. They would do this to force an election.

Please don't launch into a long missive about how absolutely disgusting this would be. I am not giving an opinion, although I have one. I am just reporting a possibility. Personally I think that the Tory membership is too canny to vote for the candidate they might really prefer but nothing seems certain at the moment.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13

I don't disagree we are going to leave, well when someone finally gets around to invoking Article 50 but for me it's always been around the rise of the right, not immigration. I don't doubt for a minute that millions, yes millions of people voted on that ticket and i'm going to maintain that I think they have been conned. The big players are falling into place and they represent the extreme right of the Tory party, the media and UKIP. I suppose if your a right wing millionaire then this could be good news but if your working class and think these people will have your best interests at heart I suspect you are in for a massive shock. We'll just have to wait and see.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
but if your working class and think these people will have your best interests at heart I suspect you are in for a massive shock. We'll just have to wait and see.

Does this apply to the unemployed masses in the EU southern regions ?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I but if your working class and think these people will have your best interests at heart I suspect you are in for a massive shock. We'll just have to wait and see.

So are you saying that over the 13 Labour years and just before and since, the "working class" have been looked after. I must have missed it.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Then Conservative have LOST my vote.

Will not vote Labour and see no point in voting for Liberal it really only leaves me two options-

Become disillusioned with the electoral process in this country OR vote for UKIP.

Teresa May has not instilled me with confidence and i see her as another David Cameron

No point voting liberal, but there is in voting UKIP?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here