Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
It looks like May will be running the show with regards to brexit negotiations
what is it she has said makes you believe those that voted brexit will be disappointed with the exit outcome

Arron Banks will be disappointed for a start, he thinks May will drag it out and potentially go for the softer / easier options. Make of that what you will.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
well here is a poll that says you are talking rubbish as usual and that immigration wasnt the most important issue

You must drag out the same image for that poll at least once a day. For the record Lordashcroft polls are not always correct, in fact just prior to the actual vote they were demonstrating how the remain vote would win by a 70/30 split.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It looks like May will be running the show with regards to brexit negotiations
what is it she has said makes you believe those that voted brexit will be disappointed with the exit outcome

Put it this way, before the referendum I didn't think that the exit was going to deliver what people were calling for. Since the referendum nothing i have read has changed my mind, in fact the opposite is true.

i suppose only time will tell.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
"Acess" is not the real question which should be what PRICE do they pay to trade with the EU.
Those that are not part of the EU have tariffs applied to the goods that they are trading. Eben the EEA members have certain tariffs applied on a few goods.
Alternatively thos within the EU also habe to have free movement.
It seems from previous posts in this thread that some leavers believe we will get access to the free market without any additional costs being applied and a complete exit from free movement

i think most people have said we can trade with the EU and not have to subscribe to free movement....which is true for most countries.
free movement is a busted flush for the UK......its finished.....its kaput.
any trade deal we have with the EU will not involve free movement
Full border controls to include EU nationals are coming

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
You must drag out the same image for that poll at least once a day. For the record Lordashcroft polls are not always correct, in fact just prior to the actual vote they were demonstrating how the remain vote would win by a 70/30 split.

I also remember the Ashcroft poll for the Hastings and Rye constituency prior the general election showing Labour would win, as UKIP would take support from the Conservatives. Amber Rudd won with an increased majority.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

How will the good people of Northern Ireland take to border controls on the ground with The Irish Republic, because there will need to be with The Irish Republic being in The EEA and us not. The CTA may pre-date everything else, but with The Republic of Ireland still having free-movement and The UK not, it won't work.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
i think most people have said we can trade with the EU and not have to subscribe to free movement....which is true for most countries.
free movement is a busted flush for the UK......its finished.....its kaput.
any trade deal we have with the EU will not involve free movement

Yes but at what additional cost in respect of tariffs

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
How will the good people of Northern Ireland take to border controls on the ground with The Irish Republic, because there will need to be with The Irish Republic being in The EEA and us not. The CTA may pre-date everything else, but with The Republic of Ireland still having free-movement and The UK not, it won't work.

I suspect you won't get an answer to that question from our resident Brexiter's, it requires some thought :)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Exactly how I read it. If anyone had cared to notice the establishment, be it Tory or media have engaged in a none to subtle effort to make sure May wins. Lose the referendum but make sure their man/woman is in place to secure their best interests.

I find it odd that the sun pushed for the Brexit now they want a remainer in.

Public are being played as normal

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yes but at what additional cost in respect of tariffs

This is the cost of having no freedom of movement.

Will the government, supported by business, be prepared to pay it?

Watch this space I suppose, can't see it myself.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Arron Banks will be disappointed for a start, he thinks May will drag it out and potentially go for the softer / easier options. Make of that what you will.

Is he important?

second time i think....maybe third.....not sure why how many times is relevant anyway
its a poll that says the vote wasnt solely about immigration.
sorry you dont agree with it

which polls are you looking at that say the voters voted primarily because of immigration?
can i get back to you every day on that?

Put it this way, before the referendum I didn't think that the exit was going to deliver what people were calling for. Since the referendum nothing i have read has changed my mind, in fact the opposite is true.

i suppose only time will tell.

well the referendum was a call to leave
we are leaving......i havnt heard the opposite from anyone credible

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
THE referendum thread (others will be merged with this)

I find it odd that the sun pushed for the Brexit now they want a remainer in.

Public are being played as normal

Murdoch will have worked out a way to use the situation to his advantage. I suspect he had a plan either way (at leAst someone did).

Just make him PM and cut out the middle man.

Dictator, I meant not PM

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
If that were true they would be backing her and running a smear campaign undermining May. The establishment backed Remain and backs May which should tell us where they think their best interests lie.

I'll elaborate. Those that backed Remain can hope for one of two things. They can hope that the fence-sitting, greyly competent Theresa May takes over and negotiates with the EU to achieve what they would regard as the best of a very bad job. This is the most likely outcome. The other possibility is that Loathsome wins and Tory rebels do what they are hinting at and bring the government down to force a general election. If this coincided with Corbyn clinging on via his rank and file powerbase then there is every chance - Labour insiders say it is a certainty - that the Labour Party will fracture at the same time. This overall scenario is less likely, but it is possible and could lead to an election fought on the issue of EU membership - which many Remain supporters, including me, would welcome.

I note your statement that my conclusions are untrue.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Murdoch will have worked out a way to use the situation to his advantage. I suspect he had a plan either way (at leAst someone did).

Just make him PM and cut out the middle man.

Dictator, I meant not PM

As Anthony Hilton said - I once asked Rupert Murdoch why he was so opposed to the European Union. “That’s easy,” he replied. “When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice.”

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Is he important?

second time i think....maybe third.....not sure why how many times is relevant anyway
its a poll that says the vote wasnt solely about immigration.
sorry you dont agree with it

which polls are you looking at that say the voters voted primarily because of immigration?
can i get back to you every day on that?

well the referendum was a call to leave
we are leaving......i havnt heard the opposite from anyone credible

Well that is a fine victory for you, at least you will be happy.

I will continue my wait for the brexiteer with the plan who is going to tell us what happens next.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Of course the Common Travel Area will work its been going on prior to any of us joining the EU,it worked back in the 20`s when thought up and its worked ever since with numerous governments over the decades re-committing to it.
Its one of the crappier versions of project fear to suggest post brexit the governments in question are incapable of somehow working together to continue this arrangement that has nothing to do with the EU.

I suspect you won't get an answer to that question from our resident Brexiter's, it requires some thought :)

sigh

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Well that is a fine victory for you, at least you will be happy.

I will continue my wait for the brexiteer with the plan who is going to tell us what happens next.

im ecstatic
we are leaving the EU

as you said earlier the next stage is now a long waiting game

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

it will work, its not very difficult. what you and so many remainers dont seem to grasp about "free movment" is its not concerning literal movement, its about the rights of citizens in the countries. they are to be treated as if local national citizens, in the case of people/labour this means employment is open to them. you will be able to cross the Irish border but on the other side not be entitled to anything, just a tourist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here