Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It looks like May will be running the show with regards to brexit negotiations
what is it she has said makes you believe those that voted brexit will be disappointed with the exit outcome

From what she is saying in an interview I've just read we won't be disappointed at all. She sounds very positive about the future unlike the doom mongers on here

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'll elaborate. Those that backed Remain can hope for one of two things. They can hope that the fence-sitting, greyly competent Theresa May takes over and negotiates with the EU to achieve what they would regard as the best of a very bad job. This is the most likely outcome. The other possibility is that Loathsome wins and Tory rebels do what they are hinting at and bring the government down to force a general election. If this coincided with Corbyn clinging on via his rank and file powerbase then there is every chance - Labour insiders say it is a certainty - that the Labour Party will fracture at the same time. This overall scenario is less likely, but it is possible and could lead to an election fought on the issue of EU membership - which many Remain supporters, including me, would welcome.

I note your statement that my conclusions are untrue.

:lol:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
From what she is saying in an interview I've just read we won't be disappointed at all. She sounds very positive about the future unlike the doom mongers on here

Would be interested to read it, where was it? Any chance it was online?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Of course the Common Travel Area will work its been going on prior to any of us joining the EU,it worked back in the 20`s when thought up and its worked ever since with numerous governments over the decades re-committing to it.
Its one of the crappier versions of project fear to suggest post brexit the governments in question are incapable of somehow working together to continue this arrangement that has nothing to do with the EU.

How?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Within Europe maybe but the world is are oyster now . We don't need the agreement on 27 other countries. Good times ahead. Try being positive

Exactly.....Always room for improvement..

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Within Europe maybe but the world is are oyster now . We don't need the agreement on 27 other countries. Good times ahead. Try being positive

I meant Australia and UK have extensive trade deals.

We share an extensive economic, trade and investment relationship. We also benefit from strong people-to-people links. There are regular high-level visits in each direction.

from this Australian government website http://dfat.gov.au/geo/united-kingdom/pages/united-kingdom-country-brief.aspx

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
it will work, its not very difficult. what you and so many remainers dont seem to grasp about "free movment" is its not concerning literal movement, its about the rights of citizens in the countries. they are to be treated as if local national citizens, in the case of people/labour this means employment is open to them. you will be able to cross the Irish border but on the other side not be entitled to anything, just a tourist.

So the land border will definitely remain open then. Good to hear, as there did seem to be some concern over that certainty by the Dublin Government and some Brexiters seemed to be suggesting on here that 'Full border controls to include EU nationals are coming'.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
it will work, its not very difficult. what you and so many remainers dont seem to grasp about "free movment" is its not concerning literal movement, its about the rights of citizens in the countries. they are to be treated as if local national citizens, in the case of people/labour this means employment is open to them. you will be able to cross the Irish border but on the other side not be entitled to anything, just a tourist.
That is correct. The government has already assured the people of NI that the border will remain open. Something which I'm sure will disappoint many remainers as there is an prevalent attitude which wants us to fail and for things to become worse just so they can sit in their ivory towers and proclaim, 'I told you so'.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
That is correct. The government has already assured the people of NI that the border will remain open. Something which I'm sure will disappoint many remainers as there is an prevalent attitude which wants us to fail and for things to become worse just so they can sit in their ivory towers and proclaim, 'I told you so'.

I'm pleased the border is definitely, 100%, remaining open between the Irish Republic and Northern Ireland, it doesn't disappoint me in the slightest as I wouldn't want anything to jeopardise the progress made since the days of the troubles.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
it would seem so
you are second in the league with posts

and ive just been called the resident brexiter 60 posts behind you

:shrug:

I did not know that......must get out more :lolol: still worked 51 hours last week plus travelling.....maybe i will stay in as it's raining and post some more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here