Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If that were true they would be backing her and running a smear campaign undermining May. The establishment backed Remain and backs May which should tell us where they think their best interests lie.

I think May is probably the best qualified to be in charge of the gov as it finalises the exit terms, The EU seem quite keen on getting the matter dusted and done, May
will be better than the others at keeping the exit negotiations on track and finalised during the Tory term and before the 2020 election

cant see leadsom winning it,even though personally it would be nice as i got her at 14-1 before she announced she was standing.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If that were true they would be backing her and running a smear campaign undermining May. The establishment backed Remain and backs May which should tell us where they think their best interests lie.
You are David Icke and I CLAIM my five POUNDS.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
No..........you'd lose your five pounds!

....as well as the referendum!

Hilarious.

I didn't lose anything, the country did. Did you win something? Perhaps you could explain what that is. Oh...

David Icke thinks we've won a battle but the war continues (against the Zionist reptiles from space). It's as much sense as anyone else supporting Leave has come out with, including JC's "establishment" conspiracy theory.

PLANE FUEL CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS.

Rejoice in your ignorance.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hilarious.

I didn't lose anything, the country did. Did you win something? Perhaps you could explain what that is. Oh...

David Icke thinks we've won a battle but the war continues (against the Zionist reptiles from space). It's as much sense as anyone else supporting Leave has come out with, including JC's "establishment" conspiracy theory.

PLANE FUEL CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS.

Something bugging you, is it?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Something bugging you, is it?
This is the definition of internet stupidity. Post wind up, get reply, have no answer, say "What's your problem?".

I'm supposed to get angry and engage you in tit for tat insults now. I'm not angry. Night sweetie. [emoji8]

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Do you often feel the need to be ashamed about things for which there is no need for shame at all?

I think that if you ignore the reasons for people making this decision than the whole thing is for naught.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
No..........you'd lose your five pounds!

....as well as the referendum!

There are no individual winners and losers from this referendum. Either the whole country wins or the whole country loses.

If you consider yourself a winner from this could you explain what, at this point, you have won?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
There are no individual winners and losers from this referendum. Either the whole country wins or the whole country loses.

If you consider yourself a winner from this could you explain what, at this point, you have won?

Hilarious.

Its very simple
along with over 17 million other people we have won a vote that instructs the government to Leave The European Union.

it really isnt currently anymore complicated than that.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Its very simple
along with over 17 million other people we have won a vote that instructs the government to Leave The European Union.

it really isnt currently anymore complicated than that.

Fair enough, we will just have to wait to see how that works out.

What do you think will improve as a result of your win?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Fair enough, we will just have to wait to see how that works out.

Yes we will, people will be able to judge the intricate terms of the exit when they have ended and we have left.
Of course if you arnt happy about the way things have panned out you can run a campaign to join again after we have left. I believe the lib dems are planning just this for the future. Good luck with that.

What do you think will improve as a result of your win?

We will be out of The EU.....i believe that is a massive improvement of being in

(see numerous other threads where people have put their arguments forward why its better in or out)

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
So, immigration was apparently the issue that swung it - all those nasty Poles working hard and taking our jobs. Well, now it appears that the leading Brexiteers are desperate for them to stay! What next? We keep the majority of the rules Brussels apparently unfairly imposed on us? (Wait - we'll do that anyway, to maintain access to the Single Market!!)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So, immigration was apparently the issue that swung it - all those nasty Poles working hard and taking our jobs. Well, now it appears that the leading Brexiteers are desperate for them to stay! What next? We keep the majority of the rules Brussels apparently unfairly imposed on us? (Wait - we'll do that anyway, to maintain access to the Single Market!!)

The hardline Brexiteers seem a little sketchy about what they are hoping will actually change now that the vote has been won. Hardly surprising now that the goal posts seem to be moving and the leaders are moving so far away from their pre vote promises that they are disappearing.

Only time will tell if the exit ticks the boxes people were hoping. Need some quality leadership on this one.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

well here is a poll that says you are talking rubbish as usual and that immigration wasnt the most important issue,
http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/how-the-united-kingdom-voted-and-why/#more-14746

Leave-vs-Remain-podium-rankings-768x989.jpg

feel free to post a poll that says immigration swung it, no doubt with your furious rantings you have links to loads of them.

Tell me whilst you are at it, which countries globally do you think currently DO NOT have "access" to trading with countries in the single market.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The hardline Brexiteers seem a little sketchy about what they are hoping will actually change now that the vote has been won. Hardly surprising now that the goal posts seem to be moving and the leaders are moving so far away from their pre vote promises that they are disappearing.

Only time will tell if the exit ticks the boxes people were hoping. Need some quality leadership on this one.

It looks like May will be running the show with regards to brexit negotiations
what is it she has said makes you believe those that voted brexit will be disappointed with the exit outcome

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
well here is a poll that says you are talking rubbish as usual and that immigration wasnt the most important issue,
http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/how-the-united-kingdom-voted-and-why/#more-14746

View attachment 76436

feel free to post a poll that says immigration swung it, no doubt with your furious rantings you have links to loads of them.

Tell me whilst you are at it, which countries globally do you think currently DO NOT have "access" to trading with countries in the single market.

"Acess" is not the real question which should be what PRICE do they pay to trade with the EU.
Those that are not part of the EU have tariffs applied to the goods that they are trading. Eben the EEA members have certain tariffs applied on a few goods.
Alternatively thos within the EU also habe to have free movement.
It seems from previous posts in this thread that some leavers believe we will get access to the free market without any additional costs being applied and a complete exit from free movement

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here