Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
why did you vote?
you are part of the electorate after all
by your own admission you are stupid.

I'm certainly not qualified to make such a huge decision. That's what we pay governments and experts for. And as it turns out I was right, the majority of the Voting public made a stupid choice, the most stupid of all being not to vote

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13

Your not the first person on this forum to resort to personal insults when you feel cornered in a debate and to be honest I think it devalues your point a bit. daveinprague comments on the issues being raised in a public forum, he does not aim personally at you, your family, private life etc.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'm certainly not qualified to make such a huge decision. That's what we pay governments and experts for. And as it turns out I was right, the majority of the Voting public made a stupid choice, the most stupid of all being not to vote

all voters are not stupid just because you admit you are

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Has anyone said the losers aren't allowed to argue their point? It's just a shame arguing the point includes incessant whining, wallowing in self pity/negativity and not recognising the reality that we are leaving the EU.

No everyone is aware that we are leaving the EU. However it seems that anyone who doesnt share your confidence of a rosy future is a whinger and should get in line woth your view or keep quiet.
Strange then a report today says that consumer confidence is at its lowest for 20 years.
No doubt you will say that this has nothing to do with the referendum when it surely does.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Your not the first person on this forum to resort to personal insults when you feel cornered in a debate and to be honest I think it devalues your point a bit. daveinprague comments on the issues being raised in a public forum, he does not aim personally at you, your family, private life etc.

is ok cupid a massive insult then?

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Has anyone said the losers aren't allowed to argue their point? It's just a shame arguing the point includes incessant whining, wallowing in self pity/negativity and not recognising the reality that we are leaving the EU.
So basically they may have an opinion as long as it mirrors yours,this must be the great movement towards democracy the leavers are refering to.... ;)

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You're getting desperate now.
Yes, I believe the majority of the voting public are too stupid to vote on such an important issue. And I was proven correct.

33 million people voted
what majority amount do you figure are too stupid to vote.....

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
The most stark example was Wales where some of the most deprived regions in receipt of massive EU funding voted 70-30 to leave.

Comically A Welsh Assembly representative was then interviewed on the day of the result stating that the Barnes formula would have to be rethought to give Wales a greater share to make up. It didnt seem to occur to them that they had just enabled a right wing goverment to swing further to the right. If you think its unfair that the UK pays more than its share to the EU would the parallels to the Barnes formula not be obvious?

People who misguidedly thought they had nothing to lose were very happy to vote leave e.g. unemployed, retired, Welsh valleys etc all approx 70-30, they may all get a rude awakening.

Misguided or perhaps proud people who rather work for a living rather than have hands me outs just to survive.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It seems to be the remain voters that are actually up for discussing what can be done to fix this mess and debate it like adults and the leave voters who now they have got what they THINK they wanted, seem more than happy to just keep saying over and over "let's wait and see" and anyone that says "hang in, there's some very real problems to resolve right now" gets called a moaner and a sore loser followed by a barrage of swearing a la Rastafarian.

(That's why I think people are stupid).

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It seems to be the remain voters that are actually up for discussing what can be done to fix this mess and debate it like adults and the leave voters who now they have got what they THINK they wanted, seem more than happy to just keep saying over and over "let's wait and see" and anyone that says "hang in, there's some very real problems to resolve right now" gets called a moaner and a sore loser followed by a barrage of swearing a la Rastafarian.

(That's why I think people are stupid).

33 million people voted
what majority amount do you figure are too stupid to vote.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Misguided or perhaps proud people who rather work for a living rather than have hands me outs just to survive.
Or equally had no plans to work and misguidedly thought more freebies might be on offer? Harsh and unfair to some but probably very true with others.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Really!? Really?! This is funding that is used for regeneration projects, training to get people back to work, funding for new business, funding for projects that employ people. Funding for women's shelters, funding to educate people on safe sex, funding to teach poorly educated parents how to keep their children safe from neglect and a use.

Yes. People really are too stupid to vote on matters like this. Shocking ignorance, shocking.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Strange then a report today says that consumer confidence is at its lowest for 20 years.
No doubt you will say that this has nothing to do with the referendum when it surely does.

But nobody, not even the most ardent 'leave' campaigners, said that there wouldn't be at least some price to pay in the short term. On the day after the vote, the FTSE 100 dropped significantly. Lots of 'Remain' supporters pointed to it being the start of our permanent economic collapse. Three days later, it's back above pre-referendum levels and lots of ardent 'Leave' voters say 'I told you so - everything is rosy.' Both these groups were wrong.

The truth is, we're facing a period of uncertainty now as we work out what shape Brexit will take, who will lead the country, how the other EU nations will negotiate with us, and so on. But nobody can predict the long term impact of leaving. There are some significant risks, but some big opportunities too. It's time to focus on grasping those opportunities.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here