Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Correct. Posters quote from many different news.....is it ok that i quote from this one and others quote from opposing news sources.....or must we all quote from the Guardian etc.

Brietbart is not a news website, or quality news source. It doesn't help your arguments if you quote from it. It's written by crazies for crazies.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Unfortunately we have to take the Boris route. Take Brexit as a starting point not an end point. Whatever we end up with will look pretty similar to what we already have, simply without the influence, economic strength or global standing we previously enjoyed. :shrug:

Is Boris still hiding in his shed? What an imbecile

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Just checking in, well done to everyone that voted, no government, no opposition, no hope, hate to say I told you so..

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Unfortunately we have to take the Boris route. Take Brexit as a starting point not an end point. Whatever we end up with will look pretty similar to what we already have, simply without the influence, economic strength or global standing we previously enjoyed. :shrug:

Of course you have to take The Brexit vote as the start point

The other alternative would have been not to have had the referendum at all but go to Brussels first after invoking article 50 and tell them we want to negotiate our leave package thanks. Then after a few years of negotiation just before we sign on the dotted line we say, hold on a bit longer we are going to have a referendum now.

The loons in Brussels would quite rightly believe the mad hatter had come to the tea party with this approach.

Brietbart is not a news website, or quality news source. It doesn't help your arguments if you quote from it. It's written by crazies for crazies.

i guess you only read what you want to hear

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Just checking in, well done to everyone that voted, no government, no opposition, no hope, hate to say I told you so..

nice try
you repeatedly said nothing would change either way by casting your vote.so dont bother

open a newspaper,turn on the TV.......multiple changes are afoot.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Tories about to 'do a labour' and elect Leadbrain as leader (popular vote of the activists, backing the Brexkt candidate). Earn a few quid and back it before the odds shift . . .

Then slash your wrists . . . .

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Its depressing to say so, but yes you were right.

Have to say I'm pretty shocked by it all. We will look back on this moment with incredulity that we allowed it to happen. So needlessly damaging. We look utterly foolish in Europe, Washington and Beijing.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
nice try
you repeatedly said nothing would change either way by casting your vote.so dont bother

open a newspaper,turn on the TV.......multiple changes are afoot.

Yes I'm reading about job losses, companies scaling back investment and the pound sliding towards parity with the dollar. And this is before we pull the trigger by pressing the big red Article 50 button :facepalm:

Some people need to stop watching the BBC.
Staying in the EU will be much more painful in the long term. The status Quo was not on the ballot paper. This institution is dying at a rapid pace.

Some people on here remind me of a relative of mine who was in an abusive relationship with a wealthy partner. He abused her often but bought her gifts and showered her with money. She thought he would change and dreaded leaving the lifestyle. She finally had the courage to leave and spent 3 years living in crappy rented accommodation, no job and no friends left. Now she is a small business owner and absolutely self sufficient. She can't believe she stayed in the marriage for so long.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Have to say I'm pretty shocked by it all. We will look back on this moment with incredulity that we allowed it to happen. So needlessly damaging. We look utterly foolish in Europe, Washington and Beijing.
Will we look back on this as a step forward. Who can say. I just know that you and others seem overjoyed that after 3 weeks you know what will happen. The scaremongering continues and you love it.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yes I'm reading about job losses, companies scaling back investment and the pound sliding towards parity with the dollar. And this is before we pull the trigger by pressing the big red Article 50 button :facepalm:

Oh well,ive been reading some very positive articles about countries desperate to do trade deals with us when we are no longer constrained by the EU,companies expecting their exports to rise and investment funds making billions by betting the way the dollar has fluctuated

You have a bleak negative outlook on the future,you are entitled to this thinking and negative outcomes will save you face to what you have constantly predicted.No doubt you look forward to meltdown.

Yes im a dreamer,but im so excited about the potential we could have trading globally,positive thinking will get this country through any difficult patch more than negative thoughts, your constant gloom is not helpful even if it does give you a warm fuzzy glow

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Oh well,ive been reading some very positive articles about countries desperate to do trade deals with us when we are no longer constrained by the EU,companies expecting their exports to rise and investment funds making billions by betting the way the dollar has fluctuated

You have a bleak negative outlook on the future,you are entitled to this thinking and negative outcomes will save you face to what you have constantly predicted.No doubt you look forward to meltdown.

Yes im a dreamer,but im so excited about the potential we could have trading globally,positive thinking will get this country through any difficult patch more than negative thoughts, your constant gloom is not helpful even if it does give you a warm fuzzy glow
Good uplifting post

D

Deleted member 22389

Will we look back on this as a step forward. Who can say. I just know that you and others seem overjoyed that after 3 weeks you know what will happen. The scaremongering continues and you love it.

If anything Brexit has highlighted everything that is wrong with our economy and is a direct result of what happens when you don't invest in things like manufacturing for your country. I trained as a Mechancial Engineer, Machinist when I left school working on Milling Machines, Surface Grinders, trade and skills that held so much value, but sadly vanished and replaced with Fried Chicken outlets instead. Is it any wonder people up north voted in their droves for Brexit. Only a few have really benefitted from this economy, the rest of us are stuck in neutral.

I feel Brexit is an opportunity now.

Last edited by a moderator:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Good on you and the other youngsters that were vocal but could not be bothered to vote.

Its one of the most astonishing figures of the whole referendum.I thought the young lot would be galvanised into voting across the board and would be the ones to scupper the leave vote.
however they couldnt be bothered in massive numbers to even register.

one thing is for certain they have finished any idea with their not giving a crap any notion that 16 or 17 year olds should be given the vote

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If anything Brexit has highlighted everything that is wrong with our economy and is a direct result of what happens when you don't invest in things like manufacturing for your country. I trained as a Mechancial Engineer when I left school working on Milling Machines, Surface Grinders, trade and skills that have sadly vanished from this country replaced with Fried Chicken outlets. Is it any wonder people up north voted in their droves for Brexit.

this really is spot on,these are real life skills learned by people in communities that benefit from these skills and the employment they bring to local communities,for far too long we have just abandoned these important skills and let them be outsourced elsewhere. this is the fault of successive tory and labour governments pandering to the single market. The big business big corporations that everyone now seems to want to fall over backwards and get rogered by (because they are so trustworthy) dont care a toss about local important skills like this.

the northern vote on brexit was a landmark event......unfortunately i feel there are too many "clever" people from down south who simply dont give a toss

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Its one of the most astonishing figures of the whole referendum.I thought the young lot would be galvanised into voting across the board and would be the ones to scupper the leave vote.
however they couldnt be bothered in massive numbers to even register.

one thing is for certain they have finished any idea with their not giving a crap any notion that 16 or 17 year olds should be given the vote
Maybe if a few banners and a march Involving shouty youngsters outside the polling station and they may have been galvanised to walk down to vote. Still now the vote has not gone their way they can meet and march now.

D

Deleted member 22389

this really is spot on,these are real life skills learned by people in communities that benefit from these skills and the employment they bring to local communities,for far too long we have just abandoned these important skills and let them be outsourced elsewhere. this is the fault of successive tory and labour governments pandering to the single market. The big business big corporations that everyone now seems to want to fall over backwards and get rogered by (because they are so trustworthy) dont care a toss about local important skills like this.

the northern vote on brexit was a landmark event......unfortunately i feel there are too many "clever" people from down south who simply dont give a toss

It is the defeatest attitude we have around manufacturing, that we can no longer compete is what gets on my nerves.
Made in Britain has been turned in to a dirty word.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Good on you and the other youngsters that were vocal but could not be bothered to vote.
Missing the point again soul, it doesn't solve anything

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here