Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

You have obviously been lied to before and are a bit suspicious now, which i suppose is fair enough.

"Ive lived a quite a few countries now, England obviously, Saudi Arabia, Holland, Belgium, Germany and now here in Prague for the last two years.
A bit tired of finding out my girlfriend already has a boyfriend/husband and looking for somebody to share time with. I do prefer women younger than myself, selfish probably but thats how it is. If youre interested.Drop me line."

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
You have obviously been lied to before and are a bit suspicious now, which i suppose is fair enough.

"Ive lived a quite a few countries now, England obviously, Saudi Arabia, Holland, Belgium, Germany and now here in Prague for the last two years.
A bit tired of finding out my girlfriend already has a boyfriend/husband and looking for somebody to share time with. I do prefer women younger than myself, selfish probably but thats how it is. If youre interested.Drop me line."

oh dear...
As I have said to your idiot friend, i have no shame in using dating sites.

but as youre NSC's resident LIAR, I doubt if people care if somebody is on a dating site...serial liars on the other hand...

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
This confuses me - http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/2e0eb278-4372-11e6-b22f-79eb4891c97d.html#axzz4Dk7Qyqy0

Indian business leaders seem to say Brexit is good for Indian business and India and and welcomes a free trade deal that could create lots of new jobs in India, but at the same time conceded that Indian businesses in The UK may also rethink in regards to The EU, such as relocating there from here, as well as continuing to operate here. Doesn't seem to mention British jobs though.

This Indian article here, seems to directly suggest that Brexit is good for India but bad for The UK - http://www.ndtv.com/opinion/your-guide-to-brexit-and-5-ways-it-will-impact-india-1421554

Good news?
Bad news?
What does they know, they're foreign and probably think they're experts?

Last edited:

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Care to elaborate?

Because every point is factually correct... however brexiters don't like real facts. They like sound bites "take back or country"

How about this for starters

1)If we want to trade with the EU (which we will need to) they have said they will only do it with free movement of people.

Most immigration is from outside of the EU and of the 0.5% from within the EU

1. We can trade with the EU under WTO rules with no commitment to free movement.

2. About 50% of net migration is from the EU.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Oh I see, you ask for me to speculate so that you can dismiss it, nice one.
I foolishly jumped in at the very worst and least likely events, I should have realised.
If you want to try just the highly likely shit coming our way, I have a whole lot of that for you.

Fire away!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
no 5 years is very pessimistic, it assumes a deep recession along the lines of 2008-09. why do so many want this to happen just to be proven right?

It's not pessimistic according to the Economists for Britain member who was quoted in the Sunday Times three weeks ago that by 2030 the economy should be back where it would have been if we'd stayed in the EU - and he was trying to SELL your miserable project. In fairness he added that we might even BEAT the 2030 target. But obviously he couldn't be sure about that.

Your comment about remainers wanting the economy to collapse is ludicrous. The experts said we'd be in trouble, Gove and his fellow zealots stuck their fingers in their ears, refused to listen and carried on screaming about immigrants and now, when the storm clouds are gathering, all their apologists can do is say we are wrong to mention the consequencies. If you think I wanted to shift my pension fund into cash this morning, that I want members of my family to be seeking foreign passports for their children, that I want to see our competitors rubbing their hands together or that I want to see people close to me in fear of losing their jobs then you then you are horribly wrong.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
oh dear...
As I have said to your idiot friend, i have no shame in using dating sites.

but as youre the NSC's resident LIAR, I doubt if people care if somebody is on a dating site, whereas, serial liars are looked upon rather disdainfully

Hmm, so where have you got this "serial liar" from, i have put up links that you may not agree with, and made a couple of mistakes involving stating a month instead of a year, and mistakenly putting the photo of a Labour MP in with UKIP MP's......BOTH which i have stated that i made a mistake.

I believe you are the one that denied the contents of PM's you sent, which were subsequently put up to prove you were lieing, in fact you have been caught out many times.
Good luck with finding that woman after your 2 year abstinence.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
when the storm clouds are gathering

God help us. It was only 70 years ago we emerged from World War 2, this hyperbole is downright silly.

Seeking foreign passports for their children... for what exactly, to avoid the hassle of getting a visa? We live in hard times indeed...

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Hmm, so where have you got this "serial liar" from, i have put up links that you may not agree with, and made a couple of mistakes involving stating a month instead of a year, and mistakenly putting the photo of a Labour MP in with UKIP MP's......BOTH which i have stated that i made a mistake.

I believe you are the one that denied the contents of PM's you sent, which were subsequently put up to prove you were lieing, in fact you have been caught out many times.

You did state you made a mistake, after being pressed about it.
My pms were shown to be lies?... haha...no. Not at all. Not one bit. They proved I said I would meet the bloke. Never had the intention.

by the way, that ad was from 2008. Well done.

Mistakenly eh? No. DECEPTIVELY.
It sounds familiar.

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You did state you made a mistake, after being pressed about it.
My pms were shown to be lies?... haha...no. Not at all. Not one bit. They proved I said I would meet the halfwit. Never had the intention.

by the way, that ad was from 2008. Well done.

Mistakenly eh? No. DECEPTIVELY.
It sounds familiar.

"Mistakenly eh? No. DECEPTIVELY.
It sounds familiar."........not lieing.
By the way you have put up a video by Farage, please note like my links this does not come from my lips or pen, so i am not lieing.

By the way, i thought you liked to smoke the herbal stuff.....hope you did not lie on your dating profile quote :" Smokes regularly, Drinks socially, Doesn’t do drugs"....

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

But you have still to comment on your omission regarding the USA legislation post.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
"Mistakenly eh? No. DECEPTIVELY.
It sounds familiar."........not lieing.
By the way you have put up a video by Farage, please note like my links this does not come from my lips or pen, so i am not lieing.

By the way, i thought you liked to smoke the herbal stuff.....hope you did not lie on your dating profile quote :" Smokes regularly, Drinks socially, Doesn’t do drugs"....

'Norway are not fully in the EU and they deported 8000 a couple of months back. Calling those that do not agree with you expletives and idiot shows you can not handle different opinions. Carry on...'

Quite a 'mistake'. Doesnt really look as though you mistakenly used month instead of year to me, and I doubt to anybody else.

Grass is a plant. Not a drug.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
God help us. It was only 70 years ago we emerged from World War 2, this hyperbole is downright silly.

Seeking foreign passports for their children... for what exactly, to avoid the hassle of getting a visa? We live in hard times indeed...

What is coming our way isn't as bad as the second world war but that doesn't stop it being completely unnecessary. I suppose you'd also say that people shouldn't complain about getting mugged because other people have got murdered in the past. And no, the passports aren't needed just to avoid members of my family getting visas. I'm surprised you didn't know the circumstances.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Fire away!

I tell you what, you tell me roughly what you imagine the deal with the E.U. will look like so we are not starting off with my assumption, which is we end up either totally out and on WTO terms for the short term, possibly improving in time. Or full free access similar to Norway arrangements.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I tell you what, you tell me roughly what you imagine the deal with the E.U. will look like so we are not starting off with my assumption, which is we end up either totally out and on WTO terms for the short term, possibly improving in time. Or full free access similar to Norway arrangements.

Here lies the problem
Both sides are asking each other to make assumptions when neither side knows for sure what the trade deal will exactly entail until negotiations have concluded.
Its all just pointless speculation at the moment.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The vast majority of major German companies reported not having hired any of the million plus migrants who arrived in the country last year. The German government, International Monetary Fund (IMF), and Deutsche Bank predicted the migrants would be an economic boon for the country. Much of the international media echoed these claims, saying many doctors and architects were among last year’s influx of immigration to Germany. In a survey by the Frankfurter Allgemeiner Zeitung (FAZ), however, most of the top 30 companies on the German stock exchange (DAX) said they were unable to employ any of the new arrivals. The companies said migrants lacked the necessary qualifications needed to fill any of their roles.

Although the companies surveyed employ four million workers, FAZ reported that between them, they had only hired 54 migrants. Fifty of these are employed by the German post office, and the vast majority of top German companies hired none at all. Software giant SAP reported having two migrants working for them, and pharmaceutical manufacturer Merck also said they had hired two. The Kiel-based Institute for World Economics estimated that only two per cent of recent migrants to Germany are employable. Professor Ludger Wössmann, director of the Centre for the Economics of Education in Munich, said his research showed at least two thirds of migrants can’t read or write.

At the International Motor Show in Frankfurt, Daimler CEO Dieter Zetsche said the migrant influx would provide Germany with an “economic miracle”. Saying migrants who traveled to Germany are highly motivated, the automaker said his company was “looking for such people”. Despite these claims, FAZ revealed Mr. Zetsche’s company has yet to hire any migrants.
The newspaper reports that many DAX companies are involved in the “We Together” project. The project, launched by United Internet boss Ralph Dommermuth, aims to get migrants in employment. FAZ reported that United Internet, and its subsidiary 1&1, employ 8,200 people. Of these, though, the companies have only five migrants working for them, all in trainee positions. They said they did not want to make promises they can’t keep.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The vast majority of major German companies reported not having hired any of the million plus migrants who arrived in the country last year. The German government, International Monetary Fund (IMF), and Deutsche Bank predicted the migrants would be an economic boon for the country. Much of the international media echoed these claims, saying many doctors and architects were among last year’s influx of immigration to Germany. In a survey by the Frankfurter Allgemeiner Zeitung (FAZ), however, most of the top 30 companies on the German stock exchange (DAX) said they were unable to employ any of the new arrivals. The companies said migrants lacked the necessary qualifications needed to fill any of their roles.

Although the companies surveyed employ four million workers, FAZ reported that between them, they had only hired 54 migrants. Fifty of these are employed by the German post office, and the vast majority of top German companies hired none at all. Software giant SAP reported having two migrants working for them, and pharmaceutical manufacturer Merck also said they had hired two. The Kiel-based Institute for World Economics estimated that only two per cent of recent migrants to Germany are employable. Professor Ludger Wössmann, director of the Centre for the Economics of Education in Munich, said his research showed at least two thirds of migrants can’t read or write.

At the International Motor Show in Frankfurt, Daimler CEO Dieter Zetsche said the migrant influx would provide Germany with an “economic miracle”. Saying migrants who traveled to Germany are highly motivated, the automaker said his company was “looking for such people”. Despite these claims, FAZ revealed Mr. Zetsche’s company has yet to hire any migrants.
The newspaper reports that many DAX companies are involved in the “We Together” project. The project, launched by United Internet boss Ralph Dommermuth, aims to get migrants in employment. FAZ reported that United Internet, and its subsidiary 1&1, employ 8,200 people. Of these, though, the companies have only five migrants working for them, all in trainee positions. They said they did not want to make promises they can’t keep.

Rather than just copying and pasting a story from a newspaper how about commenting on your deliberate omission on the USA legalization post

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

These are asylum seeking migrants from Syria being spoken about here aren't they?
I suspect the Germans are more efficient than us and possibly have a system where asylum seekers can get to work sooner than our system, but it is usual for asylum seekers to not be permitted to work in most European Union states for a period between 6 months and 2 years or until their claim has been accepted.
I don't know, but it may be skewing the figures a bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here