Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It's strange isn't it this "Our Country" line, seems to me that the country is pretty owned lock stock and barrel by about 3% and they could care less about any of us. Billionaires like Dyson who didn't want to pay a working wage to British people who subsequently transferred manufacturing to Malaysia but still wanted Brexit, It's a right wing coup folks and you have been conned.

As Anthony Hilton said - 'I once asked Rupert Murdoch why he was so opposed to the European Union. 'That’s easy,' he replied. 'When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice.'

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
As Anthony Hilton said - 'I once asked Rupert Murdoch why he was so opposed to the European Union. 'That’s easy,' he replied. 'When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice.'

Not long now until we see what a Farage / Murdoch inspired utopia looks like and I'd say with some certainty the working classes won't like it.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
FTSE is a reflection of international business, the pound is a much more relevant guide to belief in the ongoing strength of the British economy.

and the trade-weighted index for the £ v $ is broadly at the same levels it was throughout 2009-14... so that would also appear to be in quite reasonable shape.

Despite many desperately trying to talk the economy, stock markets and the £ down, it doesn't seem to have much traction... for now.

I am hoping for a fairly quick resolution to #brexit. When German unification was first discussed, it was expected to take between 5 and 10 years to complete. The main agreements were all completed within 300 days.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Is the EU evolving, as in moving in the right direction? The indications over the last 10 years or more are that the EU leaders are intent on evolving into a single European federal state. The BREXIT vote has, seemingly, resulted in EU statements proposing to speed up the federalisation process.

Yeah, this is one of the issues with the E.U., anytime there is a hiatus, they push for greater political Union, it is trying to protect itself from fragmenting, for me, that is not an issue but understand most people are not ready for this and it will take generations before it is seen as a natural and comfortable step to make for most citizens of the E.U.
However, Mr. Cameron obtained special status within the E.U. for the U.K. in February, ensuring that we would not be forced down that route or forced out of the Union because of it.
I think a United States of Europe is a long way off, but it is on the agenda and will one day happen, just not in my lifetime.

If it feels uncomfortable for you, to be European, at least you know now how many Scots feel about being British. It might be better for me, but I just don't like it!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
On and on and on, maybe that is why you are on so many dating sites, you bore them. By the way your profile on one was done when you were 53, you are now 61, like on here try changing the profile like the record. Good luck getting a younger partner and update the profile picture as well.

Avoid the question yet again

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I am hoping for a fairly quick resolution to #brexit. When German unification was first discussed, it was expected to take between 5 and 10 years to complete. The main agreements were all completed within 300 days.

hmm, thats the Germans though. we probably need to get some on our side to help progress that efficiently.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Yeah, this is one of the issues with the E.U., anytime there is a hiatus, they push for greater political Union, it is trying to protect itself from fragmenting, for me, that is not an issue but understand most people are not ready for this and it will take generations before it is seen as a natural and comfortable step to make for most citizens of the E.U.
However, Mr. Cameron obtained special status within the E.U. for the U.K. in February, ensuring that we would not be forced down that route or forced out of the Union because of it.
I think a United States of Europe is a long way off, but it is on the agenda and will one day happen, just not in my lifetime.

If it feels uncomfortable for you, to be European, at least you know now how many Scots feel about being British. It might be better for me, but I just don't like it!

It will fragment, they just happened to forget to take the people with them and its broken beyond repair, my guess just a group of loosely associated trading nation states, with a few common principles, purposes and outlooks, now that I like ........

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
and the trade-weighted index for the £ v $ is broadly at the same levels it was throughout 2009-14... so that would also appear to be in quite reasonable shape.

Despite many desperately trying to talk the economy, stock markets and the £ down, it doesn't seem to have much traction... for now.

But that's German efficiency for you, not the snail pace of the British Civil Service

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

:lolol: still clinging on to that one? no treaty, no deal, and now he's gone no one even has any personal obligation to keep.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
hmm, thats the Germans though. we probably need to get some on our side to help progress that efficiently.

But that's German efficiency for you, not the snail pace of the British Civil Service

I have just spent the last 3 days in Germany. Most of the people that I spoke to were disappointed with the #brexit vote, but have a keen interest in maintaining good relations with the UK and getting this sorted quickly.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Jeez. What question? . I put up a link from an American source, you did not agree and stated I was lieing, I did not write the article did I.

You omitted details that proved your statement was totally wrong, but why let the actual facts get in the way of your views

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
What evidence have you got that the result would be different? WWIII hasn't started yet has it?

Yes it is. I expect there to be a recession, but it's only a guess.

You're in no position to make such a promise. You don't know what will happen, or what we'll all think of it.

No evidence a referendum tomorrow would return a different result, that's why I said I believe, not it will, but lets do it and find out, would be less harmful than the, no evidence things will be better after leaving, but lets do it and find out option.

It really is not a guess that there will be a recession, there will be and everyone knows it. The optomists think it could be over in 12 months.

I have a special power known as Common Sense, it tells me to listen to experts and that someone who is in denial that things are going to get really rough if we do this, is going to regret that he chose to do this, when it gets really rough.

There are a lot of really bad possibilities that will get closer to reality, on top.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
:lolol: still clinging on to that one? no treaty, no deal, and now he's gone no one even has any personal obligation to keep.

It was agreed with all member states, it would have come into effect but I suspect that it will go out of the window now, and certainly won't be on the table if we ever try to get back in.
Personally it was not an issue for me, but if it was for you, it really should not have been. This was not a piece of expert advice you can just disregard, it was a fact.

IMF have said it is very unlikely there will be a global recession as a result of Brexit.

Many companies have posted higher share prices today due to the lower pound value.

Merkel is now seriously challenging the authority of the big 5 EU commissioners.

The EU is dead, long live a true trade only Europe. Cooperation, not regulation.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here