Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
My current hope, is that with other member states having concern with migration, the E.U. may end this Mexican stand off with a new proposal on movement of labour within the Union.
I do not believe they should make any unique arrangement for Britain on this, but they could make it a rule for member states with a net contribution to E.U. of 5 Billion Euro+ have the right to control inward migration from net recipient countries, receiving more than 1 Billion Euro. With a proviso that those net contributors do not cherry pick only the more highly skilled workers.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Well the "shite" economy in 2007 up until 2010 did not deter EU workers on the sites i was on, loads of them came over....." racist attitudes", why because we want CONTROLLED immigration and not 330000 EVERY year ( and before another clever dick points out that there are non EU in those figures) the mass amount can not be sustained.....then the economy will become "shite" .
Nice to see you managed to slide in the "racist " tag.

I was not aiming the racist tag at you, nor blaming you in particular for a shite economy. I will wager that the migrants on the sites you were on 2007-2010 were not the "foreign talent" we were talking about.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I was not aiming the racist tag at you, nor blaming you in particular for a shite economy. I will wager that the migrants on the sites you were on 2007-2010 were not the "foreign talent" we were talking about.

Fair enough. I must be careful what i say, but in my trade the EU "sparks" were let's say dodgy, other trades like taping and jointing and partitioning they were ok.
As iv'e stated numerous times, the vast majority are nice people and can have the crack.....does not mean i am happy with 330000 every year from wherever.
Anyway, i think i know one of your mates, so i will let you off :)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Fair enough. I must be careful what i say, but in my trade the EU "sparks" were let's say dodgy, other trades like taping and jointing and partitioning they were ok.
As iv'e stated numerous times, the vast majority are nice people and can have the crack.....does not mean i am happy with 330000 every year from wherever.
Anyway, i think i know one of your mates, so i will let you off :)

Building trades rates were down and dropped further with the influx of migrants a few years back. I was a Brickie, got out of that game a while ago, but many of my mates were struggling. There is a problem in some areas and in some industries today, and it needs something to happen, but leaving the E.U. would do so much damage. The "cure" is far worse than the disease.
Who is it you think that we might both know?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Starting our slow and inexorable decline

Sterling down to a 30 year low
Back reserve regulation being relaxed to keep money moving (and increasing risk)
Government to drop corporation tax to try and stop a flee from the uk
Scotland gearing up for an exit
Several property funds stop investors withdrawing money
Bond yields turn negative in several countries, meaning investors are paying governments to hold their money
The country reviles Boris for potentially taking us out
Valued EU workers dont feel welcome post vote
Abuse of "foreigners" increases

Experts, who needs them :thumbsup:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Back reserve regulation being relaxed to keep money moving (and increasing risk)
Bond yields turn negative in several countries, meaning investors are paying governments to hold their money

Yes, a lot of that is what the experts, the establishment and the people in power warned us about. Many of them are things which the experts, the people in power and the establishment have a strong degree of control over - exchange rates, buying or selling of shares, trading or stopping trading; that's what they do. They told us it would happen - guess they want to make a point now, to punish we the people for going against their wishes.

It'll all even out, and they'll keep getting rich. Nobody need panic, OK?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yes, a lot of that is what the experts, the establishment and the people in power warned us about. Many of them are things which the experts, the people in power and the establishment have a strong degree of control over - exchange rates, buying or selling of shares, trading or stopping trading; that's what they do. They told us it would happen - guess they want to make a point now, to punish we the people for going against their wishes.

The people in power have less control of these things than you seem to think, and I am not quite sure who the people in power even are at the moment.
I am expecting things to get a whole lot worse before they get any better, if we invoke article 50.
I agree that the wealthy will do well, they often do in a recession as assets become cheaper to acquire.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Whose panicking. It is what it is. Its fascinating to watch what is happening, what a few have done by misleading many (and then fled to the hills)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

these arent all directly tied to Brexit in isolation, could have occured this summer anyway. in bold were likely, highly likely, certain, quite likely and already happening.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
these arent all directly tied to Brexit in isolation, could have occured this summer anyway. in bold were likely, highly likely, certain, quite likely and already happening.

Even if we believe your assertion, Brexit has clearly accelerated any decision in these areas due to the lack of confidence that companies and investors have of the UK following the vote.

Take as an example Corporation Tax, yes this was scheduled to be reduced, but the outcome of Brexit meant that a larger cut in the rate was required in an attempt to make the UK attractive to companies that are already here and considering relocation to the EU and to attract companies to the UK.

You need to accept that Brexit has had a negative effect (to date) on many financial areas.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You need to accept that Brexit has had a negative effect (to date) on many financial areas.

i do and haven't said otherwise. you and many others need to accept that many issues were already in the pipeline, this even hasnt caused them, it has merely accelerated or increased them. and recognise some of the points above arent even a bad thing.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
i do and haven't said otherwise. you and many others need to accept that many issues were already in the pipeline, this even hasnt caused them, it has merely accelerated or increased them. and recognise some of the points above arent even a bad thing.

I'm not sure how 'increasing/accelerating' economic problems is a good thing though?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

IN THE PIPELINE?

Where were the indicators suggesting the pound would drop below 1.30 on the dollar, our credit rating would be reduced, foreign banks would stop lending on London property, petrol would increase (it's been falling) and we'd abandon the intention to balance the books? At what point did you think "you know what, I bet within the week Cameron, Boris and Farage all resign and the Labour party falls apart".

Meanwhile our borders are still open, we still have to answer to EU regulations and we're about to get an unelected Prime Minister.

Pipeline my arse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here