Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Run a GE on the basis we won't leave the EU if voted in.

May wouldn't do that. It would tear the Tory party in two.

She'll leave the EU, but she won't destroy the Tory party. Dave was the same. That's why we've had this referendum - to save the ****ing Tories.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I agree Jim. The writing is on the wall. The politicians know it. This isn't in any way similar to WMD which was a great unknown reliant on one inspector's team who knew they were being led a merry dance by a dictator. This is a case of a huge body of economists saying that leaving the EU would not be in the interests of the UK.

However, this is now political and I just don't see how any conservative leader will be able to wiggle out of it. They may know that they are leading the country towards a negative outcome, but the people have spoken.

I desperately hope sense will prevail, but I'm a realist and recognise that we'll have to get on with it. I just wonder how many talented people we're going to lose to other economies. I'm too old to go now, but if I were in my twenties post-university, why would I stay here as opposed to exploring other parts of the world. We're making it easy for our home-grown talent to find reasons to leave and difficult for foreign-born talent to find reason to come here.

Everything was not rosy pre the referendum, which is why over 17million wanted out. The result could have been different if past and present governments had LISTENED to the people.
"We're making it easy for our home-grown talent to find reasons to leave and difficult for foreign-born talent to find reason to come here".[/QUOTE]
I think this statement is over the top, the Leave campaign wanted to CONTROL immigration which would not stop "foreign-born talent " coming here, and our own "home-grown talent" would have more chance staying here.
Seems many have forgotten that the EU is in a bad state, we were slowly losing our identity etc to the EU etc. A few weeks have passed and it will be interesting to see if the EU is as strong in a few months.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Everything was not rosy pre the referendum, which is why over 17million wanted out. The result could have been different if past and present governments had LISTENED to the people.
"We're making it easy for our home-grown talent to find reasons to leave and difficult for foreign-born talent to find reason to come here".
I think this statement is over the top, the Leave campaign wanted to CONTROL immigration which would not stop "foreign-born talent " coming here, and our own "home-grown talent" would have more chance staying here.
Seems many have forgotten that the EU is in a bad state, we were slowly losing our identity etc to the EU etc. A few weeks have passed and it will be interesting to see if the EU is as strong in a few months.[/QUOTE]

If our identity is what we have seen from both parties in the past few months it better off lost.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
"We're making it easy for our home-grown talent to find reasons to leave and difficult for foreign-born talent to find reason to come here".
Seems many have forgotten that the EU is in a bad state, we were slowly losing our identity etc to the EU etc. A few weeks have passed and it will be interesting to see if the EU is as strong in a few months.[/QUOTE]

That's not a reason to vote out. It's a reason to hold Uk parliament to account. It's a reason to redistribute wealth. But this was a protest vote and nothing more than that.

I agree we need to move on with a plan, and Osborne's move on corporation tax, which I predicted in an earlier post, is a blunt and simple response. It won't fix things. It certainly won't help the less well off. But it's the sort of moves we now need to see.

The vote to Leave was wrong, but now we move on.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Ha, says the poster who thought the economy would be better if we stayed in the EU, but voted out so the economy wouldn't blow up in our faces!
Who said that....?... more cock n bull

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Before we beat ourselves up about our shit democracy and how we are a laughing stock, look around the world. See how other countries do things.

Australia is about to vote yet another leader but can't figure out who is going to lead.

USA gets to choose between a nutjob and a corrupt establishment stooge.

Italy has no money left and the Far left controls 2 major city districts.

France is crippled by strikes and may call for a vote of no confidence in the government.

Hungary is about to call for a referendum on EU migration policy.

German minister lied about being assaulted by gang of migrants. She said originally they were German.

We are probably mid table in the laughing stock league.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Why did nobody whine and whinge when the banks ruined the world economy back in 2008 causing untold job losses people to lose there homes, interest rates falling to zero affecting anybody who had savings and still affecting them all these years later. Yet the same banks had the audacity to try and convince people to vote remain

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Other than an Amex season ticket, nothing and like you I can see many talented youngsters leaving for other parts of the world because they see a better future than the one that is looking likely here.

I'm too old to go too but I'm relieved that members of my family seem to have the chance of foreign passports. They are doing what they can to give their children a future and who can blame them? Meanwhile the rest of us should do what we can to support those who try to get this disaster reversed, ignoring those who accuse us of wingeing just because we won't give up.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
No mate you're the ****ing idiot if you think that exiting the EU is going to stop those "Foreigners".

1)If we want to trade with the EU (which we will need to) they have said they will only do it with free movement of people.

thats a lie,you dont have to have free movement to trade with the EU

2) Farage and Johnson have already said that the referendum is NOT about immigration... can they back track anymore on all the BULLSH1T they spouted.

the referendum was not solely about immigration,so they are not lying. Immigration was an important factor. Most people who voted leave placed the whole democracy issue as their most important concern. Doesnt fit with your hate narrative i know,but facts are facts

Most immigration is from outside of the EU and of the 0.5% from within the EU 98% pay taxes meaning they pay MUCH MORE into the government pot.

Pay much more than who?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Why did nobody whine and whinge when the banks ruined the world economy back in 2008 causing untold job losses people to lose there homes, interest rates falling to zero affecting anybody who had savings and still affecting them all these years later. Yet the same banks had the audacity to try and convince people to vote remain

In some ways people did whinge and whine but, the 'elite' ignored them and sorted themselves out. Now we have a 'groundhog day' of sorts. Yet again the elite and those with massive vested interests are desperately trying to undo the referendum result. Fun world isn't it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Because the press told them it was Gordon Brown's and Labour's fault, so they just blamed them, then voted in a new government and everything would be okay again.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
No mate you're the ****ing idiot if you think that exiting the EU is going to stop those "Foreigners".

1)If we want to trade with the EU (which we will need to) they have said they will only do it with free movement of people.

2) Farage and Johnson have already said that the referendum is NOT about immigration... can they back track anymore on all the BULLSH1T they spouted.

Most immigration is from outside of the EU and of the 0.5% from within the EU 98% pay taxes meaning they pay MUCH MORE into the government pot.

As i sit in my ivory tower i can see people are disgruntled with "their lot" however the rhetoric that it is because of blooding foreigners is ****ing wrong and shameful. Yes i can agree that the government have been neglecting the poor working class (mainly northern) however the EU has **** all to do it. In fact due to the recession that we are likely to hit bringing more years of austerity who the **** do you think will suffer? Yes you got it the people who voted Brexit. I'll be fine in my ivory tower mate.

So many factually incorrect statements in one post!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Control of numbers coming from the E.U. may not stop foreign talent coming here, a shite economy and openly racist attitudes might persuade them to look elsewhere though.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Start your journey early
Or maybe later
Get your boots on
Look for rainbows
It's cloudy
Take your hairdryer
Blow them all away

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I

Control of numbers coming from the E.U. may not stop foreign talent coming here, a shite economy and openly racist attitudes might persuade them to look elsewhere though.

Well the "shite" economy in 2007 up until 2010 did not deter EU workers on the sites i was on, loads of them came over....." racist attitudes", why because we want CONTROLLED immigration and not 330000 EVERY year ( and before another clever dick points out that there are non EU in those figures) the mass amount can not be sustained.....then the economy will become "shite" .
Nice to see you managed to slide in the "racist " tag.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here