Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Some of the leave voters on here refusal to accept the facts that voting for brexit has seriously thrown things into turmoil is kinda freaking me out. Literally the whole world is shitting the bed and *most* of the leave voters are acting like nothing is wrong. What's it going to take? The PM resigned, Osborne has said shit is rough, the pounds tanked, the markets tanked, the politicians have near enough come out straight and said there is no plan (yet) and this goes on. But there's leave voters on here quoting made up nonsense about the pound and fluff about how our Aston Martins are now more of a bargain. Brill news! It's truly bewildering.

If you come out and say yeah, it's rough at the moment to say the least, but I believe in my vote and I think it's worth this trouble, then fair play, but it's like you're blocking your eyes and ears. Unbelievable. I wondered how people can believe farage and his BS. Question answered really.

View attachment 76150

It's going to be rocky for a while but it's not economic Armageddon. I'm sure good old George Soros is sitting on the sidelines with his piles of money jumping into the markets and buying on the dips knowing that he's going to make another billion or two in the next few years.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just listening to Tim Martin, owner of Wetherspoons.. He is blaming George Osborne and David Cameron for the current state of the stock exchange and Currency collapse...

" If DC and GO had not predicted market chaos and financial meltdown we would not have had market chaos and financial meltdown ".

It is their fault apparently and they are now rowing backwards to put things right...... He always seems to slur his words, has he been sampling too much of his own product ?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Its a very long river in Africa, DENIAL.

Put your fingers in your ears and hum, it blocks out the accusations of ,no plan, an impending financial crisis,some voters voted because they are xenophobes.
LALALALALALALALALALALALALA IM NOT LISTENING,LALALALALALALALALALALALALA

Cameron has had discussions with Merkel and Hollande and has set out his plan for BREXIT. Osborne and Carney have actioned their plan to deal with the financial turmoil (not an impending crisis), and, Yes, some xenophobes voted to leave.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Its a very long river in Africa, DENIAL.

Put your fingers in your ears and hum, it blocks out the accusations of ,no plan, an impending financial crisis,some voters voted because they are xenophobes.
LALALALALALALALALALALALALA IM NOT LISTENING,LALALALALALALALALALALALALA

Keep bleating. The vote was out, and you and the governments past and present put their fingers in their ears, sang LALALALALA etc and did NOT listen to the concerns.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Keep bleating. The vote was out, and you and the governments past and present put their fingers in their ears, sang LALALALALA etc and did NOT listen to the concerns.

We are only the fourth day after the vote, theres a lot of time for things still to go very wrong, wait and see

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No, it wouldn't. Every single election is fought upon the same basis, there isn't a single vote where either everyone is in full possession of the facts or has equal intellect or common sense. If we apply your reasoning, each general election's results would be annulled. We thankfully live in a society where no matter what one's color or social position or intelligence, one has an equal vote.

And in any case, remain campaign told a hatful of lies as well. Both campaigns were appallingly led.

No it wouldn't, I have never heard of voters at a general election regret voting for a particular party 12 hours later, I have never seen a general election where just a few hours after the result the winning party said, actually, that spending promise on the NHS was a mistake. I have never seen a general election where a claim to control our borders was promised and immediately after the result came in, for the winners to say they do not expect to lose free movement of Labour.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
We are only the fourth day after the vote, theres a lot of time for things still to go very wrong, wait and see

I daresay you will be waiting, fingers on the keyboard, frothing and ready to post any little dip, any anti exit and pro EU that you can.

So basically it's just sour grapes.
What we need to do is get a new government in place and start negotiations with Brussels.
Drift only increases the chances that the enemies of democracy will try and prevent us from reclaiming our freedom

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
"The pound is stable, the markets are stable." That was this morning, after the Asian markets had shown that this was unlikely to be the case.

The Nikkei went UP by 2.39% overnight, whilst the Hang Seng fell by only 0.16%, so it was a fairly accurate comment at the time.

Today the FTSE 100 has fallen to where it was 12 days ago and the FTSE 250 to where it was 20 months ago. The DAX and the CAC 40 have been hit harder.
The pound has been hit hard against the dollar but is only down to its 2012 level against the Euro.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Unfortunately that was all a pile of ****. They chose the least workable option to fulfil an election promise so no-one would vote it through.

Very sensible system in my opinion, but having seen the difficulty some people have had with a two box referendum, I guess you are right.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The Nikkei went UP by 2.39% overnight, whilst the Hang Seng fell by only 0.16%, so it was a fairly accurate comment at the time.

Today the FTSE 100 has fallen to where it was 12 days ago and the FTSE 250 to where it was 20 months ago. The DAX and the CAC 40 have been hit harder.
The pound has been hit hard against the dollar but is only down to its 2012 level against the Euro.

Because our referendum is ****ing the Euro too.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Some of the leave voters on here refusal to accept the facts that voting for brexit has seriously thrown things into turmoil is kinda freaking me out. Literally the whole world is shitting the bed and *most* of the leave voters are acting like nothing is wrong. What's it going to take? The PM resigned, Osborne has said shit is rough, the pounds tanked, the markets tanked, the politicians have near enough come out straight and said there is no plan (yet) and this goes on. But there's leave voters on here quoting made up nonsense about the pound and fluff about how our Aston Martins are now more of a bargain. Brill news! It's truly bewildering.

If you come out and say yeah, it's rough at the moment to say the least, but I believe in my vote and I think it's worth this trouble, then fair play, but it's like you're blocking your eyes and ears. Unbelievable. I wondered how people can believe farage and his BS. Question answered really.

View attachment 76150

Remain lost get over it. Blame Cameron for giving the vote in the 1st place

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Now we no longer like or trust experts in this country, can we start book burning soon, i love a good bonfire

Oh well played. Finally someone proves Godwin's Law, can I join in and draw parallels between attempts at trying to overturn a plebiscite and the Nazi Enabling Act in 1933? And I'd wager that seeing as the official name for the Act was 'the law for removing distress from the people and the state', my analogy is a little bit more relevant too.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I daresay you will be waiting, fingers on the keyboard, frothing and ready to post any little dip, any anti exit and pro EU that you can.

So basically it's just sour grapes.

What we need to do is get a new government in place and start negotiations with Brussels.
Drift only increases the chances that the enemies of democracy will try and prevent us from reclaiming our freedom

Yep. Need to trigger the exit and start the talks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here