Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
this I am afraid is democracy

I always thought that democracy was that in any election/referendum if you had just one more vote than the other side it won.
so the out campaign won against the odds and now we have to make the best of it and get on with maybe 3/4 years of tightening the belt, this should not be to hard as we have been doing that for a while now.
we are a country and people who do not like being told what to do, we love to go out of this country and fight for others who do not have that choice,two world wars many wars in the other parts of the world, the Falklands comes to mind as well as the Balkans, Iraq, and now Syria.
all countries that deserve democracy and peace, yet here we are arguing the toss about a democratic vote and because some do not like it angling to find a way to have a rehash.
the joke is those countries we went and saved in the two world wars are now(Germany apart that is) are bullying us to hurry up and get out.
is it not time to have a little calmness and work out what is best for us and not others, do something for the people in this country.

Oh and jeremy.............................it is time to go, you have laid a good base now have a rest

END RANT

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
46% of people here think the vote last Thursday was to stop the free movement of people, which is FUNDAMENTALLY wrong.

That 46% is presumably made up solely of Brexiters, so 46% of 17 million is nearly 8 million.

Millions of people don't know what they were voting for. Allowing millions of people to vote on something that they don't know, but that will massively affect everything and everyone for years to come (for the better or worse), is hardly what I would call reasonable, its reckless.

Oh please, put yourself back in the box ........

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
46% of people here think the vote last Thursday was to stop the free movement of people, which is FUNDAMENTALLY wrong.

That 46% is presumably made up solely of Brexiters, so 46% of 17 million is nearly 8 million.

Millions of people don't know what they were voting for. Allowing millions of people to vote on something that they don't know, but that will massively affect everything and everyone for years to come (for the better or worse), is hardly what I would call reasonable, its reckless.

The official BREXIT campaign had the introduction of a points based immigration system in their manifesto. 17million people voted for BREXIT. Nobody had the option of choosing which parts of each campaign they agreed with and which parts they didn't. They had the option of putting an X in a box. Just like a general election when each party publishes a manifesto and you select a candidate representing one of the parties. You simply cannot say it is fundamentally wrong that people voted for immigration controls. All you can say is that 17million people voted for BREXIT and that immigration control was explicitly stated in the official BREXIT position.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
GBP / USD hits 31 year low, Taylor Wimpey share price pretty much half last Friday, Barclays off another 18%.

Still looking forward to the EFTA derby tonight....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I voted on whether we stayed in the EU or not.

That was the question on the ballot which I was given.

No clarifying notes were present on the voting form I received.

The decision we made was to leave. Let's get the best deal.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
More important news.Albion v Forest on the box 12th August-might be fixtures already but WTF!:albion2:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is not hugely different from a general election where each party publishes a manifesto
It is, because we didn't have one voice from the either campaign. We had Labour and the Conservatives on one side. Some of the leave campaigners are racist - I didn't vote for them.

If you vote BREXIT you effectively vote for the BREXIT manifesto.
That's incorrect. I voted to leave. I now expect our government to do the best it can with that mandate, and fortunately, that's how Cameron sees it too.

Johnson and Gove were basically endorsed by the Government to lead the BREXIT campaign.
They weren't at all, they were allowed to campaign as they wanted. Our government wasn't in position to decide who led the leave campaign.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Immigration is a massive issue, it is just not an issue based on race. It is based on economics, it is a based on unlimited numbers of people and limited resources. Surely you can see that?

"Bloody foreigners" are your words. I haven't heard that said ever by anyone who wanted to leave the EU. I have heard it afew times though, but only ever by Remainers who want to insinuate something unsavory about the other side. If you can call the other side racist or xenophobic, then you can dismiss them out of hand as bad people, and you can ignore them, and it is that which has played a role in maiking this issue so divisive, and it has played an indirect role in leading to a Leave victory. You are your own worst enemy.
I entirely understand your need to justify and to attempt to misdirect but sadly your protestations don't hold water to anyone who has their eyaes and ears open.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I will say it-then they can all say they were right and," hopefully" ,stfu.BLOODY FOREIGNERS,and that's shouting.:)

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The official BREXIT campaign had the introduction of a points based immigration system in their manifesto. 17million people voted for BREXIT. Nobody had the option of choosing which parts of each campaign they agreed with and which parts they didn't. They had the option of putting an X in a box. Just like a general election when each party publishes a manifesto and you select a candidate representing one of the parties. You simply cannot say it is fundamentally wrong that people voted for immigration controls. All you can say is that 17million people voted for BREXIT and that immigration control was explicitly stated in the official BREXIT position.

FFS, there was no flaming Brexit manifesto!

I voted on whether we stayed in the EU or not.

That was the question on the ballot which I was given.

No clarifying notes were present on the voting form I received.

The decision we made was to leave. Let's get the best deal.
This, I wanted out of the franco-german view of closer union.

I voted leave and got the result I wanted. How this is achieved is up to the government in charge. I expect them to get on with it.

The side show that was going on with how much we would save and where that money would go is irrelevant.

I went on numerous debates and not once heard the leave speakers mention a reduction on immigration. It was all about controlling our right to choose who, how and when they come in and how we can try and plan ahead. Even though I had serious concerns about unlimited immigration and the cheap labour it brings I knew what could be achieved if I voted leave.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The fallout from BREXIT has now hit the USA. We received an e mail this morning from the company which administers our 401K (Company Pension Plan) basically telling us not to panic about the large slide in share prices of financial sector companies.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This, I wanted out of the franco-german view of closer union.

I voted leave and got the result I wanted. How this is achieved is up to the government in charge. I expect them to get on with it.

The side show that was going on with how much we would save and where that money would go is irrelevant.

I went on numerous debates and not once heard the leave speakers mention a reduction on immigration. It was all about controlling our right to choose who, how and when they come in and how we can try and plan ahead. Even though I had serious concerns about unlimited immigration and the cheap labour it brings I knew what could be achieved if I voted leave.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I think someone should have mentioned this to a fair few leavers voters cos the majority I've spoken to think it was all about reducing, if not stopping completely, immigration.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
GBP / USD hits 31 year low, Taylor Wimpey share price pretty much half last Friday, Barclays off another 18%.

Still looking forward to the EFTA derby tonight....

The fallout from BREXIT has now hit the USA. We received an e mail this morning from the company which administers our 401K (Company Pension Plan) basically telling us not to panic about the large slide in share prices of financial sector companies.

Lovely "stable" markets today - FTSE 250 down 7.0%, EURO STOXX 50 down 2.9%, GBP falls (as per Nicko above) against USD. If Boris is going to just make things up, he should stick to things that cannot be proved one way or the other.....

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Everywhere else is rocky as well.

Ahem...because of us.

Reuters has announced that on Friday the global markets lost more in one day, over $2 trillion, than any other day in history. That's more than 2008 financial crisis and Black Monday.

It's been falling again today.

You think it's going to calm down when we haven't even triggered article 50 yet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here