Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Indeed it does happen at every election and i know i'm crazy and obviously ideological but i wish they would campaign on how good their side was rather than mud slinging all the time. If they spent half as much effort in running a good campaign as they do belittling the other side then i feel they would engage the public better

100 % agreed. We(all sides) deserved a positive campaign. Instead we got lies and smears and claims from both sides that the other was guilty but that they were completely innocent. It is still happening. If you are 'crazy and ideological' then so am I.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Lets assume there is a general election prior to invoking Article 50 this year, which is not beyond the realms of possibility. Would The Conservative party unite over a clear position in regards to The EU? What would Labour do when so many of its voters backed 'leave'? How many Conservative and Labour voters would switch to UKIP in a general election? What would the result be? What horse trading would go on in a hung parliament scenario?

This whole EU situation is just going to be never ending in my opinion.

I agree.

There are basically two sides to Brexit now IMO. One who is open to free movement and one who isn’t. The side that is open will naturally get a better outcome from the negotiations, the side that isn’t will get a poorer deal.

IMO the GE will be essentially fought on that basis, I don’t think it will be a traditional election. It will effectively be a second referendum.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
No. But people will have done. You don't believe that? You don't believe that big straight up lie on the bus affected votes?

I thought all stupid people were supposed to have voted leave?

This point is exasperating at this stage, they campaigned on a gross weekly figure and a net annual figure. Big deal, how long have you been following politics?

How many leave voters are likely to say 'ah, so we only actually lose 200m a week? this changes my vote!' I don't think it was an unreasonable figure to display considering the rebate is ever declining and their campaign was wholly about control.

You'd have thought the bus said 'We promise to give the NHS 350m per week even though we aren't in government to do so' by some of the reactions.

In short, change the record.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Nice one.

MORE BBC LIES EXPOSED: £1 BRITISH POUND = 1.24 euros - that is 25% HIGHER than it was at the time of the 2015 General Election - the BBC are lying this morning - the value of the £1 three days ago was 1euro=79p RIGHT NOW is is 1euro=81p - a shift of just 2p which will be corrected as soon as Cameron buggers off. It has made BRITISH GOODS such as all our great sportscars - Caterham, Morgan, Aston Martin, Jaguar, Noble, Corsicas, Wilkins, XJ13s etc BETTER VALUE. It is the EURO which has CRASHED and will continue to CRASH because there is now a £361 MILLION POUND PER WEEK HOLE in the EU budget - yes, British people's taxes which have been illegally used to pay GERMAN PENSIONERS £449 PER WEEK when our Brits can't afford to eat nor heat. The BBC are trying to cook up a FAKE RECESSION - shout them down on Social Media.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I agree.

There are basically two sides to Brexit now IMO. One who is open to free movement and one who isn’t. The side that is open will naturally get a better outcome from the negotiations, the side that isn’t will get a poorer deal.

IMO the GE will be essentially fought on that basis, I don’t think it will be a traditional election. It will effectively be a second referendum.

I can see it happening. Brexit is now all about the issue of free movement. Some will accept the EEA route, some wont.

Last edited:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Nice one.

MORE BBC LIES EXPOSED: £1 BRITISH POUND = 1.24 euros - that is 25% HIGHER than it was at the time of the 2015 General Election - the BBC are lying this morning - the value of the £1 three days ago was 1euro=79p RIGHT NOW is is 1euro=81p - a shift of just 2p which will be corrected as soon as Cameron buggers off. It has made BRITISH GOODS such as all our great sportscars - Caterham, Morgan, Aston Martin, Jaguar, Noble, Corsicas, Wilkins, XJ13s etc BETTER VALUE. It is the EURO which has CRASHED and will continue to CRASH because there is now a £361 MILLION POUND PER WEEK HOLE in the EU budget - yes, British people's taxes which have been illegally used to pay GERMAN PENSIONERS £449 PER WEEK when our Brits can't afford to eat nor heat. The BBC are trying to cook up a FAKE RECESSION - shout them down on Social Media.

It's media lies to back up what they want people to think , £-Euro was a lot less a few years back

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It's media lies to back up what they want people to think , £-Euro was a lot less a few years back

Against a low Euro, the Pound is at a 31 year low against the Worlds premier currency, the US Dollar.
The Euro was always going to go down if we voted to leave

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

The pro Brexit Telegraph has this headline:

FTSE 100 surrenders £85bn in two days, pound slides and banking stocks plunge in Brexit aftermath

and also has this little tit bit on their website:

Pound hits fresh 31-year low of $1.3151
Another new 1985 year low.
The pound has fallen further and is now down some 4% today, dragging it to a fresh 31-year low of $1.3151.

Is the pro brexit media lying too?

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011

Nice one.

And how is the pound doing against the dollar? i might be reading it wrong but its looks lower than it has been in the last 10 years including the recession in 2008

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The Daily Telegraph also reports that GBP is on track for it's steepest 2 day decline against USD in history.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Nice one.

,,,and this is from whome?

D

Deleted member 22389

Exactly. We knew things might be a bit rocky for a while. A price you pay until things are sorted out. Instant fix after 4 days, of course not.

Everywhere else is rocky as well. Once we get an idea of what is happening and how that is translated things will calm down. That is the message I am getting, so everyone needs to calm down.

Yoda

English & European
Nice one.

Really?

The day before the 2015 General Election £1 = €1.34367

At this very minute £1 = €1.20089

I think where ever you're getting your info is lying. http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=EUR&view=2Y

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here