Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Day 2 update on my break in Lyme Regis...went along the coast to Seaton for the morning and had a wander around, quite quiet but relaxed. There are two pubs opposite each other in town, one has an " A" board out asking for " experienced bar and waiting staff to join the current team", the other had a hand written note on the front door... " Sorry, due to staff shortages we are unable to open today "....

Went back to Lyme Regis just now and myself and Mrs V fancied Haddock and chips from The Lyme Fish Bar....." Sorry mate, we can't get Haddock from our suppliers recently.... No one can "

I thought we were supposed to have an endless supply of Fish post Brexit?
If the Government had chosen a Brexit type like Norway we would have had loads of fish.

Unfortunately they chose a very, very damaging type of Brexit.

Brexit is not the problem. The Governmemt implementation of it is.

Get Brexit Done Better.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The nation loathing pattercakes need to move on, the war is is over, time to embrace Global Britain.
Post Brexit Britain is booming.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Acting as your critical friend, I am concerned that the tabloidese language you use may genuinely reflect an over simplistic understanding of complex issues.

What do you mean by a 'nation loathing pattercake' in this context? What is the war you are referring to? What does 'moving on' entail in your mind? When did we not embrace Global Britain? On what evidence do you claim Post Brexit Britain is booming?

Repeating your mantras makes them neither more intelligible nor more accurate....

I believe better of you, but you really are not making much sense.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8d1A9-D74Q

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
Acting as your critical friend, I am concerned that the tabloidese language you use may genuinely reflect an over simplistic understanding of complex issues.

What do you mean by a 'nation loathing pattercleft ake' in this context? What is the war you are referring to? What does 'moving on' entail in your mind? When did we not embrace Global Britain? On what evidence do you claim Post Brexit Britain is booming?

Repeating your mantras makes them neither more intelligible nor more accurate....

Left wing self loathing anti UK rhetoric is totally transparent, god bless MSM
Regards
SF

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
https://twitter.com/jefferson_mfg/status/1433365364822401029?s=21
Jobs jobs jobs.
Uk manufacturing is booming.
UK apprenticeships are the way forward.
The war is over, global Britain is booming.

Exactly, Fruit picking, Food preparation, Care Homes, Hospitality, Catering, HGV drivers, there are hundreds of thousands of minimum wage 'careers' for a West Durrington Train driver with their own caravan and a bit of ambition :thumbsup:

Toot Toot
happy-columbus.gif

Jan 30, 2008
The nation loathing pattercakes need to move on, the war is is over, time to embrace Global Britain.

Exactly, Fruit picking, Food preparation, Care Homes, Hospitality, Catering, HGV drivers, there are hundreds of thousands of minimum wage 'careers' for a West Durrington Train driver with their own caravan and a bit of ambition :thumbsup:

Toot Toot
View attachment 140076

Why not go and get your hands dirty rather than boring the arse of us
Regards
DF

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

What do you mean by a 'nation loathing pattercake' in this context? What is the war you are referring to? What does 'moving on' entail in your mind? When did we not embrace Global Britain? On what evidence do you claim Post Brexit Britain is booming?

Important to remember full customs checks still haven't been implemented yet from the EU, delayed till Jan 1 2022.

I also notice the introduction of the UKCA mark (doing the EU says in other words) delayed till 2023, more self imposed red tape for Britain

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

so where is the global supply and manpower that replaces what we had before? why are the shelves empty? shouldn't there be shiploads of Kangaroo sausages and Castlemaine XXXX we should consuming and more people from the commonwealth doing the low skilled work?

Surely to embrace global Britain we need to see it with our eyes?

Jan 30, 2008
so where is the global supply and manpower that replaces what we had before? why are the shelves empty? shouldn't there be shiploads of Kangaroo sausages and Castlemaine XXXX we should consuming and more people from the commonwealth doing the low skilled work?

Surely to embrace global Britain we need to see it with our eyes?

Oh randy take your head out of your arse for starters
Regards
DF

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Left wing self loathing anti UK rhetoric is totally transparent, god bless MSM
Regards
SF

Do you actually have any idea what you are saying when you write this sort of nonsense down?

Where is the self loathing, anti UK rhetoric or transparency in anything I wrote?

Do you possess the faculty for self reflection?

Did you study English as a foreign language?

Are you drunk?

Are you drugged?

I am really interested to know how you can be so reliant on catchphrases and cliches without understanding what they mean. It's entertaining but it is complete drivel. Well done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6_QNHbfA1E

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Well here's a surprise - a disaster for our food and drink exports.

Well nobody saw that coming, eh?

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/sep/02/brexit-uk-food-drink-exports-eu-disastrous-decline

I see the irony of your comment but for those who do not recognise it, I think it's fair to say many informed people predicted this.

Arguably of more concern on this thread is the small but vociferous group of Leave disciples who do not believe it or are in denial that it is the result of Brexit.

I imagine their attitude reflects that of similar hardcore deniers around the country.

I suspect they will say anything to protect the decision they made years ago; bizarrely they would now rather we all accept and keep quiet about it. Something about a war being over apparently, a quote I think which has been lifted directly from the mendacious Mr Farage....

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here