Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Brexit: EU introduces controls on vaccines to NI

'Aggressive and shameful'

Mrs Foster said the EU had placed a "hard border" between Northern Ireland the Republic of Ireland.

"By triggering Article 16 in this manner, the European Union has once again shown it is prepared to use Northern Ireland when it suits their interests but in the most despicable manner - over the provision of a vaccine which is designed to save lives," she said.

"At the first opportunity the EU has placed a hard border between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland over the supply chain of the Coronavirus vaccine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-55864442

All Unionists and people concerned about the GFA should condemn this action ... apologies for posting on the right thread.

BoJo was threatening invoking article 16, because a DUP member was asking for it, over the difficulty in UK goods getting to Nortern Ireland, Arlene was less vocal about that threat of a hard border.
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/...if-necessary-says-boris-johnson-39964412.html

EU is not going to do it any way, it's disappointing that they are threatening it, but it won't happen.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Voted leave as she hated health and safety and employment rules

Lets hope despite her business going down the toilet she gets her wish and we have no health or safety or employment protections

[tweet]1355207846560997376[/tweet]

It would be somewhat ironic if she and her daughter ended up seeking an employed position because she lost her business, and was wanting some of those protections. It's bloody sad.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It would be somewhat ironic if she and her daughter ended up seeking an employed position because she lost her business, and was wanting some of those protections. It's bloody sad.
Simply put Brexit means working longer hours with less protection and lower manufacturing standards in order for companies to make more money.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Simply put Brexit means working longer hours with less protection and lower manufacturing standards in order for companies to make more money.

easy solution, she can use sovereignty or less closer political union...

Jobs a good 'un

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Bloke who has spent years complaining about working conditions/wages while we were in the EU continues to complain shock [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Bloke who has spent years complaining about working conditions/wages while we were in the EU continues to complain shock [emoji14]

But surely anybody who is employed would be concerned about changes to working conditions/wages :)

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Sorry Bry, the question was almost rhetorical probably prompted by my frustration that it's the same half dozen accounts (and probably only 2 or 3 actual individuals) that manage to get the vast majority of the sensible threads to descend and moved into the Bear Pit. (One of the multiple accounters diving straight into your answer to me right above :rolleyes:)

I did think they were trying to move anything about Brexit into the Pit, but as you pointed out they even tried to derail the EU/AstraZeneca thread which was primarily highlighting mistakes by the EU :dunce:

Good Luck :thumbsup:

I consider myself part of the problem, do you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
...with our sick pay rates already being among the worst in Europe?

Indeed, I think that many people really don't know that on much of the continent Sick and Unemployment benefits are far higher than ours. Mind you, I think many of us have been trained to think that its good to suffer if we are not " Pulling our Weight "

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It's been a tough week for the #teameu crew ..

hqdefault.jpg

... keep on fighting chaps!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
https://youtu.be/PbuY2x27mYc
Tick tock tick tock tick tock
Regards
DF

I'm sorry to point this out but I think you may have posted the wrong video. This one is mainly about the problems exporters are having as a result of Brexit.

It does then go on to talk about new doors having opened for trade with the US and Canada but as everyone knows that no new doors have opened this must surely be some sort of complicated spoof.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'm sorry to point this out but I think you may have posted the wrong video. This one is mainly about the problems exporters are having as a result of Brexit.

It does then go on to talk about new doors having opened for trade with the US and Canada but as everyone knows that no new doors have opened this must surely be some sort of complicated spoof.

Always good to see you jousting with your moral and intellectual equal but please stop spreading fibs. Of course, new doors/opportunities have opened after leaving a protectionist block. Negotiating a trade deal where only two parties are involved is easier than accommodating 29 governments priorities as was the case when we were members of the EU.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Always good to see you jousting with your moral and intellectual equal but please stop spreading fibs. Of course, new doors/opportunities have opened after leaving a protectionist block. Negotiating a trade deal where only two parties are involved is easier than accommodating 29 governments priorities as was the case when we were members of the EU.

and in such a negotation you would agree terms where neither party has competetive advantage over the other. As they did with Japan deal. Thats protectionism

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
and in such a negotation you would agree terms where neither party has competetive advantage over the other. As they did with Japan deal. Thats protectionism
Amusing how being a member of a large trade block was supposedly meant to secure better trade deals but in most cases, we just rolled over the same deals outside the EU. In future the only priority for trade deals will be UK plc not EU plc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here